Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > oneworld
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2019, 8:38 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA: 2 MM
Originally Posted by Mwenenzi
AA thread
BA Seat Selection Issues for AA Flyers - charges, seating, award, etc.

Many threads in BA forum on seating. Without mid level status need to pay for seat allocation in economy & business

Posts Jun 2019
When to purchase seats

Posts Jun 2019
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...s-article.html

Posts Dec 2018 Best guide
BA Seating Policy Guide

Posts Dec 2018
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...ts-status.html

Post Apr 2017 Post (Last post Jan 2018)
Club World seat reservations not free?
Thank you.
Old Aug 27, 2019, 2:34 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Spire, Hilton Gold
Is there a list of airports at which Oneworld Priority fast-track security is available? I'm flying AY J on flights via YYZ, HEL, HKG, BKK, and LHR, with Sapphire on the outbound and possibly Emerald on the inbound.

Also, any Oneworld or AY lounges at those airports that are particularly good? Thanks.
Old Aug 27, 2019, 7:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by joe_miami
Is there a list of airports at which Oneworld Priority fast-track security is available? I'm flying AY J on flights via YYZ, HEL, HKG, BKK, and LHR, with Sapphire on the outbound and possibly Emerald on the inbound.

Also, any Oneworld or AY lounges at those airports that are particularly good? Thanks.
Priority immigration/security departing Bangkok is based on cabin only, not status. A J boarding pass will get you in. If it's open the CX lounge there is my favorite.

HKG has no priority security. I like The Wing there.
Old Aug 28, 2019, 7:44 pm

Programs: QF SG(LTS) - AA LTG(1MM)
Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
Priority immigration/security departing Bangkok is based on cabin only, not status. A J boarding pass will get you in. If it's open the CX lounge there is my favorite.
HKG has no priority security. I like The Wing there.

Have never tried it but the signs on Bangkok priority immigration also states "seniors" which I think in this case is over 70

Happy wandering (if your are a senior)

Fred
Old Sep 12, 2019, 4:24 am

Programs: British Airways
Connecting Flight lounge access Royal Jordanian

Hi, I am flying tomorrow with Royal Jordanian from Heathrow to Bangkok Via Amman. I've won the bid to upgrade the AMM-BKK (longer) leg to Business/Crown Class, but the LHR-AMM is economy. Will I be able to access the lounge before my flight in Heathrow because the "main" leg of the flight is business?

Thanks
Old Sep 15, 2019, 9:48 am

Programs: CX GO (=SPH), IHG Diamond Amb, Hertz 5*, Accor, Hilton, National
Originally Posted by keaner2
Hi, I am flying tomorrow with Royal Jordanian from Heathrow to Bangkok Via Amman. I've won the bid to upgrade the AMM-BKK (longer) leg to Business/Crown Class, but the LHR-AMM is economy. Will I be able to access the lounge before my flight in Heathrow because the "main" leg of the flight is business?

Thanks
It looks like LHR-AMM is just over 5 hours, so technically no, as the cut-off is 5 hours. You can try though, but I have no experience with RJ.
Old Sep 15, 2019, 9:50 am
Suspended

Programs: None any more
Given that the flight was 2 days ago, I guess the only useful post would be from @keaner2 regarding whether they got the access or not.
ernestnywang likes this.
Old Oct 6, 2019, 1:20 pm
Mandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Platinum
Access on Arrival

Hi,
I've secured an upgrade to J on AA 125 (DFW-HKG) for my mom and myself, and once we arrive in HKG, we transfer onto a CX flight to SGN leaving about 4 hours later, on a separate ticket in Y.
I was wondering if we can use the CX lounge in HKG with our AA J boarding passes? (If it matters the AA flight lands the day after it departs)
I am only OW Ruby so I cannot use the CX J lounge otherwise.
Thanks!
Old Oct 6, 2019, 7:39 pm

Programs: AY+ Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by wk989
Hi,
I've secured an upgrade to J on AA 125 (DFW-HKG) for my mom and myself, and once we arrive in HKG, we transfer onto a CX flight to SGN leaving about 4 hours later, on a separate ticket in Y.
I was wondering if we can use the CX lounge in HKG with our AA J boarding passes? (If it matters the AA flight lands the day after it departs)
I am only OW Ruby so I cannot use the CX J lounge otherwise.
Thanks!
You should have access in HKG on the basis of your J ticket on DFW-HKG and connection to a oneworld carrier. Make sure to keep your DFW-HKG boarding pass.
wk989 likes this.
Old Oct 11, 2019, 6:59 am

Programs: BA Gold, Flyblue
Hi, just spotted the newbie thread, so will try to delete my other posting

I am on the RGN-BKK-CMB single Business Class flights on 20 October 2019 (as a first leg) and CMB-LHR 5 days later

My times were fairly good, RGN-BKK 16:30-18:15 (UL3301 or 8M331) connecting onto the BKK-CMB (UL407) 20:25-22:15

I have been emailed to say the UL3301 was 'cancelled' and that asked to confirm if the 07:40-09:25 (UL3307) would be okay? That's would mean a 11-hour lay-over in Bangkok

It would appear also that Myanmar Airlines International which is providing the RGN-BKK is continuing to operate the 16:30 flight, as being bookable on their own website.

