Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt > Mr. and Mrs. Smith
Reload this Page >

Mr & Mrs Smith Integration (active as of 24 Apr 2024)

Mr & Mrs Smith Integration (active as of 24 Apr 2024)

Old Apr 28, 2024, 12:25 pm

Programs: star alliance
MMS hotels "not available" to book

There seem to be some issues with the integration - I cannot find a single MMS property that is even available to book via $ or pts. Anyone know what's going on over at Hyatt? Total disaster. Yet they are still showing all the SLH properties even for dates after May 15.
Old Apr 28, 2024, 2:24 pm
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Qatar Airways, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
Picking up on the above as I’m struggling with the same issue, I called the Globalist line to ask if they knew of any outages or problems, and the agent said they weren’t informed of any issues before checking a few reservation options and telling me that I should book them on the MMS site directly. I told her that the point of the integration was to qualify for nights and points, and she said that wasn’t going to happen “since we don’t own Mr & Mrs Smith or their properties” and that Hyatt is really just a third-party booker for MMS properties… and that we wouldn’t get nights or points anyway. I politely pushed back that Hyatt bought the platform a year ago and again, the integration kicked off for qualifying account activity… and she said that’s not what they were told or trained for.

Maybe what’s going on at Hyatt is bigger than we can imagine if service-facing team members aren’t privy to current activities. I’m now seeing rates popping up at MMS properties during specific searches on the website/app by the way, but now clicking on a rate returns an apologetic error that there is no availability and to search different dates. Here’s hoping whatever fustercluck this is gets resolved soon… oy.

khabah
est-gratuite likes this.
Old Apr 28, 2024, 2:57 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
I contacted my concierge - they confirmed that Hyatt is currently experiencing integration issues with MMS hotels. They don't know when these issues will be resolved, however.
est-gratuite and Sydneyberlin like this.
Old Apr 28, 2024, 4:55 pm

Programs: BA Gold, QF Platinum, SQ Silver
Originally Posted by khabah
I told her that the point of the integration was to qualify for nights and points, and she said that wasn’t going to happen “since we don’t own Mr & Mrs Smith or their properties” and that Hyatt is really just a third-party booker for MMS properties… and that we wouldn’t get nights or points anyway. I politely pushed back that Hyatt bought the platform a year ago and again, the integration kicked off for qualifying account activity… and she said that’s not what they were told or trained for.
khabah
Ah, isn’t it always a joy when one waits on hold, only to then end up with one of those call centre clowns who have zero clue about nothing, so annoying.

Sounds like the MyHyatt concierge at least knows something is wrong- bit better though also not more helpful.
Old Apr 28, 2024, 5:32 pm

Glad I was not taken in by the MMS gift card promotion. I always hesitate until I know more of the parameters of a given deal, like which hotels are included and what prices they will command. Moreover, given that most Globalist benefits won't attach, it is quite doubtful that I will ever stays at one of these establishments.

Since I have a huge number of HHonors points and so does my wife, as well as annually receive uncapped Free Night Certificates due to Aspire card and 15K spend on Surpass card (I have cut out spending on my spouse's card as the Hilton free night is far more valuable than the capped Hyatt free night, with good Category 4 properties in the US fast diminishing) I can only hope and surmise that many of those SLH hotels that accept Hyatt points will accept Hilton points -- if so, I will be sitting pretty and given that Hilton elite benefits are to be respected -- Diamond breakfast and not resort fees on award stays, this will likely prove to be the better collection to spend points on.
Old Apr 28, 2024, 10:02 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by COLINDAD
Glad I was not taken in by the MMS gift card promotion. I always hesitate until I know more of the parameters of a given deal, like which hotels are included and what prices they will command.
FWIW, the current problems have nothing to do with the MMS gift card promotion. You can still book MMS hotels with such gift cards on the MMS website regardless of the problems on the Hyatt website. And we knew exactly what parameters were during the GC sale, such as which hotels were included because who is part of MMS has not changed. What was unclear back then, was which hotels would be available on Hyatt (and the prices) but since we cannot book on the Hyatt website with MMS gift cards then it's a non-issue.

The main criticism to make now, is that we cannot book MMS on Hyatt's website. I would like to have the choice of booking on Hyatt or MMS but right now I am limited to the latter.
Old Apr 29, 2024, 9:49 am

I would actually prefer the gift card promotion be made permanent as their form of "integration", compared with what we received (or are in the process of receiving). I have found value in multiple qualifying nights for individual nights costing more than $300, points earning on taxes, and unique offerings in locations where being top tier with Hyatt, Marriott, or Hilton would not have mattered. Further, I have found the MMS team courteous, competent, and rather willing to negotiate or explore a property beyond their obvious listings, e.g., I asked MMS to inquire about a room that appeared only to be available direct, and in a separate instance, sold out, and they came back with quotes within the margin of error for currency conversion. The use of MMS gift cards also allows for greater granularity and customizability in bookings as a family, i.e., more than two people. For as much as I enjoyed the SLH properties when I booked them, it was always a chore to address three or more people. It could be done, but required additional steps, something taken care of when using MMS. And by doing it at booking, the costs for the extra person, usually paid to the hotel on arrival, can be wrapped into points earning MMS gift cards.

