Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt > Mr. and Mrs. Smith
Reload this Page >

Mr & Mrs Smith Integration (active as of 24 Apr 2024)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mr & Mrs Smith Integration (active as of 24 Apr 2024)

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2024, 5:01 pm

Programs: BA Gold, QF Platinum, SQ Silver
Originally Posted by Mikechan
** one last question.. has anyone been able to book a MMS via Hyatt.com ???
Oh, my disaster booking in Bali had been done through Hyatt, on the app. But the property than later claimed it had been made directly through Mr. & Mr. Smith.

Despite my numerous attempts to get this rectified by my Hyatt concierge, they just never even acknowledged it. So Im 99% that Ill be chasing my points and nights post stay.
Mikechan likes this.
Old May 23, 2024, 6:21 am

DP

I booked a cancellable rate at a MMS in Italy. A week away from check-in (and well within the cancellation period) prices had changed and I wanted to lock in a lower nightly rate. Alas, I was told that MMS reservations booked through Hyatt website could not be changed. I tried 3 different agents on the Globalist line, including a bump up to supervisor. Lots of hold time and hand wringing and apologies. They even read me the language.

Yes, of course I could have cancelled everything but then I'm hoping that the same inventory shows up which, given integration so far.... Let's just say I didn't want to chance it.

It would be great if they would include language in the rate details which says No Changes Permitted.
Old May 23, 2024, 8:30 am

Programs: Hilton Honors, Marriott Bonvoy, Accor, Hyatt, (Former IHG Ambassador)
Does anyone remember if there were this many problems when small luxury hotels were added to the Hyatt portfolio ?

On a separate note, I have noticed that small luxury hotels is NOT live, or even present on the Hilton Honors website yet.
Old May 23, 2024, 9:09 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by gregorio1
I booked a cancellable rate at a MMS in Italy.
Let's just say I didn't want to chance it.
Sorry I am not sure I am following. What was the risk you would have taken? Book the cheaper rate and once this reservation is confirmed, then cancel the previous one which had the higher rate. Or if the new reservation does not go through (for whatever reason) then keep the old one. Perhaps there is something I am missing to what options you were facing at the time.
joachimm and PG.backpacker like this.
Old May 23, 2024, 10:34 am

Programs: Alaska MVP 75, KrisFlyer Elite Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by est-gratuite
A telephone agent should have given you a confirmation number instantly over the phone as soon as they said the booking was completed by them, regardless of whether you get an email later on or not.
Both agents assured me that the booking was complete. Even wished me a Happy Anniversary since I told them to note it on my reservation.

A little update, I got an email back from a Hyatt rep a few days later saying they still don't have a response from the MMS team. I call Hyatt again and the agent told me that they can't contact the hotel directly since it is a MMS property.

I forgot to mention that this property only has prepaid and non refundable rates. So now I have made two bookings over the phone that are non refundable without any confirmation or pending charges. This property only has 4 rooms and 2 in the category that I want.

I can sense that the agents basically are saying im SOL. They are very understanding and apologetic but that doesn't solve my problem. Shortly after I froze my credit card that and booked directly with MMS with no issues and instant conformation.

Let's see how long it takes Hyatt to get back to me.
Old May 23, 2024, 11:04 am

Programs: Hilton Honors, Marriott Bonvoy, Accor, Hyatt, (Former IHG Ambassador)
Originally Posted by Mikechan
Both agents assured me that the booking was complete.
Next time ask for a confirmation number from the agent as son as they say that.

My advice to you now is to call the hotel directly and ask how many reservations they have under your name.
Old May 23, 2024, 6:54 pm

Programs: None - previously UA
Is there some exclusion zone around Hyatt properties? Looking at a few European cities which have Hyatt and MMS properties but none of the MMS properties show up on Hyatt. Or can we expect further integration soon?
Old May 30, 2024, 6:57 am
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

Is there a simple way to get Hyatt.com to omit Mr & Mrs Smith Hotels? I have no interest in staying there, so I don't want to see them displayed when I'm searching. The only option I've found so far is to select "filters" and check all other brands, while leaving Mr&Mrs Smith unchecked. This is pretty cumbersome, and annoyingly the filter resets after a couple searches.
est-gratuite likes this.
Old May 30, 2024, 8:37 am

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Hilton HHonors Diamond
Can't say I've seen any value in this partnership yet where I did sometimes with SLH.