What are my rights here? Could I argue for a change to the airline operating the RGN-BKK leg, such as the Bangkok Airways 15:20 departure (PG708) or am I pretty much stuck accepting what Sri Lankan says, the 07:40!!!

Cheers to the collective
Old Oct 13, 2019, 4:04 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by Nagolnagol
I am on the RGN-BKK-CMB single Business Class flights on 20 October 2019 (as a first leg) and CMB-LHR 5 days later

My times were fairly good, RGN-BKK 16:30-18:15 (UL3301 or 8M331) connecting onto the BKK-CMB (UL407) 20:25-22:15

I have been emailed to say the UL3301 was 'cancelled' and that asked to confirm if the 07:40-09:25 (UL3307) would be okay? That's would mean a 11-hour lay-over in Bangkok

It would appear also that Myanmar Airlines International which is providing the RGN-BKK is continuing to operate the 16:30 flight, as being bookable on their own website.

What are my rights here? Could I argue for a change to the airline operating the RGN-BKK leg, such as the Bangkok Airways 15:20 departure (PG708) or am I pretty much stuck accepting what Sri Lankan says, the 07:40!!!
Generally speaking, the ticketing or marketing airline is required to offer you a choice of alternative flights or a full refund. In practice, the degree of flexibility seems to differ a lot based on the airline in question and who caused the problem. In your case, if I understand, you were booked on a UL (Sri Lankan) code operated by 8M (Myanmar) RGN-BKK, connecting to a UL prime BKK-CMB flight, and the UL code on your 8M flight is no longer offered. Checking EF, I don't see a UL code on the 16:30 flight for any days around the 20th, but I do see it on the 07:40 flight, which explains why UL offered you that option. if you bought your ticket from UL, I would call them; if you booked via a travel agent, call them. Make your case that the 07:40 flight is not acceptable, and ask to be reaccomodated on the 8M prime flight at your original 16:30 time, or failing that, another flight close to the same time.
Old Nov 8, 2019, 3:41 pm

Programs: Qatar Platinum
Im traveling on QR J between HKG and DOH. I am a QR Platinum member (OWE). My friend is traveling from HKG to MEL at a similar time on CX Y. Would I be able to get him as a guest into the Pier or Wing First Class Lounge at HKG? Thanks!
Old Nov 8, 2019, 3:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Jgp777
Im traveling on QR J between HKG and DOH. I am a QR Platinum member (OWE). My friend is traveling from HKG to MEL at a similar time on CX Y. Would I be able to get him as a guest into the Pier or Wing First Class Lounge at HKG? Thanks!
Yes. From https://www.oneworld.com/airport-lounges?location=HKG
oneworld lounge access for frequent flyers by tier status

Enjoy exclusive access to premium airport lounges around the world with oneworld Emerald or Sapphire frequent flyer tier status. Members of oneworld airline frequent flyer programmes with the equivalent of oneworld Emerald or Sapphire tier status can use lounges offered by oneworld airlines when departing on any flight marketed and operated by any oneworld member airline, regardless of cabin class being flown (exceptions are noted below).
  • Emerald tier frequent flyers can use First Class, Business Class or frequent flyer lounges.
  • Sapphire tier frequent flyers are welcome in Business Class* or frequent flyer lounges. (*does not include Qantas Domestic Business Lounges)
  • Emerald and Sapphire members may invite one guest to join them in the lounge. The guest must also be travelling on a flight operated and marketed by a oneworld carrier.
  • You must be prepared to show your boarding pass and frequent flyer membership card, with oneworld Emerald or Sapphire tier status, to access a lounge.
Old Dec 3, 2019, 4:50 am

Programs: BA GGL, Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Lounge Access Prior Evening w/ Flight Next Morning

Hi, just wanted to clarify a lounge access rule.

Does anyone know the policy if you were to want to access a oneworld lounge by virtue of oneworld status alone (i.e. not cabin class) the night prior to your flight the next morning? The oneworld page only defines the rules (i.e. next day's flight must be before 6 am), when accessing a lounge by virtue of cabin class flown.

Specifically, if I was flying on a oneworld flight at 9 am the following morning, and I am arriving at that airport 9 pm the night before, would I be able to use a QF lounge prior to its closure by virtue of oneworld status? I know that I've had luck with the MH lounge at KUL when doing something similar, but I suppose the difference is that the MH lounge is 24 hours and doesn't close.

Thanks in advance!
Old Dec 3, 2019, 4:53 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by wuileng
Hi, just wanted to clarify a lounge access rule.

Does anyone know the policy if you were to want to access a oneworld lounge by virtue of oneworld status alone (i.e. not cabin class) the night prior to your flight the next morning? The oneworld page only defines the rules (i.e. next day's flight must be before 6 am), when accessing a lounge by virtue of cabin class flown.

Specifically, if I was flying on a oneworld flight at 9 am the following morning, and I am arriving at that airport 9 pm the night before, would I be able to use a QF lounge prior to its closure by virtue of oneworld status? I know that I've had luck with the MH lounge at KUL when doing something similar, but I suppose the difference is that the MH lounge is 24 hours and doesn't close.

Thanks in advance!
Whereabouts are you thinking of trying this?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.