Wiki Posts
Search

Accessing SIN OW lounge when flying BA

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2019, 11:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, SkyTeam Elite Plus, Sixt Gold
Accessing SIN OW lounge when flying BA

Possibly asked already elsewhere, although my google search returned no results for this...

Anyway the question is: I am flying from SIN to LHR on a BA flight, can I enter the CX lounge at T4?

As I know T4 is fully automated I guess my BA boarding pass would not allow me in, but I was thinking if once I am in T1 I can then use the skytrain + shuttle combo to reach T4 having already passed immigration & security and enter the CX lounge (which seems open to all OW passengers according to OW website).

Thoughts?
Old Jan 27, 2019, 12:03 am
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
As this is about CX lounge access policies at SIN, we’ll move it over to our Cathay Pacific forum where there’ll be greater experience of this.

/mod
frandrake likes this.
Old Jan 27, 2019, 12:54 am

Programs: CX ows, DL E+
Originally Posted by frandrake
Possibly asked already elsewhere, although my google search returned no results for this...

Anyway the question is: I am flying from SIN to LHR on a BA flight, can I enter the CX lounge at T4?

As I know T4 is fully automated I guess my BA boarding pass would not allow me in, but I was thinking if once I am in T1 I can then use the skytrain + shuttle combo to reach T4 having already passed immigration & security and enter the CX lounge (which seems open to all OW passengers according to OW website).

Thoughts?
Not possible as there is a staff guarding the entrance to the Shuttle Bus to T4. You'll be requested to show you're inbound arrival boarding pass arriving to T1/2/3 and your outburst departure boarding pass of a carrier departing T4.

And mobile boarding passes won't be accepted, I tried before.
Old Jan 27, 2019, 4:44 am

Originally Posted by Sozee
Not possible as there is a staff guarding the entrance to the Shuttle Bus to T4. You'll be requested to show you're inbound arrival boarding pass arriving to T1/2/3 and your outburst departure boarding pass of a carrier departing T4.

And mobile boarding passes won't be accepted, I tried before.
Interesting. I did it the other way round. Went from T4 (travelling CX) and wanted to meet a friend in T2 before they flew off. They checked my boarding pass and let me go onto the shuttle bus.

Now, while I don't know the exact circumstances that you were rejected from the opposite direction, but I wonder if it was because a) they only allow it one direction (T4 > T2), b) you didn't have enough time to get back. If I recall correctly, they only allow you to change terminals if you have 2 hours on your boarding pass (or maybe it was 1hr and a half).
Old Jan 27, 2019, 5:02 am

Programs: BA(GGL) QF LTS CX AM, Hilton Diamond, PPL(A)
Originally Posted by SQTraveller
Interesting. I did it the other way round. Went from T4 (travelling CX) and wanted to meet a friend in T2 before they flew off. They checked my boarding pass and let me go onto the shuttle bus.

Now, while I don't know the exact circumstances that you were rejected from the opposite direction, but I wonder if it was because a) they only allow it one direction (T4 > T2), b) you didn't have enough time to get back. If I recall correctly, they only allow you to change terminals if you have 2 hours on your boarding pass (or maybe it was 1hr and a half).
non T4 passengers are not allowed to go to T4.

there has been cases / reports of T4 passengers going to other terminals
Old Jan 27, 2019, 5:59 am

Originally Posted by ermen
non T4 passengers are not allowed to go to T4.

there has been cases / reports of T4 passengers going to other terminals
Interesting. As I said, I had no issues going T4 to the other terminals.

I might try when I travel there next time, as I like the CX lounge.
Old Jan 27, 2019, 6:25 am

Programs: CX Gold, QF Bronze
is that CX passengers can perform lounge Hops to the following lounge in T1?
1. BA Lounge
2. Qantas Singapore Lounge
3. Qantas First Lounge Singapore (opens Q3 2019)
Old Jan 27, 2019, 6:58 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium.;UA 1.5MM; UA Lifetime Gold (whoppee); DL Plat
I was rebuffed for T4 to TI last week.
Old Jan 27, 2019, 1:52 pm
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by derek2010
1. BA Lounge
you could but bkk has better qf lounge.
Old Jan 27, 2019, 2:58 pm

Programs: MPC,CA,MU,AF
This is more a discussion on OW lounges in SIN, and not related to CX. I am moving the thread to the OW forum...

cxfan1960
CX CoMod
Old Jan 28, 2019, 12:15 am

Programs: CX ows, DL E+
Originally Posted by derek2010
1. BA Lounge
Correct
I was flying CX,but got my boarding pass from T4, travelled landside to T2, passed immigration at T2, went to T1 QF and BA Lounge

You may be checked by the staff at the entrance to the Shuttle back to T4 if you do it this way, so maybe you should enter airside in T4 first, then go take the Shuttle to T2 I wasn't sure they would let people go from T4 to T2 as I previously heard reports of people rejected, therefore I used the method above. (I just mention I had ample amount of time, around 10-12 hours until my flight depart)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.