Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > oneworld
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2023, 8:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by AirborneLocksmith
I'm connecting through Heathrow and I'll have 2.5 hours between my BA flight arriving at T5 and my AA flight leaving from T3.

I'm OW Sapphire, and according to the OW lounge finder I'll have access to the following lounges at T3:
- AA Admirals Club Lounge
- BA Galleries Club Lounge
- CX Business Class Lounge
- QF Business Class Lounge

Which one is the best? I'm guessing CX and QF, but I may be wrong.
Have you checked the opening hours relative to your departing flight?
Old Jan 18, 2023, 5:11 am

Programs: AC, AA, TK, OW Emerald
Originally Posted by Mwenenzi
Have you checked the opening hours relative to your departing flight?
According to the OW lounge lookup page, they’re all supposed to be open, and I have confirmed that on the respective airlines' lounge information pages. I arrive at LHR T5 at 07:30 and depart from T3 shortly after 10:00.

Last edited by AirborneLocksmith; Jan 18, 2023 at 7:24 am
Old Jan 18, 2023, 11:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by AirborneLocksmith
According to the OW lounge lookup page, they’re all supposed to be open, and I have confirmed that on the respective airlines' lounge information pages. I arrive at LHR T5 at 07:30 and depart from T3 shortly after 10:00.
Extensive discussion of the best T3 lounges can be found in this thread in the BA forum:
Best T3 OneWorld Lounge
Old Jan 18, 2023, 12:05 pm

Programs: AC, AA, TK, OW Emerald
Originally Posted by jerry a. laska
Extensive discussion of the best T3 lounges can be found in this thread in the BA forum:
Best T3 OneWorld Lounge
Thank you!
I searched the OW forum for existing posts/threads, but didn't think of searching the airline-specific forums as well.
Old Jan 19, 2023, 8:37 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum
Hey there - new to OW, I figured I'd ask my question here (since it's flame-free, but we'll see how it goes).

I've been a SkyTeam Elite Plus (Platinum) member for 5 years with AF, but I recently relocated to CMN, hub of AT.

I'm mainly after status, more than awards. AT offers silver after 15 status flights. Asking the experts here: would there be any reason whatsoever to join another member instead of AT, taking into consideration I'll mainly be flying either AT or IB in coach on hops either within Africa or between Africa and Europe?

I'd assume not, but as I'm not familiar (at all) with the alliance, I figured I'd ask members of this board

Thanks in advance (and please be flame-free )
Old Jan 25, 2023, 1:01 pm

Programs: Asia Miles
I'm with CX and I put them down as my FF number on some QR and BA flights 8 months ago. I can't find the class for BA but it was only BHD-BER. The QR flights were BER-HAN in O and T classes.

The miles didn't go through and I presumed I had to claim them as I've done before, especially seeing it was a long haul route on a full service airline like QR for 12,000 miles, but according to wheretocredit.com CX won't even give you any miles for those.

So it's well over 6 months. QR and BA won't let me claim miles over 6 months ago and it's even less likely if you make a new account with them now, then claim. It's a long shot but are there any OW airlines that'll let me claim miles over 6 months ago and from a new account?
Old Jan 25, 2023, 1:59 pm

Programs: CX GO (=SPH), IHG Diamond Amb, Hertz 5*, Accor, Hilton, National
Originally Posted by 8592nd
The miles didn't go through and I presumed I had to claim them as I've done before, especially seeing it was a long haul route on a full service airline like QR for 12,000 miles, but according to wheretocredit.com CX won't even give you any miles for those.
Can't help you with your main question, but you can (and should) always refer to the official tables at https://www.asiamiles.com/en/earn-mi...ritish-airways and https://www.asiamiles.com/en/earn-mi.../qatar-airways
Old Jan 28, 2023, 3:23 pm

