Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt > Mr. and Mrs. Smith
Reload this Page >

Mr & Mrs Smith Integration (active as of 24 Apr 2024)

Mr & Mrs Smith Integration (active as of 24 Apr 2024)

Old May 2, 2024, 6:08 am
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by notquiteaff
So what happens to the other properties - are they leaving MMS altogether or does the new owner of MMS give the properties a choice to partake in WoH or not?
The properties have a choice ... From the T&Cs:

"PLEASE NOTE: Not all properties that are part of the Mr & Mrs Smith collection participate in the Program." The "Program" being the WoH program.
notquiteaff and HadesNL like this.
Old May 2, 2024, 11:10 am
ZVL

Not integrating so well

Hi, I have tried to book a Mr & Mrs Smith property with hyatt.com for 6 days now. Whether we go on line or cal an operator, we get errors. The hotel in question has inventory but the hyatt site either fails or says it does not. It also posts an RBI ERROR on checkout. Operators on the call centre do not know what to do and IT has not advised them of any issues. Today we found our card was charged $6,000 CAD in advance for 2 bookings, none of which are confirmed or on our account on hyatt.com. I am a lifetime globalist - this is not a great integration experience so far. 5 hours on hold and in meetings and emails to management. My advice is to wait a bit. It seems like they are having significant issues, maybe it is just my bad luck with this one hotel.
Old May 2, 2024, 12:07 pm
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Qatar Airways, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by ZVL
Ömaybe it is just my bad luck with this one hotel.
Itís not your bad luck with that one hotel - Iíve been trying to make bookings in different destinations over different days since the integration and havenít succeeded in making a single one. If Iím not getting errors of no available hotels or rates being unavailable despite a visible number, Iím getting messages saying my reservation canít be completed at this time or to contact customer serviceÖ who themselves either give me wrong information about MMS availability within Hyatt or that theyíre having known issues with booking those properties, and we all just have to wait and/or try again later. Still no luck this far along.

A very poor integration experience, honestly.

khabah
Old May 2, 2024, 8:23 pm

Programs: BA Gold, QF Platinum, SQ Silver
A very bad integration indeed! After booking my first stay, two nights in a very nice looking Boutique hotel in Bali, I find two one night charges on my Amex while it should have only 50% according to the rate rules. So I contact my Hyatt concierge and she gets in touch with the hotel directly.

Hotel gets back overnight and incorrectly claims that I had booked on the Mr. & Mrs. Website and that they had only charged once despite me attaching screen shots of my American Express bill. So I write back, asking for this to be sorted.

Two days and no response from my Hyatt concierge. Just checked, I got one of the charges refunded which leaves me short by about AUD 40 for foreign exchange and credit card fees. No word yet from Hyatt so Iíve replied complaining about said fees (which they will just ignore, as per usual) and also asking to ensure my World of Hyatt membership is registered so that I wonít have to chase nights and points after my stay in December.

I BET you now that I wonít automatically get this stay counted on Hyatt! So- should have booked the Andaz instead which could have saved me a heap of hassle and even money.
Old May 3, 2024, 9:14 am
ZVL

Same experience. After 6 days now, with no booking and no contact or apology from Hyatt, we were refunded but shortchanged by $300, presumably the FX movement in the last week was in their favor. It’s not a big amount. But still no contact from Hyatt, and no accommodation now for us. We cancelled our non-Hyatt bookings to stay with Hyatt and now this is where we are at. Yes, agree, it is not safe to book with their new properties. Loads of hassle - I am going to stick with Hyatt core properties when booking with them. What I really do not understand is the lack of contact. Why are they afraid to talk to people and improve. It must be a cultural thing in their corporate office.
Sydneyberlin likes this.
Old May 3, 2024, 12:00 pm

I just received an email from World of Hyatt with the subject: Exciting news about your upcoming stay at Canaves Epitome

