Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > oneworld
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2022, 12:11 am

Programs: qantas
QF - MH transfer at Changi on separate bookings

Does anyone have recent experience (ie this year) connecting from a QF flight to a MH flight at Changi on separate bookings, re whether QF would check baggage through? I know officially their policy is no, but I have also heard that sometimes they will at the desk. If everything is on schedule I have 3 and a half hours in Changi if I have to go through immigration, baggage pick up and re-check bags etc. Is this enough time given COVID checks etc.? I am QF Platinum so hoping they might do me a solid and check the bags through - both Oneworld airlines etc.
Old Apr 26, 2022, 12:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Simon Hinton
Does anyone have recent experience (ie this year) connecting from a QF flight to a MH flight at Changi on separate bookings, re whether QF would check baggage through? I know officially their policy is no, but I have also heard that sometimes they will at the desk. If everything is on schedule I have 3 and a half hours in Changi if I have to go through immigration, baggage pick up and re-check bags etc. Is this enough time given COVID checks etc.? I am QF Platinum so hoping they might do me a solid and check the bags through - both Oneworld airlines etc.
QF policy is only to interline bags QF to QF, QF to EK and where 1 flight is an award. QF policy is not to interline on other separate tickets. Would not be expecting/hoping for an exception. Some recent threads on this in the QF forum.
QF-->https://www.qantas.com/agencyconnect...d-baggage.html
FT-->QF- no checking of luggage separate itineraries from 1 Sep [2016 some exceptions]

You will need to meet the entry requirements for Singapore.
Simon Hinton likes this.
Old Apr 27, 2022, 9:02 pm

I'm flying BA from LHR to BCN on Saturday morning. Under luggage allowance it states

Hand baggage allowance
1 cabin bag
Max. 23kg / 51lbs
Up to 56 x 45 x 25cm / 22 x 18 x 10in

PLUS

1 handbag
Max. 23kg / 51lbs
Up to 40 x 30 x 15cm / 16 x 12 x 6in
Does this mean I can take my wheeled cabin case and my ruck sack? And is my max weight 23kg per bag?

My rucksack is 45cm but it is soft and won't be full so can fold in on itself a little to fit into the 40cm limit, will this be allowed?
Old Apr 29, 2022, 9:11 am

Programs: Ex-BA/AA/CP/LY staff, BA Executive Club Blue, IHG Diamond, Marriott Silver, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by Valiant
Does this mean I can take my wheeled cabin case and my ruck sack? And is my max weight 23kg per bag?

My rucksack is 45cm but it is soft and won't be full so can fold in on itself a little to fit into the 40cm limit, will this be allowed?
Yes.
Old Apr 29, 2022, 9:14 am

Programs: UA Gold
I've been searching but can't find it - is there a part of this forum dealing with rental cars? Often an important part of the flying experience, methinks.
Old Apr 29, 2022, 9:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by rbakker
I've been searching but can't find it - is there a part of this forum dealing with rental cars? Often an important part of the flying experience, methinks.
Here you go:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/car-...-services-392/
Old Apr 29, 2022, 9:33 am

Programs: UA Gold
Thank you!
Old May 8, 2022, 1:21 pm

Newbie question

Hey all, flying MAN - MCO in July booked via BA but will be an aer lingus flight.. when I booked I specifically rang BA because I have silver member benefits & wanted to make sure that I'd still get them with it being an aer lingus flight because i was quite happy flying from london if not to get the benefits.. the lady reassured me that I would get all benefits (2 x 23kg baggage, free seat selection immediately, Dedicated check in, lounge access & fast track security) so went ahead and booked.. I've since learnt that I don't get the extra baggage, seat selection or dedicated check ins.. however I'm not sure on the lounge access.. can anybody help? Thanks
Old May 8, 2022, 1:47 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by Mikey19869
Hey all, flying MAN - MCO in July booked via BA but will be an aer lingus flight.. when I booked I specifically rang BA because I have silver member benefits & wanted to make sure that I'd still get them with it being an aer lingus flight because i was quite happy flying from london if not to get the benefits.. the lady reassured me that I would get all benefits (2 x 23kg baggage, free seat selection immediately, Dedicated check in, lounge access & fast track security) so went ahead and booked.. I've since learnt that I don't get the extra baggage, seat selection or dedicated check ins.. however I'm not sure on the lounge access.. can anybody help? Thanks
You'll undoubtedly get better advice asking in the BA forum. You might start a new thread there, as a quick search didn't turn up anything obviously on target.

