Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 27, 2020, 6:02 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Mwenenzi
Australian Government links
AU Govt (03 Jul 2022)-->All COVID-19 border restrictions to be lifted

The AU federal and state govt web sites are the *only* source of information.
Links smartraveller.gov.au
Update to new measures for return to Australia
COVID-19: Re-entry and quarantine measures

In addition State/territory authority may be needed.
What is in effect at any time can be hard to determine. Can change at short notice.

AU (Federal) Minister of Health
AU Department of Health Australian National Cabinet press releases
Print Wikipost

Australia’s response to Covid-19 [general border control thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1, 2021, 8:36 pm

Originally Posted by Mwenenzi
Still in quarantine?
The chances of the NSW Govt letting you free and reducing the cost are nil or less.
Would have thought NSW would have been more amenable to this vaccination vs days in quarantine. But will be more behind the AU Federal-SA deal.
Sadly, yes 😩 prison hotel release date is 3 days away!
Mwenenzi likes this.
Old Jul 1, 2021, 9:23 pm
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
50% quota cut https://www.9news.com.au/national/co...4-9deefccb497f

Morrison proposing home quarantine for vaccinated: Coronavirus: Home quarantine will be trialled for vaccinated travellers (9news.com.au)

Morrison general plan to come out of quarantine: Coronavirus: Prime Minister Scott Morrison outlines Australia's pathway out of the pandemic (9news.com.au)

Tl;dr: https://www.executivetraveller.com/n...arantine-trial

Last edited by percysmith; Jul 2, 2021 at 2:30 am
Old Jul 2, 2021, 2:24 am
HB7

Programs: BA Exec Club, SIA KrisFlyer, Qantas FF, Emirates Skywards
More arbitrary pointless plans by the fairly pathetic Morrison government. A plan without any sort of timeline or idea when each phase starts or finishes. We don't even know what the number of vaccinated people needs to be to get started on each phase.

A plan without a timeline is the same as a goal without a timeline - which is just a pipe dream. Simple as that.
A1pax, bensyd and LETTERBOY like this.
Old Jul 2, 2021, 3:09 am

Originally Posted by HB7
More arbitrary pointless plans by the fairly pathetic Morrison government. A plan without any sort of timeline or idea when each phase starts or finishes. We don't even know what the number of vaccinated people needs to be to get started on each phase.
A plan without a timeline is the same as a goal without a timeline - which is just a pipe dream. Simple as that.
The "vaccine is not a race" leader has got an open plan - and has been telling people under 40 to get AZ vaccine 😩
HB7 likes this.
Old Jul 2, 2021, 3:12 am
DC9

Programs: QF Platinum, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by HB7

… A plan without a timeline is the same as a goal without a timeline - which is just a pipe dream. Simple as that.
This is what happens when hiding under the doona at The Lodge. ☹️
A1pax and HB7 like this.
Old Jul 2, 2021, 3:22 am
HB7

I genuinely hope these airlines pull the plug - unless vaccinated Australians can come home, outside these caps and only spend 5 days in quarantine at home from now.

https://www.executivetraveller.com/n...hts-until-2022
JNelson113, A1pax and LETTERBOY like this.
Old Jul 2, 2021, 3:45 am

Originally Posted by HB7
I genuinely hope these airlines pull the plug

https://www.executivetraveller.com/n...hts-until-2022
I don't know if you mean airlines should be disgusted with the Australian government measures and pull flights or whether it will be commercial reality; because, as announced, less quota means more flights will be cargo-only and more consolidation of passenger flights, whether the airlines are disgusted with the government's measures or not.

Same as SQ, CX here has the cargo demand to keep flying to Australia. And the pax demand is always there. But it's a matter of whether it's worthwhile operating passenger flights anymore. Passenger frequencies can go down to a flight to Sydney a week.

Originally Posted by HB7
unless vaccinated Australians can come home, outside these caps and only spend 5 days in quarantine at home from now.
I (and other Australians here) are hoping those of us having completed vaccination and eligible for home quarantine will be considered outside quota. We hope that Commonwealth Government will allow Green Flight designation like AU-NZ bubble where every passenger has to meet both vaccination and immigration (citizen/PR) criteria, and all crew are vaccinated, and no quota be set for booking these flights (controls will be implemented on boarding)
HB7 likes this.

