Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > New England
Reload this Page >

Priority Pass lounges at Boston Logan International Airport (BOS)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 12, 2016, 8:32 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Adam1222
Priority Pass lounges at BOS

https://www.prioritypass.com/en/Loun...-MA-Logan-Intl

Terminal C
The Lounge

Open:
06:00 - 23:00 daily.
Airside - 1st Floor, Concourse Level across from Gate C19. The lounge is not accessible from Gates 40 - 42.

Terminal E
Air France Lounge

Open:
13:00 - 23:30 daily.
Airside - after Security, turn right towards Gate 4. Take the dedicated lounge elevator or stairs to where the lounge is located.

Terminal E
The Club
No image available yet.
Open:
05:30 - 01:00(am) daily.
Airside - after Security, turn left towards Gate 11. Take the dedicated lounges elevator downstairs. The lounge is located next to what used to be the Lufthansa lounge, past the Virgin lounge
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2016, 8:29 am
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium

Now that there is more than one Priority Pass lounge at BOS, figured I'd start a thread and wiki for people to share opinions, logistics, preferences, etc.

Here's a thread on The Lounge in the JetBlue forum: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/jetbl...rity-pass.html
Here's a review of the Air France lounge from Aug 2015: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/25279855-post135.html

I haven't been in Terminal C in a while...but I think I heard that there's now an airside connector between C and E?

Last edited by JY1024; May 12, 2016 at 8:41 am
Old May 13, 2016, 8:27 am

Programs: AA PLT Pro 2MM, DL Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Ambassador + LT Plat, COFC Venture X, HHonors Diamond
[Moderator edit.]
The connector is not yet open to my knowledge. I was through about a week ago and to your right as you exit the airside there was a sign for gates C8-C10, and what appeared to be a sign to Terminal E that was covered up.

Last edited by Ocn Vw 1K; May 13, 2016 at 11:38 am Reason: To preserve member privacy per FT Rules.
Old May 15, 2016, 1:24 am

Location: SEA, or BOS, or MUC, or other places (probably connecting). "Detroit, Michigan is in the Eastern time zone."
Programs: DL PM/1MM, AS 100K, NEXUS/GE, CLEAR, Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by AAerSTL
The connector is not yet open to my knowledge. I was through about a week ago and to your right as you exit the airside there was a sign for gates C8-C10, and what appeared to be a sign to Terminal E that was covered up.
On another thread, one poster says that it "just opened this week" in a post dated May 11 (possibly just after your trip?). The Massport website's interactive maps show that end of E as "under construction" and that end of C as "to Terminal E". (Consistency? What's that?)

Were I traveling, I'd not count on it being open but be pleasantly surprised if it were.
Old May 16, 2016, 11:01 am

Programs: B6, Amtrak, DL, AA, Marriott, Hilton
It's sounding like the connector's only partially open, as far as the former E1C/D/E gates, now C8-10. I guess the further passage onward to the remaining E1 gates (as well as the rest of E) isn't quite done.
Old Jan 14, 2017, 6:00 pm

Just noticed a new Priority Pass lounge in Boston Terminal E, named 'The Club'. Given the similar name, this is presumably being run by the same company as 'The Lounge' in Terminal C? (EDIT: Yes, it is the same company and they also had some involvement in LHR Terminal 5's Aspire Lounge).

I haven't been myself but from the description of the directions, it looks like this lounge probably took the old Aer Lingus Gold Circle Club lounge (i.e. basically opposite BA's lounge, and next to Lufthansa's lounge).

It'd mean that there are now two Priority Pass lounges in Boston Terminal E Has anybody been to this new lounge? It looks like it only opened on Thursday. I'm looking forward to visiting next time I'm in Terminal E

One thought though... the Priority Pass link suggests that the lounge is open from 5.30am until 1am! I didn't realise that there were flights that left that late from Terminal E. I saw a flight to Tel Aviv was delayed recently (Christmas Day) until 1/2am but I didn't really see anything else around that time. Maybe later flights are planned for the summer season?

Anyway, I did a bit of searching and found a few news stories on it:
Airport Lounge Development Opens Second Lounge At Boston Logan International Airport
Loungebuddy website - not much there yet but presumably it'll get more comprehensive over time
The Club company website - has a few tiny photographs
LoungeClub website - has a few photos which the Priority Pass website doesn't have

Interestingly, the first link in the above list indicates that:

In summer 2017, ALD's The Club in Terminal E will complete a second phase of renovations. Phase II will bring a fully transformed 3,506 square feet of space with seating for 67 guests. New restrooms and shower facilities will allow guests to refresh after a long flight.
... come Summer 2017, finally some showers in Terminal E!!! (I think none of the existing lounges in Terminal E have them, though not entirely sure why they're using the 'after a long flight' wording unless they're expecting some business from the C->E connector.

