Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > New England
Reload this Page >

Priority Pass lounges at Boston Logan International Airport (BOS)

Priority Pass lounges at Boston Logan International Airport (BOS)

    Hide Wikipost
Old Sep 28, 17, 1:41 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
 
Last edit by: Adam1222
Wiki Link
Priority Pass lounges at BOS

https://www.prioritypass.com/en/Loun...-MA-Logan-Intl

Terminal C
The Lounge

Open:
06:00 - 23:00 daily.
Location:
Airside - 1st Floor, Concourse Level across from Gate C19. The lounge is not accessible from Gates 40 - 42.


Terminal E
Air France Lounge

Open:
13:00 - 23:30 daily.
Location:
Airside - after Security, turn right towards Gate 4. Take the dedicated lounge elevator or stairs to where the lounge is located.


Terminal E
The Club
No image available yet.
Open:
05:30 - 01:00(am) daily.
Location:
Airside - after Security, turn left towards Gate 11. Take the dedicated lounges elevator downstairs. The lounge is located next to what used to be the Lufthansa lounge, past the Virgin lounge
Print Wikipost

Old Sep 28, 17, 9:37 am
  #31  
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Washington, DC
Programs: DL SM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott/SPG Plat; Radisson Gold; Hyatt Discoverist
Posts: 4,469
Originally Posted by hi55us View Post
I'll be in the AF lounge today and will let you know. I've never been turned away even when it's super-packed. I haven't had a chance to check out the terminal E club yet but will check it out today, the AF lounge is not bad at all, especially since they have self-serve alcohol.
I was at the AF lounge a few weeks ago and found it superpacked and abysmal.
The Terminal E The Club was tiny with barely any food or drink on offer. Alcohol on request, no on site bathroom. Wasn't crowded though. The new space says opening Fall 2017, but given that there wasn't even drywall up on the frames, I am doubtful.
Adam1222 is offline  
Old Oct 1, 17, 8:51 pm
  #32  
Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: BOS
Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plat
Posts: 9,823
Originally Posted by Graciecatt View Post
We are flying out of Terminal E next Friday evening and plan to be at the airport fairly early.

Does the AF lounge still get super crowded and turn people away during the day? Would The Club be a better choice?

AF also says they have a maximum 3-hour stay. Is that enforced?
No, can't imagine that they enforce the 3-hour rule. After you check-in, you'll never have to interact with the front-desk person again. Staff come around to clean-up tables and set out new food/drink, but they're not keeping track of who's in the lounge.


Originally Posted by hi55us View Post
I'll be in the AF lounge today and will let you know. I've never been turned away even when it's super-packed. I haven't had a chance to check out the terminal E club yet but will check it out today, the AF lounge is not bad at all, especially since they have self-serve alcohol.
Ditt - I've never been turned away ever, even when the lounge was pretty much at capacity in the afternoon around the Beijing/Shanghai flights.

Originally Posted by Adam1222 View Post
I was at the AF lounge a few weeks ago and found it superpacked and abysmal.
The Terminal E The Club was tiny with barely any food or drink on offer. Alcohol on request, no on site bathroom. Wasn't crowded though. The new space says opening Fall 2017, but given that there wasn't even drywall up on the frames, I am doubtful.
Agreed on all counts. I visited The Club once. And don't plan on going back, other than if I needed a quiet(er) place to take a nap.
JY1024 is offline  
Old Oct 2, 17, 5:57 am
  #33  
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Box Three Five Oh, Boston Mass, Oh two one three four
Programs: Loyal Order of Water Buffalos
Posts: 2,771
Originally Posted by hi55us View Post
I'll be in the AF lounge today and will let you know. I've never been turned away even when it's super-packed. I haven't had a chance to check out the terminal E club yet but will check it out today, the AF lounge is not bad at all, especially since they have self-serve alcohol.
And . . . ?
Out of my Element is offline  
Old Oct 6, 17, 1:43 pm
  #34  
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Boston, MA
Programs: Marriott Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold
Posts: 259
I am sitting in The Club by Gate 11 Terminal E and itís awful. The basement vibe coming down the hall made me wonder if security would question me being in part of the airport I shouldnít be. There are no plugs anywhere near the main seating area and a few along the wall. They canít even get the Red Sox game on the tv for the playoffs.
Graciecatt is offline  
Old Oct 6, 17, 1:55 pm
  #35  
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 586
Originally Posted by Graciecatt View Post
I am sitting in The Club by Gate 11 Terminal E and it’s awful. The basement vibe coming down the hall made me wonder if security would question me being in part of the airport I shouldn’t be. There are no plugs anywhere near the main seating area and a few along the wall. They can’t even get the Red Sox game on the tv for the playoffs.
Does it look like it has been refurbished yet? There was word that they were going to refurbish the area, and install showers into the lounge (no idea where, though I had thought that perhaps the old BA lounge was going to be used for "The Club" and that the current space was only temporary).