My thoughts: How long ago did you book? If it was within 24 hours, you might be eligible for a full refund and can then rebook on BA flights to get your benefits. Otherwise, my suggestion would be to try and contact BA and ask them to rebook you on BA flights without extra charge, since you made the bookings based on the false assurances of the BA agent. Presumably, BA records calls, so BA should be able to retrieve the recording of your call and verify that the agent told you you'd get BA benefits.
Old May 8, 2022, 3:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Mikey19869 welcome to FT

Hey all, flying MAN - MCO in July booked via BA but will be an Aer Lingus flight.When I booked I specifically rang BA because I have silver member benefits & wanted to make sure that I'd still get them with it being an Aer Lingus flight because I was quite happy flying from London if not to get the benefits. The lady reassured me that I would get all benefits (2 x 23kg baggage, free seat selection immediately, Dedicated check in, lounge access & fast track security) so went ahead and booked.. I've since learnt that I don't get the extra baggage, seat selection or dedicated check ins.. However I'm not sure on the lounge access.. Can anybody help? Thanks
What do you mean by "booked via BA but will be an Aer Lingus flight"?
Paid with cash or avios? BA or IEI flight number? BA or EI operated number? (Guess EI) Route MAN-DUB-MCO / MAN-MCO? Class of travel? Fare booking class/type of fare? Cheapie basic economy fare? (which can have very limited extras/status benefits)

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...tive-club-446/

Last edited by Mwenenzi; May 8, 2022 at 4:10 pm
Old May 8, 2022, 3:10 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
You won't get lounge access at MAN unfortunately for your MAN-MCO flight. Your BA silver status isn't something that will be of much use for your EI operated flight, even if booked on the BA codeshare via BA.
Old May 9, 2022, 9:35 pm

Hi, we have flown many DONE4s (and AONE4s) before. I am now looking at Expert Flyer out of Sri Lanka and note there is an IGLOB26. Price is very good. Are there any issues I need to be aware of in booking an "I" class, other than presumably less availability.

Why does Sri Lanka have I class RTW fares but not other destinations?

Thanks
Old May 10, 2022, 2:53 am

Programs: QFF NB, AA GLD
An xGLOB26 restricts the number of stopovers you can have - max of two per continent, and a max of five in total
(The other xGLOB tickets allow a max of four per continent, with 15 max in total). And the xONEx ticket restricts the number of flight segments per continent rather than the number of stopovers.)

Maximum permitted miles is 26,000

Ex Sri Lanka the iONE3 is the same price as the iGLOB26 and it allows 15 stopovers, but of course is restricted to a max of three continents.
Old May 10, 2022, 12:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by teddyflyer
Hi, we have flown many DONE4s (and AONE4s) before. I am now looking at Expert Flyer out of Sri Lanka and note there is an IGLOB26. Price is very good. Are there any issues I need to be aware of in booking an "I" class, other than presumably less availability.

Why does Sri Lanka have I class RTW fares but not other destinations?

Thanks
As noted by Pandaperth the GLOB fares are mileage based and generally more restrictive than the XONEX fares. The IONEX and IGLOB fares started about 8 years ago. At the time they were first offered they were only available ex-US and then ex-US and ex-Asia. Plus a OW airline has to decide to offer the fare from a particular country. I can currently see IONEX fares ex-CMB, ex-SIN, ex-HKG, ex-KHI, and ex-US on EF at the moment (I haven't searched other originations).

The main disadvantages will be availability (more restrictive than D) and less mileage/points earning in most programs.
See also:
IONE - a new round the world product??
IONEx fares, do they exist???
KHI Turn?
Old May 11, 2022, 2:13 am

Programs: QFF NB, AA GLD
And also Musings: Circumstances where a Global Explorer might be better than a Oneworld Explo - FlyerTalk Forums
(WARNING: some information in the thread posts may no longer be correct)

Last edited by pandaperth; May 12, 2022 at 3:16 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.