Last edited by percysmith; Jul 2, 2021 at 3:54 am
Old Jul 2, 2021, 4:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Exp|VA Platinum
Originally Posted by HB7
I genuinely hope these airlines pull the plug
So do I.
HB7 likes this.
Old Jul 2, 2021, 4:46 am

Programs: Free agent
Government is extending subsidies to placate the airlines and keep freight moving. Freight includes Pfizer vaccines which I believe are coming from Singapore on SQ (can't find the source for this).

It's a crazy situation where fully-vaccinated Australians and others with a legitimate reason to be in Australia are actively being prevented from entering, supposedly to protect onshore Aussies from the risk of HQ outbreaks.

This feels like a rinse and repeat of July 2020, and is driven by the same three state Premiers. Only this time they played on Morrison's re-election worries and so imposed the reduced cap even on NSW, despite Berejiklian's protestations.
Old Jul 2, 2021, 5:37 am
HB7

Originally Posted by percysmith
I (and other Australians here) are hoping those of us having completed vaccination and eligible for home quarantine will be considered outside quota. We hope that Commonwealth Government will allow Green Flight designation like AU-NZ bubble where every passenger has to meet both vaccination and immigration (citizen/PR) criteria, and all crew are vaccinated, and no quota be set for booking these flights (controls will be implemented on boarding)
The problem with your statement is that it makes sense - and that is far beyond the Aussie government. They keep "announcing things" and "making plans" - they are all nothing more than expressions of hopeful aspirations in the future (the future being months or years away). For example, they have said they will be running a trial for shortened home quarantine for vaccinated Aussies. If they were serious about it, when the hell is it starting? What's the scope? Are those arriving in our outside of the caps in place? What's the definition of success? Who qualifies? Not a single one of these was answered - including the main one of when it begins.

All they did today was cut the cap by half for a very, very long period of time. Everything else was empty talk.
lokijuh, A1pax, LETTERBOY and 3 others like this.
Old Jul 2, 2021, 6:53 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Ugh. This is getting ridiculous. ANOTHER kneejerk over-reaction. Get the vaccines done and open up. Shouldn't be so complicated for such a small population. I just wanna go home.
JNelson113, LETTERBOY, HB7 and 1 others like this.
Old Jul 2, 2021, 6:59 am
DC9

Programs: QF Platinum, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by klymen
Government is extending subsidies to placate the airlines and keep freight moving. Freight includes Pfizer vaccines which I believe are coming from Singapore on SQ (can't find the source for this) ...
I heard that the next Pfizer is to be delivered on Santa’s sleigh.
A1pax, HB7 and klymen like this.
Old Jul 2, 2021, 8:08 am

Originally Posted by kirkwoodj
Ugh. This is getting ridiculous. ANOTHER kneejerk over-reaction. Get the vaccines done and open up. Shouldn't be so complicated for such a small population. I just wanna go home.
I thought you were talking about Hong Kong, and I was about to deliver a lecture about after one year of protests and one year of National Security Law, we're not about to force people to vaccinate against their will.

I'm not ready to throw out the baby with the bathwater, be that for HK (where I'm at) or Aus (my other home).

Last edited by percysmith; Jul 3, 2021 at 11:08 pm
Old Jul 3, 2021, 9:11 pm

Programs: VA Silver, QF FF, Priority Club
At the risk of politicising this thread, it’s like our Federal Government has carried over this “Stop the Boats” policy to “Stop the Planes”.
A1pax and LETTERBOY like this.
Old Jul 3, 2021, 10:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JClasstraveller
At the risk of politicising this thread, it’s like our Federal Government has carried over this “Stop the Boats” policy to “Stop the Planes”.
It is the states (other than NSW who wanted no change) who have stopped the planes. Fed's are increasing repatriation flights
Yet to be seen if VIC are reducing the 210 & SA reducing the 300 student arrivals (outside of the arrival caps)
nancypants likes this.

Last edited by Mwenenzi; Jul 3, 2021 at 10:28 pm Reason: spelling

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.