Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > oneworld
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2018, 9:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by NewToCanada
I think it's because I once was in the F lounge on Lufthansa and I swear it remains up there among the most extravagant experiences of my life.
No question, the FCT at FRA is a uniquely great experience.
Old Dec 15, 2018, 7:35 am

Originally Posted by anabolism
I've flown CX, JL, and BA F a fair bit. CX and JL are significantly nicer experiences than BA. The CX F lounges in HKG are far better, in my experience, than BA's CCR. On board, CX has larger and wider seats with more privacy than JL (and much more so than BA). Both have great bedding and pajamas. If flying alone, CX seat is more private and spacious. If flying with someone, JL has side-by-side seats where you can interact with each other, while on CX one person has to get up and go over to the other's seat. On JL you pick a firmer or softer mattress pad, which a nice touch. JL offers Royal Blue iced tea, called the Queen of Tea. It's iced oolong tea that is served like wine (and costs the same as wine). It's perhaps the best iced tea you've ever had. JL also has better quality Japanese tea (as one might expect). CX has canned iced green tea which is delicious. JL does keep their cabins noticeably warmer than CX, which can be uncomfortable.
This is great! Many thanks!!
Old Dec 21, 2018, 10:40 am

Need Help - Relocating to Australia

Longtime lurker here. I’m currently an American Gold member and will be moving to Melbourne Australia from Chicago in February. I’m trying to navigate my best options for the flight and luggage allowance.

Some questions:

I know gold isn’t much but is there anything I can do to get more checked bags or a better seat for my partner and I? 2 checked bags each isn’t much 😥

Do any of my benefits on American transfer to Qantas?

Are there any credit cards I could open to get a better membership status and help with seats/bags/check-in?

I also hold a basic United explorer card. Should I think about flying United?

Lastly, I have A-list preferred on Southwest - any chance I can leverage that for status match or anything like that?

Thank you!
Old Jan 1, 2019, 9:01 pm

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
I noticed YVR have an Emerald Fast Track available, anybody used it before? How is it like?
Old Jan 3, 2019, 2:52 pm

Quick question.... can you transfer Avios from Iberia to a BA account that's part of a household group?

I know you can't to an Avios family account (not that these really exist any more I guess), but I wasn't sure on the BA accounts.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 3:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by RG1X
Quick question.... can you transfer Avios from Iberia to a BA account that's part of a household group?

I know you can't to an Avios family account (not that these really exist any more I guess), but I wasn't sure on the BA accounts.
Ask on the BA forum---> https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...tive-club-446/
Several threads on transferring avios BA<--->IB and what to do to achieve that.
Old Jan 17, 2019, 11:28 am

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
Qf12 jfk-syd

In early stages of pulling together a xONEx itinerary together. Before I call RTW desk, thought I consult you guys first.

Question: Is QF12 considered as 1 segment or 2 out of the 16 segments allowed in xONEx? As you know QF12 has 2 legs: JFK-LAX (layover 1.5 hours) & LAX-SYD

Thank you in advance.
Old Jan 17, 2019, 11:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by allset2travel
In early stages of pulling together a xONEx itinerary together. Before I call RTW desk, thought I consult you guys first.

Question: Is QF12 considered as 1 segment or 2 out of the 16 segments allowed in xONEx? As you know QF12 has 2 legs: JFK-LAX (layover 1.5 hours) & LAX-SYD
If booked as JFK-SYD it is 1 segment (same flight number)
Long haul flights on one flight number with an intermediate stop is not unusual. Such as Australia-UK
allset2travel likes this.
Old Jan 17, 2019, 1:27 pm

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
Originally Posted by Mwenenzi
If booked as JFK-SYD it is 1 segment (same flight number)
Long haul flights on one flight number with an intermediate stop is not unusual. Such as Australia-UK
Thank you. Good to get confirmation!
Old Jan 26, 2019, 2:56 pm

Programs: BAEC
Hello,

I ran a quick search on the forum but didn't really find an answer (granted, I didn't dig too deep either).

I would like to know how (if) to find out the price for Y bucket seats between two sectors. I've had a look at ITA Matrix which I don't use a lot and I found that the price quoted varies with the day and of course fare bucket. I'd just like to see the Y fare and nothing else.
If it helps I also have a full expertflyer subscription.

Thanks.
Old Jan 26, 2019, 4:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by LXGB
I ran a quick search on the forum but didn't really find an answer (granted, I didn't dig too deep either).

I would like to know how (if) to find out the price for Y bucket seats between two sectors. I've had a look at ITA Matrix which I don't use a lot and I found that the price quoted varies with the day and of course fare bucket. I'd just like to see the Y fare and nothing else.
If it helps I also have a full expertflyer subscription.
Look & ask here
Old Jan 30, 2019, 8:07 pm

Programs: QFP LTS
Malaysia Airlines Q class - qantas miles

Hi, can anyone help me.... I have a ticket booked on MH in Q class economy ... Does anyone know if this will qualify for qantas miles? (I have emailed qantas but not received a response)
Thanks!
Old Jan 30, 2019, 10:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Jacksta Welcome to FT
Originally Posted by Jacksta
Hi, can anyone help me.... I have a ticket booked on MH in Q class economy ... Does anyone know if this will qualify for Qantas miles? (I have emailed Qantas but not received a response)!
MH Q is not listed, so nothing.
CX & MH have a lot of nil earning fare booking classes

QF--->https://www.qantas.com/fflyer/dyn/fl...ine-earning#mh
General unofficial guide-->https://www.wheretocredit.com/malaysia-airlines/q
Jacksta likes this.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 1:30 pm

Is it at all possible to book BOS>HKG, and NRT>BOS on a single booking that is eligible for paying to upgrade? The specific flight I'm interested books the nonstop for both the Hong Kong (Cathay) and Tokyo (JAL) flights, but the only way to do so is on an American code share. I have tried finding the same flights searching Cathay Pacific and searching on JAL, and while both sites return flights that might be operated by the other, neither site returns the nonstop flights that are available on American's site.

I had read that neither carrier will consider upgrades (even paid) if it's an AA code share. I was planning to book Premium Economy with the hopes that there would be opportunity to pay to upgrade to business if seats were available, because we don't really have enough points to be able to do anything with them (90k CSR). The alternative may be to book on Air Canada which would include layovers, but R/T business to Shanghai is only $3,600 atm (and yes I realize my inquiry is for HKG, Shanghai is an alternative we're considering over HKG because it's quite a bit cheaper).
Old Feb 1, 2019, 2:47 am
Suspended

Programs: None any more
If I understand you correctly, you are hoping to redeem flights in PE using miles then pay to upgrade to business. I'm pretty sure that isn't ever possible.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.