Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at SEA

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2017, 2:30 am

Programs: Exec Club - Gold Member - yeah baby, Emerald Aisle Executive Elite - Woo, Marriott Silver Executive
Originally Posted by jr611
wondering why there are so many pickup trucks here? are they actually a popular choice?
I LOVE renting a new F150 - they drive really well.
Old Sep 28, 2017, 12:04 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by jr611
wondering why there are so many pickup trucks here? are they actually a popular choice?
People there are a little more outdoorsy? Not sure why, but it saved me hundreds of dollars when I was able to pull an almost new F150 off the aisle with the midsize rate using free day coupons to do our move from Seattle to LA last spring vs reserving one in advance and paying full price for it.
Old Oct 25, 2017, 4:33 pm

Programs: Globalist, Marriott Plat, various sundry
I'm going to be renting from here around Thanksgiving (arrival in the morning). Due to a strange pricing quirk, midsize SUV and small pickup truck were cheaper than fullsize, which was cheaper than luxury, which was cheaper than midsize. I ended up going with the midsize SUV.

a) Can I use (or request to use) EA/ES in this case? I am ES, not EE.
b) Are there usually good trims in the midsize SUVs here? I've had a couple Cherokee Limiteds in the past, and since I'm looking at several hours of driving a day, I'd like something that is comfortable.
c) How receptive is the staff toward car requests?
Old Oct 25, 2017, 7:29 pm

Programs: UA GS, BA Gold, Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, IHG Gold, National Exec Elite, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by gmax58
I'm going to be renting from here around Thanksgiving (arrival in the morning). Due to a strange pricing quirk, midsize SUV and small pickup truck were cheaper than fullsize, which was cheaper than luxury, which was cheaper than midsize. I ended up going with the midsize SUV.

a) Can I use (or request to use) EA/ES in this case? I am ES, not EE.
b) Are there usually good trims in the midsize SUVs here? I've had a couple Cherokee Limiteds in the past, and since I'm looking at several hours of driving a day, I'd like something that is comfortable.
c) How receptive is the staff toward car requests?
a) Yes, with an SUV reservation, you can also choose from the aisles.
b) Sometimes, it depends. I've received nice Rav4s and Limited Explorers.
c) The staff is really nice in SEA and have been accomodating when I have asked. Ask nicely.
Old Oct 31, 2017, 4:30 pm

Friday at 2 p.m.:
ES lot is full but not really exciting, mostly base trims:
2 x Impala Lt
2 x Charger SXT
1 x Fusion hybrid titanium (got for test because it has Android auto)
2 x Cherokee limited
Base Altima/Camry/Fusion/Sonata/Malibu/etc
Base Rogue/Santa fe sport/Escape/etc
Old Oct 31, 2017, 7:08 pm

Programs: B6/Mosaic/AF/VX/AS Gold Hertz PC HH Dia. AMEX Plat SPG/Marr Gold Nat. EE FPC Plat
Originally Posted by flyerbjorn
a) Yes, with an SUV reservation, you can also choose from the aisles.
b) Sometimes, it depends. I've received nice Rav4s and Limited Explorers.
c) The staff is really nice in SEA and have been accomodating when I have asked. Ask nicely.
Until I moved there, I was a very frequent renter here and confirm all of the above. In particular, asking if a specific car was available the staff there was always met with a sincere effort to accommodate me.
Old Jan 12, 2018, 3:11 am

Programs: DL DM/1MM, Natl Exec Elite, Bonvoy Plat, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diam
Any current reports from SEA? I'm local but picking up some ski friends for a Mt Baker trip and reserved a Premium SUV (which it describes as Chevy Suburban or similar) -- which I know might not be helpful to the crowd, but at least would be good to know what anyone has seen on the lot for EA/EE (I have EE through AX Plat). Would be nice to pick up a Navigator XL (or whatever the Navigator extended is these days) or what not, but not even sure what the inventory is offering these days.
Old Feb 10, 2018, 5:49 am

Any recent experiances with the Executive aisle ? Is there a chance that i can find a Standard SUV at the isle?
The price difference is quite big comapre to a Standard SUV reservation.
What if I can not find an SUV in the aisle, would a friendly conversation with the greeter help me out?
Old Apr 3, 2018, 1:48 am

I would also be interested to know what you found with EA / ES in SEA.
Old May 24, 2018, 2:50 am

Anybody been to Seatac lately?
Old Jun 15, 2018, 10:36 pm

Flying into SEA next month. Any recent ES reports? TIA.
Old Jun 29, 2018, 8:06 am

Arrived around 7 pm a couple days ago. The aisles were slim picking as expected late in the day for EA and EE with many returns waiting to be cleaned up - seemed to be a large variety. Saw in EA a couple small crossovers and a couple smaller crew cab pickup trucks along with a few standard midsize cars. Had 5 pieces of luggage, 4 people and needed something bigger. Walked over to an attendant and inquired as there was nothing bigger in EA and he simply pointed to a 4Runner in EE and asked if that wasn’t big enough. Done.
Old Jul 8, 2018, 8:10 pm

Picked up 7/8 noon, lot has a lot of cars.
ES:
regular sedans like altima, maxima, etc.
F150,
CX-5,
some other mid-size SUVs
3 Dodge caravans

EA:
small to full size sedans, a couple of Nissan trucks, didn't see any SUV

Premium Upgrade:
BMW X3, Audi Q5, Range Rover, asked about it since it didn't have a price tag but was denied and a tag was put in the car immediately...
Old Jul 9, 2018, 10:50 pm

Picked up 07/09 AM. ES full of Altima-sized sedans, lots of Nissan Rogues, a smattering of F-150s and CX-5s, a lone 300 and Equinox, and a couple of Caravans (one of which I took with <500 miles...still pretty meh, though).

EC has the typical Corolla-sized sedans. Not much else that I noticed.

Very busy so lots of cars and people moving around.
Old Jul 31, 2018, 1:18 am

Returned my rental on 28-07 around 2PM. It was very busy and the aisles were empty and nothing interesting but it was better then when I picked up my car; there was almost nothing standing on the aisles but I managed to get a explorer limited with 60 miles on it after talking with the greeter (07-07 @ 5PM).

ES:

Chevy malibu
Chevy impala
Toyota Camry
Nissan Maxima
Nissan Altima
Hyundai Tucson
Ford Fusion
Ford F150

a bunch of Nissan pickup trucks

Premier selection:

Escalade
Q3
XT5

VIP select:

2x Infinity qx60
XTS

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.