I'm a fan of the Air France lounge, Virgin's lounge and BA's lounge in BOS Terminal E. They're small but they do the job. It'll be nice to have something new to visit Plus I've a fair few friends coming over to Boston from the UK this summer and I want to see which of the two Priority Pass lounges they should use!

Last edited by Simon Schus; Jan 14, 2017 at 6:35 pm
Old Jan 15, 2017, 11:36 am
Original Poster

Thanks for updating the wiki! ^

Originally Posted by Simon Schus

One thought though... the Priority Pass link suggests that the lounge is open from 5.30am until 1am! I didn't realise that there were flights that left that late from Terminal E. I saw a flight to Tel Aviv was delayed recently (Christmas Day) until 1/2am but I didn't really see anything else around that time. Maybe later flights are planned for the summer season?
The only flight I know of is the HKG flight on Cathay that's scheduled at 1:30am a few days of the week.

Edit to add: Looking at the ALD network, I think I've only been in The Club at DFW. I found it entirely underwhelming. Very cheap snacks, mediocre alcohol selection, decent seating.

Last edited by JY1024; Jan 15, 2017 at 11:46 am
Old Jan 18, 2017, 7:52 am

Programs: AA Million Miler, Mosaic, Delta Platinum
There's a pretty extended discussion here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/jetbl...rity-pass.html
Old Jan 18, 2017, 8:01 am

Originally Posted by Yahtzee
There's a pretty extended discussion here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/jetbl...rity-pass.html

Thanks for the link: useful for the Terminal C Priority pass lounge named "The Lounge".

For clarity and to put this all in context: my post, the reply and the wiki update was for the new Priority Pass lounge "The Club" in Terminal E.
Old Jan 22, 2017, 9:17 am

Programs: AA LT Gold, UA Gold, Hyatt Plat, HHonors Gold, Priority Club Gold, Marriott Silver
Is it possible to access terminal C with a boarding pass for a flight departing out of terminal B (United)? I believe the only airside connection is between terminals C and E, so trying to figure out if I can visit one of the Priority Pass lounges since I'll be arriving at the airport several hours before my United departure.
Old Jan 22, 2017, 9:26 am

Programs: AA, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by aba030
Is it possible to access terminal C with a boarding pass for a flight departing out of terminal B (United)? I believe the only airside connection is between terminals C and E, so trying to figure out if I can visit one of the Priority Pass lounges since I'll be arriving at the airport several hours before my United departure.
I was told that it was when I passed through on AA but I didn't try when I got to Terminal C security and realised how far it still was to the lounge.
Old Jan 22, 2017, 11:21 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by aba030
You shouldn't have a problem. As long as you have a valid boarding pass, you can get through any TSA checkpoint.
Old Jan 23, 2017, 7:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
Originally Posted by JY1024
You shouldn't have a problem. As long as you have a valid boarding pass, you can get through any TSA checkpoint.
And if they tell you that you're at the wrong terminal, just tell them that you're going to the lounge. If a contract employee (the folks who work for the airlines or the airport checking boarding passes as you approach the security lines), as opposed to a TSA employee, tries to turn you away, you may need to be a little insistent.
Old May 15, 2017, 7:40 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond/IHG Platinum/DL Plutononium
What's the opinion on "The Club" in Terminal E vs. "The Lounge" in Terminal C. Have a Jet Blue flight coming up in a few weeks out of C and planning on having a few hours to check out the lounges.
Old May 18, 2017, 1:05 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by hi55us
What's the opinion on "The Club" in Terminal E vs. "The Lounge" in Terminal C. Have a Jet Blue flight coming up in a few weeks out of C and planning on having a few hours to check out the lounges.
Pretty much identical in food, alcohol. The E club is a bit more "intimate," has no windows, and if I recall, the restrooms are outside of the lounge. Also seemed to have fewer food items than the C Club. The one in C is brighter and has a slightly larger food area. (It was also much easier to get an adult beverage at the bar from a staff member in C. In E, there is often just the staff at the front desk working.)
Old May 18, 2017, 9:21 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond/IHG Platinum/DL Plutononium
Originally Posted by JY1024
Pretty much identical in food, alcohol. The E club is a bit more "intimate," has no windows, and if I recall, the restrooms are outside of the lounge. Also seemed to have fewer food items than the C Club. The one in C is brighter and has a slightly larger food area. (It was also much easier to get an adult beverage at the bar from a staff member in C. In E, there is often just the staff at the front desk working.)
Thanks. Any reviews on the AF Lounge in E? Do they limit guests at certain hours? Planning on being there this evening around 6 with one guest.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.