Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > New York City
Reload this Page >

Italian Restaurants in Manhattan (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Italian Restaurants in Manhattan (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27, 2011, 8:26 am

Programs: Non-Affiliated
Originally Posted by sbm12
Take the 2/3 train to 14th Street and walk up to Le Zie. Sit in the bar on the side.

Walk over to 23rd & 8th when you're done and take the E to JFK.

I'm not a shill; I just really enjoy it there.
Thanks! I'll try it out.
Old Dec 14, 2011, 5:20 pm

Italian with quaint ambiance

We had a wonderfull meal at the Trattoria Pesce Pasta on Bleecker St, NY, NY, ie the West Village. The fish and the pasta were perfect... And the service is fast and curteous. We will return !
If you enjoy a small, quaint place for dinner this is it...
^
Old Dec 14, 2011, 6:24 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Moving this thread to the NYC Forum.
Obscure2k
TravelBuzz Moderator
Old Dec 16, 2011, 12:23 pm
Moderator: New York City and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, Natl EC
...and now we've merged it into our main thread on Manhattan Italian Restaurants - thanks for posting, biztraveler2007!

/Moderator
Old Dec 29, 2011, 1:56 pm

Programs: Delta, American, United
Thumbs up NYC Restaurants

On a recent trip to NYC we went to Ottos, Mario Bertelli's Italian restaurant. It was a delightful experience, one which I hope to repeat often. The place was packed so we waited in the bar area in front. There was a coat check provided free of charge, nice to have since winter coats take up so much room.

We were quickly seated at a small table in the back. I do mean small. Just room enough for the three of us. We made friends with our neighbors. Easy to do since their table was hands reach next to ours. When they left we had another set of friendly neighbors who talked with us also. We recommended our selections to them since we were very happy with the food choices we had made.

We ate off the appetizer menu, each of us getting a different selection and sharing. Wonderful Italian food, tasty, with a good variety to choose from.
Old Jan 6, 2012, 10:46 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT, SPG Gold
Hey guys, I have some family staying near 50th and Madison this weekend and they asked me for a recommendation for a casual Italian restaurant. I've seen a lot of positive things posted here on Le Zie but noticed there seem to be a decent number of dissatisfied customers in recent months. Would you still suggest sending them there, or is there somewhere else not too far from their hotel that would be a better bet? Thanks.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/le-zie-new-york
Old Jan 7, 2012, 7:19 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by broadwayblue
Hey guys, I have some family staying near 50th and Madison this weekend and they asked me for a recommendation for a casual Italian restaurant. I've seen a lot of positive things posted here on Le Zie but noticed there seem to be a decent number of dissatisfied customers in recent months. Would you still suggest sending them there, or is there somewhere else not too far from their hotel that would be a better bet? Thanks.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/le-zie-new-york
People here in FT like Le Zie. I was unimpressed with both the food and the service. I love Pomodoro Rosso. http://nymag.com/listings/restaurant/pomodoro-rosso/ It's on Columbus b/w 70th and 71st.
Old Jan 18, 2012, 3:24 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
I've just been to Casa Lever, in the Lever Building on Park and 53rd... What a restaurant..

The interiors are beautiful, top notch service and a great authentic northern italian menu.
Not a fancy one, just simple top quality italian food.

One big problem though... Expensive and expensive...
Old Jan 18, 2012, 6:31 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by ale.penazzi
I've just been to Casa Lever, in the Lever Building on Park and 53rd... What a restaurant..

The interiors are beautiful, top notch service and a great authentic northern italian menu.
Not a fancy one, just simple top quality italian food.

One big problem though... Expensive and expensive...
You were paying mostly to eat at the Lever building. You weren't paying for the ingredients.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.