IONEx fares, do they exist???

Old May 27, 18, 8:03 am
Original Poster

IONEx fares, do they exist???

I checked EF for the IONEx fare starting from NRT/TLV/OSL, the current 'low cost' DONEx starting cities. There are no IONEx fares listed. Do they exist and what type of savings are there if they exist? I checked a few of the routes that I would fly and there appears to be I inventory. Sporadic I0 availability, but not too bad. If the savings are 10-15%, I take the reduced inventory for the savings on fare.
Old May 27, 18, 12:26 pm

Programs: MR LTT, BA Gold, AA LTP, UA Silver
The only IONEn fare is IONE3 which only exists ex-US TTBOMK. See post #2 in IONE - a new round the world product??
Old May 27, 18, 12:32 pm

Programs: A3 *G, AA exePlat, AS MVP 75k Gold, JL sapphire, UA silver
Cmb ione3 6038<br />cmb done3 6938<br /><br />I am not sure if a 15% reduction is base fare is worth it.<br />after YQ and tax, the saving is evening less.<br /><br />however, D class earns a lot more miles in many programs.<br /><br />AY D class earns COS 100 on AA and 40% EQD<br />BA D class earns COS150 on AS.<br />if one try to get a few segemetns in AY and BA, it can negate the saving

Last edited by pbd456; May 27, 18 at 12:35 pm Reason: adding
Old Jan 26, 19, 10:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, LT PLT; QR PLT; Bonvoy LT TIT
So just to clarify, IONEx is the same as DONEx in everything except earnings in some programs?
Old Jan 27, 19, 4:01 am

Programs: CX MPO SL, IHG Spire, Hertz 5*, National Emerald Club
Originally Posted by Dr. HFH View Post
So just to clarify, IONEx is the same as DONEx in everything except earnings in some programs?
AFAIK, yes (but can't speak of every origin), and of course the more restricted inventory.

Search this Thread