Datapoint: The Vintage- Lisbon Portugal.

90 Euros cheaper to book direct and it comes with free breakfast, early check in, and a free transfer from the airport to the hotel. Yeah...I'll forgo the ~3,000 Hyatt points
est-gratuite and ffgap like this.
Old May 30, 2024, 9:13 am

Originally Posted by airb330
Datapoint: The Vintage- Lisbon Portugal.
90 Euros cheaper to book direct and it comes with free breakfast, early check in, and a free transfer from the airport to the hotel. Yeah...I'll forgo the ~3,000 Hyatt points
Which dates? I checked some dates and could not find price differences except for city tax which would most likely be payable even if we book direct so I did not see price differences. Breakfast is not mentioned on Hyatt's website as it simply says "special offer" but I would not be surprised if it was included and is simply sloppy labeling on Hyatt's website. Of course I could be wrong as this is only a guess on my part rather than me having any knowledge of this hotel in particular.

See example below where rates are the same. I would be curious to see other dates where you found that the price differs; can you please share screen shot?

Old May 30, 2024, 5:20 pm

Do you not believe me ? 😂 Happy to provide a data point for the forum.

Agreed, its vague about breakfast on hyatts website. Stay easy 20% doesnt say a whole lot. I wouldnt gamble 750 on it though.

For simplicity sake I chose the absolute cheapest rate for this room on both websites. Its clear the hotel website is cheaper, definitely includes breakfast, as well as a transfer
Old May 30, 2024, 6:40 pm

Programs: Ex-Bonvoyed, Hyatt, Hilton, BR, AC, AA

This one is interesting. Something is happening on the backend since escape4 posted his reply, since the rate now shows as "Stay Easy" on Hyatt's booking platform as well, so the benefits should be exactly the same as booking direct. However, the hotel is clearly trying to undercut Hyatt by offering another 10% off code if booking direct with the hotel. This is very likely the exception rather than the norm.
Old May 30, 2024, 9:23 pm

Originally Posted by Dave510

This one is interesting. Something is happening on the backend since escape4 posted his reply, since the rate now shows as "Stay Easy" on Hyatt's booking platform as well, so the benefits should be exactly the same as booking direct. However, the hotel is clearly trying to undercut Hyatt by offering another 10% off code if booking direct with the hotel. This is very likely the exception rather than the norm.
Its cheaper with and without the 10% code though. The code didnt ever work for me. Clearly you got it to 623, even more savings from Hyatts 750 whereas I got it to 669.
Old May 30, 2024, 9:41 pm

Originally Posted by airb330
Do you not believe me ? 😂 Happy to provide a data point for the forum.
Well... maybe, maybe not There were some folks earlier in this thread who claimed the rate was higher on Hyatt's website and then we pressed for specifics they came back tail between their legs after they realized they had made a mistake. So I like to verify for more data points Unfortunately, as it turns out you are 100% correct, now I am a believer! LOL

I wish you had been wrong though, I don't like seeing these cases where Hyatt is indeed more expensive. Breakfast and other benefits are possibly the same because the name of the rate type is the same, but we can certainly not argue about the price. It's definitely cheaper booking direct
Old May 31, 2024, 5:32 am

Originally Posted by escape4
Well... maybe, maybe not There were some folks earlier in this thread who claimed the rate was higher on Hyatt's website and then we pressed for specifics they came back tail between their legs after they realized they had made a mistake. So I like to verify for more data points Unfortunately, as it turns out you are 100% correct, now I am a believer! LOL

I wish you had been wrong though, I don't like seeing these cases where Hyatt is indeed more expensive. Breakfast and other benefits are possibly the same because the name of the rate type is the same, but we can certainly not argue about the price. It's definitely cheaper booking direct
Its ok. I was happy to provide. Just saying that in jest.

if anyone can else besides Dave510 can manage to stack that coupon thoughI would pay 620 now. 😂 I think I locked in at 780 but dont need to pay until September. Still 100 cheaper than where I was previously booked at Corpo something. Which is #1 but Ill take the vintages pool and free breakfast for 100 cheaper.
escape4 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.