I was going to pop by a little later tonight to see if much had changed as I've got a flight later but I don't think I'll bother! If entering on a Priority Pass, then you've got the Air France Lounge at the other end of Terminal E. I don't find the Air France Lounge to be too bad - and tends to be quite happy for you to change television channels: the front desk have given me the remote control to change the channels on more than one occasion in the past couple of years! I was tempted to leave the television on some naughty channels before but decided that I might not be allowed back in again!
Simon Schus is offline  
Old Oct 6, 17, 2:16 pm
  #36  
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Washington, DC
Programs: DL SM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott/SPG Plat; Radisson Gold; Hyatt Discoverist
Posts: 4,469
Originally Posted by Simon Schus View Post
Does it look like it has been refurbished yet? There was word that they were going to refurbish the area, and install showers into the lounge (no idea where, though I had thought that perhaps the old BA lounge was going to be used for "The Club" and that the current space was only temporary).

I was going to pop by a little later tonight to see if much had changed as I've got a flight later but I don't think I'll bother! If entering on a Priority Pass, then you've got the Air France Lounge at the other end of Terminal E. I don't find the Air France Lounge to be too bad - and tends to be quite happy for you to change television channels: the front desk have given me the remote control to change the channels on more than one occasion in the past couple of years! I was tempted to leave the television on some naughty channels before but decided that I might not be allowed back in again!
They are not "refurbishing" the current space, But rather expanding into the former Lufthansa lounge next door. As noted above, about a month ago that space was bare except for steel beams so I imagine that has not occurred yet.
Adam1222 is offline  
Old Oct 9, 17, 8:23 am
  #37  
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: BOS/PSC - bicoastal at the moment
Programs: Hilton Diamond/IHG Platinum/DL Plutononium
Posts: 1,358
Originally Posted by Out of my Element View Post
And . . . ?
The AF lounge was surprisingly empty, they are expanding it and had a great food selection including (oddly) Pasta and Meatballs as well as delicious sushi. They also have one of those nice tower chargers where you can leave your phone to charge. Wish more lounges had towers like this, lots of places (bars/restaurants) charge $2-$5 to use them.
hi55us is online now  
Old Oct 11, 17, 8:51 pm
  #38  
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: ORD
Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
Posts: 9,788
BOS Better Lounge ?

Flying in on AA F,terminal B, connecting with QR J in terminal E.
Have to kill few hours. Which lounges are better?

Thanks.
HMPS is offline  
Old Oct 11, 17, 10:10 pm
  #39  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: NYC/BOS/MSY/AUH
Programs: AA EXP, 5MM; BA GLD
Posts: 15,440
Originally Posted by HMPS View Post
Flying in on AA F,terminal B, connecting with QR J in terminal E.
Have to kill few hours. Which lounges are better?

Thanks.
QR uses the AF lounge, which is not particularly good. You should be able to access the BA lounge as well, though it can get crowded before their 7:20pm flight departs. And you can use the AA lounges before exiting Terminal B.

I say head right over to Terminal E and check out the BA lounge. If it's too crowded, go to the AF lounge, and if you feel like it return to the BA lounge after their 7:20pm flight boards.
hi55us likes this.
Blumie is offline  
Old Oct 14, 17, 9:32 pm
  #40  
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: ORD
Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
Posts: 9,788
Originally Posted by Blumie View Post
QR uses the AF lounge, which is not particularly good. You should be able to access the BA lounge as well, though it can get crowded before their 7:20pm flight departs. And you can use the AA lounges before exiting Terminal B.

