Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Status Match Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2006, 11:22 am

Programs: No longer loyal "over-entitled" 1K
Originally Posted by frcabot
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is Delta still offering elite challenges (a la AA)?

I ask specifically because I will be travelling to Israel, Singapore, and Australia this summer, which if not covered by Delta will be covered by Delta partners.

I called Delta Skymiles center, spent about 15 minutes talking to someone in India who kept trying to get me to purchase a ticket ("I'm not interested in a reservation, I'm calling about a CHALLENGE TO ELITE STATUS" -- "What departure city?" --- AGH), before finally getting transferred to a US Call Center, spending another 30 minutes on hold and then being told that there is no challenge program. Incidentally, I did mention I was a United Premier.

I was offered to get my status matched, however I'm more interested in a challenge because I will be flying well over 10,000 miles --> Gold Elite versus Silver Elite by a 2P United Match.
Usually what they do is once you request status match to DL, they will offer challenges instead. So, I would guess you better with a letter or fax your status match request.
Old Jun 24, 2006, 2:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Status match AA PLT to Star Gold for RTW

Hey folks,

I m planning a RTW in NOV/DEC using my LH points (Y award). To ensure comfortable travel (lounges etc. ) I d like to get Star Gold status again. I read that it s possible with bmi and united... My preference would be bmi because I could use UA later when I return to US in a few years. Any experience and suggestions how to handle status match with bmi??

I m also interested in continental...

Actually I m AA Plat but just dont use OneWorld for this trip!

Thanks in advance,

:-:
Old Jun 24, 2006, 3:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX
Any experience and suggestions how to handle status match with bmi??
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=542937
Old Jun 24, 2006, 3:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Thanks... I will ask if they comp to *G even with AA Plat !

I keep you up to date folks !

Old Jun 25, 2006, 9:22 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott PP
I have a quick Q. I alreasdy have 30K on NW this year... I'm debating pushing it 50K or starting to put all my miles on a new One pass card. I'm curious if CO will status match a Gold Elite for NW or should I try to get Silver on both. It isn't an issue of getting another 25K miles as I will have a few overseas trips for work... In addition, how do I go about getting the status match, early next year when I get the NWA Elite card or what?

Thanks for the help!
Old Jun 27, 2006, 12:01 pm

Hello,

I just faxed over a status match request for Delta, (Contiental Silver Elite currently)

I gave them my email is the contact info.

How does Delta reply to your elite status match requests?

Via fax, or email, or phone, or mail?

Thanks
Jon
Old Jun 27, 2006, 12:45 pm

Programs: AA PLT & 2MM- Thank You, FT !!
Hotels??

Where can I find "status match" info between SPG & PC??

Thanks.......
Old Jun 27, 2006, 5:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
Originally Posted by delacpa
Where can I find "status match" info between SPG & PC??

Thanks.......
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=517330
Old Jun 27, 2006, 6:40 pm

Programs: AA PLT & 2MM- Thank You, FT !!
gleff Thanks for the quick response as well as the very useful information
Old Jun 28, 2006, 4:07 pm
Original Member

Programs: AS, UA, HY, Hil, Merr
That was fun. Is it time to get rid of the first 25 or so pages of this post?
Old Jun 28, 2006, 4:22 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by yancantcook
How does Delta reply to your elite status match requests?
In my experience, Delta responds to status match requests BADLY.

First, they are sticklers for detail and rationale explanations. Of the math requests I have tracked, they have completely rejected more than they have granted, and for some of the most bizarre excuses.

Second, they usually offer Challenges, and respond, positively or negatively, by SNAIL MAIL. And it sometimes takes weeks for them to get the envelope dropped into the mail.

It ain't pleasant! If you are lucky enought to get an actual match, the fastest way you will find out is by looking at your status on the website each day. But remember, the snail mail takes a LONG time! (2-6 weeks).

Last edited by 925; Jun 28, 2006 at 4:28 pm
Old Jun 29, 2006, 1:12 pm

Wow!

I faxed a letter to Delta requesting Silver Elite (from OnePass Elite) and checked my skymiles account today, and it shows me as Silver Medallion.

I'm surprised they responded so quickly (2 business days) and did not offer a challenge of any kind.
Old Jun 29, 2006, 4:56 pm

Programs: United 1K, DL Silver, SPG Gold, Hyatt Gold, Priority Club Gold
validity of status matches in second half of year

I've seen this touched on in some earlier posts - so apologies if this is all out there already but my head started to spin when I tried to read every entry in this thread - but can anyone give an airline break-down on the validity of status matches issued in July. Wd they just last until end of 2006 or thru Dec 2007? I'm thinking of trying for DL and CO after a recent re-base to NYC, but wd consider holding off if July only got me six months. 18 months on the other hand wd be quite a result! It probably varies carrier to carrier so advice wd be much appreciated

Tks
Old Jun 29, 2006, 6:41 pm

Programs: AA EX PLT
Hey folks,

I m planning a RTW in NOV/DEC using my LH points (Y award). To ensure comfortable travel (lounges etc. ) I d like to get Star Gold status again. I read that it s possible with bmi and united... My preference would be bmi because I could use UA later when I return to US in a few years. Any experience and suggestions how to handle status match with bmi??

I m also interested in continental...

Actually I m AA Plat but just dont use OneWorld for this trip!

Thanks in advance,

I believe Star Gold Status comes with the Amex card that costs 395$/Year. My wife swears by it. Maybe you should consider it....
Old Jun 30, 2006, 3:29 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Thanks... I will ask if they comp to *G even with AA Plat !

I keep you up to date folks !

I know quite a few people who have received BMI Gold this year by submitting a copy of their AA Plat credentials/statement. You should have the same kind of success.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.