This hotel was one of the SLH properties that I decided to keep my 4 nights on points for July even though I wasn't going to get the EQN credits.
My email states that this property is now a part of MMS and now I WILL be getting the EQNs. So a bit of happy news amongst the bad for those few who have reservations at some of those SLH properties that are will now fall under the MMS umbrella.
Not sure if I should cross reference this in the SLH thread.
EuropeanPete and 59Impala like this.
Old May 3, 2024, 2:40 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond RA, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Delta Gold
I just posted a similar email regarding Galleria Vik Milano in the SLH thread: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/smal...l#post36208257
surikatina and joachimm like this.
Old May 11, 2024, 8:19 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Trying to book a room at the Parkhotel Mondschein. link

Looking to book 3 adults in a junior suite, but the property only shows availability if I select 2 adults, even though all of the suites say up to 3 adults can be accommodated. E-mailed my concierge and she says I need to call the globalist line due to having the take the credit card security code over the phone. I called the globalist line and they said I have to book a Mr and Mrs Smith property on the website.

What exactly am I supposed to do? I guess I'll e-mail them and see if I can just book for 2 and make sure they know it's actually for 3 and that I need an extra bed.
Old May 12, 2024, 1:23 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Yes, book online for two and then contact the property to change the guest count and request an extra bed. There may be a third guest and/or extra bed surcharge--you can estimate this by using the hotel's native booking system and checking the rates for two vs three guests.
Old May 15, 2024, 4:14 am

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, SPG/Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Lifetime HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by surikatina
I just received an email from World of Hyatt with the subject: Exciting news about your upcoming stay at Canaves Epitome

This hotel was one of the SLH properties that I decided to keep my 4 nights on points for July even though I wasn't going to get the EQN credits.
My email states that this property is now a part of MMS and now I WILL be getting the EQNs. So a bit of happy news amongst the bad for those few who have reservations at some of those SLH properties that are will now fall under the MMS umbrella.
Not sure if I should cross reference this in the SLH thread.
Very encouraging to hear that some former SLH properties now also on MMS will give EQNs.
surikatina likes this.
Old May 15, 2024, 8:59 am

Programs: Hyatt Glob/UA Gold
It's May 15 and SLH properties no longer show up in Barcelona and Madrid searches for this fall, but MMS don't show either.

I understand not everyone loves the SLH->MMS transition, but I am EAGERLY anticipating the ability to book MMS properties and get Hyatt EQN. I hope we'll see an expansion of property availability soon.
Old May 15, 2024, 10:21 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I just tried unsuccessfully to book a MMS property in the USA: First on the Hyatt website, where I got the unknown error page twice. Then I called MHC and that person couldn't get the booking to go through either, saying that there are issues and I need to keep trying/call back. Very frustrating. I also noted a $30 destination charge. The MMS website seems to show the same rate as the MMS member rate on hyatt.com, but the MMS website mentions a welcome amenity.

In the USA area close to the hotel I want, MMS has three properties but Hyatt only shows one of them.

BTW, the MMS website has three membership tiers: free (1% rebate), $150 per year (2%. rebate) and $600 per year (3% rebate and possibility of one category upgrade).
Old May 15, 2024, 11:02 am

Programs: Hilton Honors, Marriott Bonvoy, Accor, Hyatt, (Former IHG Ambassador)
Originally Posted by joachimm

....I am EAGERLY anticipating the ability to book MMS properties and get Hyatt EQN. I hope we'll see an expansion of property availability soon.
You may not be so eager anymore when you see the very high nightly rates they will ask, with almost zero globalist benefits.
Old May 16, 2024, 9:31 am

I'm trying to book an MMS property in Italy and would love to have one Globalist benefit in particular: late check-out. Because this property's check-out is 08:00 - 10:30. Ouch.
Old May 16, 2024, 11:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by gregorio1
I'm trying to book an MMS property in Italy and would love to have one Globalist benefit in particular: late check-out. Because this property's check-out is 08:00 - 10:30. Ouch.
There's a range? So who decides if you have to be out by 8? Or are they saying the desk isn't staffed before 8?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.