I say head right over to Terminal E and check out the BA lounge. If it's too crowded, go to the AF lounge, and if you feel like it return to the BA lounge after their 7:20pm flight boards.
Thanks.
Some BA Lounge Dragons are tough ! Can you tell me: Holding QR BP will allow me to use BA ? Just want to be prepared ! ( Yeah AF lounge in ORD T 5 is terrible) ANd I have a five hour layover , did this to specially fly the A350 and then they switched to 787.....glad it is not 777 which flies out of ORD.
HMPS is offline  
Old Oct 14, 17, 9:49 pm
  #41  
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Washington, DC
Programs: DL SM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott/SPG Plat; Radisson Gold; Hyatt Discoverist
Posts: 4,469
Originally Posted by HMPS View Post
Thanks.
Some BA Lounge Dragons are tough ! Can you tell me: Holding QR BP will allow me to use BA ? Just want to be prepared ! ( Yeah AF lounge in ORD T 5 is terrible) ANd I have a five hour layover , did this to specially fly the A350 and then they switched to 787.....glad it is not 777 which flies out of ORD.
This thread is about Priority Pass lounges. For better information about the non-PP British Airways lounge in Boston, you will likely get better information in the British Airways forum. You can also peruse the Oneworld lounge access rules.
kind regards.
Adam1222 is offline  
Old Oct 21, 17, 8:20 am
  #42  
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Washington, DC
Programs: DL SM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott/SPG Plat; Radisson Gold; Hyatt Discoverist
Posts: 4,469
I've drafted a blog post about my experience at The Club, Air France Lounge, and BA Lounge, all at Terminal E with some pics. Note, this was before the expansion of The Club which appears to have opened in the past few days http://www.youwentwhere.com/?p=6877

This is a fuller discussion of my 2 above posts on this topic, which explained in detail that the Air France lounge was very crowded and the food underwhelming, and the Club was small and still under construction. The BA lounge was nice, although it is not a Priority Pass lounge. I was able to post pictures there more easily than on the clunky flyertalk platform.

As I said above "I was at the AF lounge a few weeks ago and found it superpacked and abysmal.
The Terminal E The Club was tiny with barely any food or drink on offer. Alcohol on request, no on site bathroom. Wasn't crowded though. The new space says opening Fall 2017, but given that there wasn't even drywall up on the frames, I am doubtful."


My blog is not a commercial entity and I have made a total gross of $0 over 7 years.

Last edited by Adam1222; Oct 24, 17 at 4:29 am Reason: Typo
Adam1222 is offline  
Old Oct 21, 17, 9:17 am
  #43  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: NYC/BOS/MSY/AUH
Programs: AA EXP, 5MM; BA GLD
Posts: 15,440
Originally Posted by Adam1222 View Post
I've drafted a blog post about my experience at The Club, Air France Lounge, and BA Lounge, all at Terminal 3 with some pics. Note, this was before the expansion of The Club which appears to have opened in the past few days http://www.youwentwhere.com/?p=6877
Typo in your post: you mean Terminal E, not Terminal 3.
Blumie is offline  
Old Oct 22, 17, 7:50 pm
  #44  
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: ORD
Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
Posts: 9,788
Originally Posted by Adam1222 View Post
I've drafted a blog post about my experience at The Club, Air France Lounge, and BA Lounge, all at Terminal E with some pics. Note, this was before the expansion of The Club which appears to have opened in the past few days http://www.youwentwhere.com/?p=6877
Thank you for the reviews and the verdict. Nice blog too.
HMPS is offline  
Old Jan 14, 18, 10:06 am
  #45  
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: NYC
Programs: UA Global Services, TSA Pre✓, Starbucks Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold
Posts: 845
Reply

I am flying United out of Logan next month. What's the best lounge to use as United is at the B gates? Is it easy to get from B to C or E?
BA_Jfan is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread