Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt > Mr. and Mrs. Smith
Reload this Page >

Mr & Mrs Smith Integration (active as of 24 Apr 2024)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2023, 10:04 am
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Qatar Airways, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, IHG

Creating a new thread dedicated to the integration of Mr & Mrs Smith within World of Hyatt as we draw closer to its planned onboarding.

As per this article from FrequentMiler, updated with their discussion with Hyatt execs at the end of November 2023:
  • Hyatt expects to integrate “100’s” of Mr & Mrs Smith properties by early 2024.
  • Integration will be much tighter than with their SLH partnership.
  • There will be some form of on-property elite recognition, but don’t expect to be able to apply Suite Upgrade Awards.
This is thrilling, and if hundreds of properties are indeed joining in the next few months, this has the potential to fill a lot of footprint gaps very quickly. Tighter integration than with SLH is also promising, but I believe this will mean that Globalists will be given free breakfast and a category or two upgrade [not sure about the possibility of a full-on suite upgrade, but I'm open to a surprise] rather than all members receiving breakfast at SLH properties booked through Hyatt.

Seeing that the gift card offer is running through March 31st, 2024, I would expect the offer will hand off to integration of the inaugural properties on April 1st.

Only a few months to go to hopefully see some exciting action, and fingers crossed from further communication from Hyatt in the meantime.

khabah
LoungeLizardHugo likes this.
Old Dec 21, 2023, 11:48 am
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
If you insist on starting this thread now, before there is any real news, can it be renamed to something like "MMS Integration Speculation" so it more accurately reflects the likely contents.
Old Dec 21, 2023, 12:08 pm
Original Poster

Perhaps I’m reading a smidge of aggression from the post above, but for the record I meant this thread to be a general discussion around integration-related matters, not necessarily the official integration one - which I assume, at that point, would warrant its own thread.

khabah
Sydneyberlin likes this.
Old Feb 17, 2024, 2:01 pm
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
I have not read anything lately on the integration. Is there any news or speculation?
Sydneyberlin likes this.
Old Feb 19, 2024, 10:29 pm

Programs: BA Gold, QF Platinum, SQ Silver
Originally Posted by 59Impala
I have not read anything lately on the integration. Is there any news or speculation?
Plenty of speculation but no new news, as far as I can tell.

I’d also think that any half-way “proper” integration would require long negotiations with every single property who mostly never had any association with Hyatt (or even any chain at all, in the case of independently owned single properties). I’d imagine this a HUGE quest for Hyatt and would not be surprised if the process took longer than anticipated and/or lots of the more exciting MMS properties pull are pulling out.

Let’s not forget that this platform simply used to be a booking channel and not much more to these hotels. Suddenly being affiliated with one of the major US hotel conglomerates might not go that well with some of these. It’s definitely a total different ballgame compared to being a available on a booking platform, potentially one of many.
59Impala likes this.
Old Feb 20, 2024, 7:13 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Sydneyberlin

I’d also think that any half-way “proper” integration would require long negotiations with every single property who mostly never had any association with Hyatt (or even any chain at all, in the case of independently owned single properties). I’d imagine this a HUGE quest for Hyatt and would not be surprised if the process took longer than anticipated and/or lots of the more exciting MMS properties pull are pulling out.

Let’s not forget that this platform simply used to be a booking channel and not much more to these hotels. Suddenly being affiliated with one of the major US hotel conglomerates might not go that well with some of these. It’s definitely a total different ballgame compared to being a available on a booking platform, potentially one of many.
I also had the thought Hyatt will be deliberate with MAMS properties within the WOH ecosystem. If there are MAMS hotels located in close proximity to current Hyatt properties, what would be the incentive for integrating these properties? They would just cannibalize Hyatt’s revenue — unless MAMS offers a comparable revenue to the Hyatt group (unlikely since they are independent).

Same thought of (former) SLH revenue vs actual Hyatt property. What was the difference?
Old Feb 21, 2024, 4:26 pm

Originally Posted by Trouvaille
I also had the thought Hyatt will be deliberate with MAMS properties within the WOH ecosystem. If there are MAMS hotels located in close proximity to current Hyatt properties, what would be the incentive for integrating these properties? They would just cannibalize Hyatt’s revenue — unless MAMS offers a comparable revenue to the Hyatt group (unlikely since they are independent).

Same thought of (former) SLH revenue vs actual Hyatt property. What was the difference?
Depends also on the type of Hyatt in proximity. I don't think a MMS property is going to steal much revenue from a Hyatt Place.
Old Feb 22, 2024, 12:24 am

Originally Posted by Clemson
Depends also on the type of Hyatt in proximity. I don't think a MMS property is going to steal much revenue from a Hyatt Place.
Not so sure, in terms of reaping up Globalist nights, they’d definitely compete for me.

But, O-US, it’s more about filling gaps in places that have NO Hyatt presence. And there are many (often rather big) cities around the Globe that have plenty of Marriott/Hilton/Accor but not a single Hyatt. Could easily list 50+ of those places in pretty much any continent but North America.
Marathonjack likes this.
Old Mar 7, 2024, 4:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Sydneyberlin

These properties -- or at least many of them -- were previously bookable with IHG, including reward points. I don't think they need to completely reinvent the wheel.
Old Mar 18, 2024, 11:07 pm

So I guess still no news on award bookings at these hotels?
Old Mar 18, 2024, 11:23 pm

Originally Posted by abcx
So I guess still no news on award bookings at these hotels?
Or anything about anything with regards to this? A list of hotels to participate would be a start.
Phillbsb1979 likes this.
Old Mar 18, 2024, 11:38 pm
Original Poster

Nothing whatsoever from Hyatt aside from MMS joining "soon"... which we've only been hearing since June 2023. Who knows with this lot?

khabah
Sydneyberlin likes this.
Old Apr 5, 2024, 7:50 am

If they were to integrate some of the really nice MAMS properties...anyone think that might necessitate a category 9?
Old Apr 9, 2024, 9:24 am

i predict WoH will use dynamic pricing for redemptions at these properties at ~$0.01/p valuation. the only potential opportunity i see for value is 1) waived fees 2) free breakfast 3) and maybe suite upgrades only at check-in using a suite upgrade award. hyatt has little leverage to compel these properties to accept peanuts revenue for award stays & advance confirmed suite upgrades.
Old Apr 10, 2024, 1:18 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob/UA Gold
Originally Posted by Colin
i predict WoH will use dynamic pricing for redemptions at these properties at ~$0.01/p valuation. the only potential opportunity i see for value is 1) waived fees 2) free breakfast 3) and maybe suite upgrades only at check-in using a suite upgrade award. hyatt has little leverage to compel these properties to accept peanuts revenue for award stays & advance confirmed suite upgrades.
I see value in an expanded set of properties in Europe that give elite night credit for cash bookings. SLH properties were very difficult to book using points, I just didn't see them as a legitimate option for awards.

I've only really looked at Barcelona in the Fall, but the MMS options are far better than SLH. In just this city alone it expands elite earning options by 21 great hotels vs 5 SLH.
Sydneyberlin likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.