I would still prefer nondynamic points redemption, breakfast, and more qualifying nights on sub $300 per night stays, but given the poor prospects of the current iteration, bring back the gift card promotion and open all of the MMS portfolio to travelers.
Old Apr 29, 2024, 5:05 pm

Programs: BA Gold, QF Platinum, SQ Silver
I just had my one first Mr. & Mrs. Smith property booked through Hyatt take 100% of the total stay as deposit while the conditions clearly state it is 50%.

Sent an email to my Hyatt concierge and hope they can sort it out for me, so far no response but that was overnight. As an aside, the double charges came through as “Hyatt Mr And Mrs Smi Richmond”.
Old Apr 29, 2024, 9:56 pm

i suspect once Hyatt deems the gift cards have largely been redeemed, Hyatt will add a field for WoH number on bookings at MMS and stay credits to WoH accounts will post normally.
Old Apr 30, 2024, 1:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by Colin
i suspect once Hyatt deems the gift cards have largely been redeemed, Hyatt will add a field for WoH number on bookings at MMS and stay credits to WoH accounts will post normally.
I think people on here have a one way view of this, ie getting WoH members to book at MMS.

Hyatt will only recoup its £53 million if it converts regular MMS customers to active WoH members across all its brands (MMS is good for the romantic short break market but offers little to its base outside that). I would expect generous offers to get Smith members to try WoH.
iahphx and ffgap like this.
Old Apr 30, 2024, 8:17 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by Colin
Interesting suggestion. A similar parallel would be Design Hotels, which Marriott now owns. We can book a hotel on DH website, contact the hotel to inform them of Bonvoy number, and it will attach including earning points and night credits. So it's not done on DH website but the end result is the same nonetheless.
Old Apr 30, 2024, 12:28 pm
Moderator: Hyatt, American Express; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Marriott Plat, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Topic Check

This thread is for discussing the integration, booking experiences, delivery of benefits or lack thereof, etc. It is not for relitigating the conditions of the gift card promo. (If you have data points on the usage of the gift cards, that would be on topic however.)

We'd also like to encourage everyone to review rule 12: https://www.flyertalk.com/help/rules#abusivedisruptive

Thanks,
the Hyatt mod team
Old Apr 30, 2024, 5:54 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Lufthansa: Senator || IHG: Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle || Plutonium Status
Hm,
Out of the 9 Mr&Mrs Smith hotels in the Netherlands,
https://www.mrandmrssmith.com/destin...tels?&limit=12

Only 1 is joining the Hyatt system
1x Zwolle
https://www.hyatt.com/mr-and-mrs-smi...amp=hpe_hy_com
https://www.pillowshotels.com/zwolle/nl/

Bringing the amount of Hyatt hotels in the Netherlands to 4.
3 x Amsterdam
- Andaz
- Hyatt Regency
- Hyatt Place Amsterdam airport

We aren't WOH blessed here so you know
Old May 2, 2024, 3:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA ExPlat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by HadesNL

So what happens to the other properties - are they leaving MMS altogether or does the new owner of MMS give the properties a choice to partake in WoH or not?

As for four properties in NL, probably still relatively “good” on a per capita basis. Then again, Europeans don’t necessarily just stay in their own countries So per capita is probably a bad metric.
HadesNL likes this.
Old May 2, 2024, 5:12 am

Originally Posted by HadesNL
Hm,

1x Zwolle
https://www.hyatt.com/mr-and-mrs-smi...amp=hpe_hy_com
https://www.pillowshotels.com/zwolle/nl/

3 x Amsterdam
- Andaz
- Hyatt Regency
- Hyatt Place Amsterdam airport

I'm pretty sure Canal House & Pillows Grand Boutique Hotel Maurits at The Park will be available via MMS after the relationship with SLH officially ends.

The 2 Sircle hotels also has high chance of joining.

The 2 micro-hotel in rural setting may join, but with 4 and 14 rooms, don't have much hope of redeeming points there.

I think the 2 most expected are Soho House and Conservatorium, but they're expensive and can/has been doing well on their own.

Anyway, just give them time. This is only the first batch of integration.
EuropeanPete and HadesNL like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.