Just starting to put a potential DONE5 together and one of the places I want to visit is MLE.
My question is would ......NRT/MLE/SYD/DOH..... be a valid routing ? - I think it is but just want to check
Old Jan 28, 2023, 5:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by petez
Just starting to put a potential DONE5 together and one of the places I want to visit is MLE.
My question is would ......NRT/MLE/SYD/DOH..... be a valid routing ? - I think it is but just want to check
There are no non-stop flights NRT-MLE and MLE-SYD. Need a valid route. The intermediate flights-transits do count.
Unsure what region MLE is. Asia? Others will know.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Velana...tional_Airport
A map from the Great Circle Mapper - Great Circle Mapper
Old Jan 28, 2023, 6:55 pm

Programs: CX GO (=SPH), IHG Diamond Amb, Hertz 5*, Accor, Hilton, National
Originally Posted by Mwenenzi
Unsure what region MLE is. Asia?
Yes, Asia.
Old Jan 28, 2023, 9:17 pm

Programs: QFF NB, AA GLD
Originally Posted by petez
In terms of continents, your routing is: Asia (NRT and MLE) - South West Pacific (SYD) - Europe/Middle East (DOH)
and that is a valid routing
(But note that you cannot travel to MLE via DOH, or from MLE via DOH, so with the current schedules, you will have to travel via CMB both ways)
And yes, MLE is in Asia
Mwenenzi likes this.
Old Jan 29, 2023, 2:16 pm

Many thanks - based on the responses will probably look at NRT/DEL/SYD/DOH to give me some more flexibility and look at some LCC options to MLE.

Another question - I'm also looking to maximize my BA Tier Points. If I start from OSL with OSL-LHR am I right assuming that something like LHR-HEL-LHR is possible before a LHR-transatlantic ?
Old Jan 30, 2023, 8:50 am

Programs: AA EP
Hello - brand-new here, hoping the flame-free promise holds true ...

I'm Exec Platinum on AA and have earned this yearly thru domestic travel on AA. However, I will be moving to the UK for a 12-month stint from May 2023-May 2024. I'll be traveling extensively throughout Europe during this period, in coach, mostly on BA flights, plus I'll also be adding on 6-8 transatlantic flights during this period. My questions:

- should I stay with AAdvantage for this period or switch to BA's program for the year? I'm confident I'll earn top-tier status on either based on spend & # flights, just wondering if there's an advantage (pun intended) to having this with AA or BA given that I'll be living on London and flying BA
- which carrier is recommended for LHR-DFW travel? I've only ever flown on AA on this route, is BA's service better or worse?

Thanks in advance for the advice!
Old Jan 30, 2023, 9:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Leafs1967
Hello - brand-new here, hoping the flame-free promise holds true ...

I'm Exec Platinum on AA and have earned this yearly thru domestic travel on AA. However, I will be moving to the UK for a 12-month stint from May 2023-May 2024. I'll be traveling extensively throughout Europe during this period, in coach, mostly on BA flights, plus I'll also be adding on 6-8 transatlantic flights during this period. My questions:

- should I stay with AAdvantage for this period or switch to BA's program for the year? I'm confident I'll earn top-tier status on either based on spend & # flights, just wondering if there's an advantage (pun intended) to having this with AA or BA given that I'll be living on London and flying BA
- which carrier is recommended for LHR-DFW travel? I've only ever flown on AA on this route, is BA's service better or worse?

Thanks in advance for the advice!
For only 12 months stay with AAdvantage. It would take some time to earn BAEC status.
What do you expect from (top tier) status? In UK it will *not* be free upgrades.

BAEC is going from a distance based ffp to a revenue based ffp. BAEC membership year is based on when you join. Not calendar year like AA.

From UK to EU on BA flights will not earn much, to any ffp, as these flights are short and can be cheap. Other airlines may have better schedules, routes & pricing compared to BA.

Look at the links in post 2. Have been AAdvantage vs BAEC comparisons before.
-->Deciding on a Oneworld Frequent Flyer Program? Help is here.

From 2018, but the AA ffp has changed since then-->Just moved to London: AA versus BA versus United
Leafs1967 likes this.

Last edited by Mwenenzi; Jan 30, 2023 at 9:13 am
Old Feb 1, 2023, 4:27 am

I think this is allowed but if I start with say OSL-DOH-JFK..... can I finish with .....PER-DOH-OSL ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.