Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Status Match Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2006, 4:31 am

Originally Posted by bundi404
any info regarding delta's challenges?
I recv'd Gold Medallion through a DL challenge back in March '05.

I faxed my NW statement which showed Gold Elite and they responded with a challenge.

The challenge: fly 5000 miles to receive Silver Medallion, fly 10,000 miles to receive Gold Medallion. All within a 3-month period. The fax said that all fare classes are equal for the challenge (unlike the AA challenges), but over the phone they said that deep-discounted fares are not eligible.

However, after 10,000 miles worth of flights posted (which were all flown on LUT fares), my Gold status appeared.

I'm not sure if the challenge is still being offered...
Old May 20, 2006, 6:25 am
Suspended

can someone please explain the rules of the DL challenge and who to cal to start it up?
Old May 23, 2006, 8:32 pm

US status match time periods

Originally Posted by SlowTrekker
Friday evening I faxed a Comp request along with my US DM#, DL GM credentials, and DL SkyMiles statements to US Air at 305-370-3513 .

I did not receive a reply, but when I checked my US account status online Tuesday around noon it now shows "Gold Preferred Member" status. ^ ^

Less than 2 business day turnaround. Some previous posts had indicated all status matches were on hold due to the merger. (Not in my case )
Thanks for posting this, as I'm interested in having US match my AA Gold, but was unsure about whether it would work right now.

I'm thinking about waiting until July 1, so that the status will last until 2/28/08 (IIRC, that's how AA does it). Anyone know about this for US?
Old Jun 3, 2006, 7:24 pm

Programs: UA/Prem Exec, HH/Gold, TW/Gold
CO Status Match FAX

Originally Posted by spamcop
Just did it today myself. 832-235-2713.
I tried this but both eFax and my own fax machine couldn't connect. It woulds like it's a "voice mail plus fax" on the other end, and I couldn't get sync'd up. Anyone else having this problem?

UPDATE: worked fine today, and they bumped me to Platinum. Woo-hoo!

Last edited by jmhayes; Jun 5, 2006 at 3:42 pm
Old Jun 4, 2006, 4:10 pm

Programs: BA
Will any other *alliance members match BMI Silver status?? Thanks
Old Jun 7, 2006, 6:56 pm

Programs: EVA Airline Diamond
Wink

anyone know which airline status match EVA Airline's DIaMond Card?
Old Jun 9, 2006, 4:52 pm

I just recieved a match from Delta no questions asked! I'm so excited. I'm American Gold status and live in Miami. However i'm starting to travel to BHM weekly and DL is my best option. I faxed them my AA print out and requested silver status to switch loyalties and within 48 hours - there it was!! i'm so excited. I didn't know I could even possibly do that until finding this board a few days ago.
Old Jun 9, 2006, 6:30 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA-EXP (3.3MM), AAirpass, SQ-PPS Solitaire, DL-PM (.777MM), SPG-Plat, HH-D
Originally Posted by Slim17
I just recieved a match from Delta no questions asked! I'm so excited. I'm American Gold status and live in Miami. However i'm starting to travel to BHM weekly and DL is my best option. I faxed them my AA print out and requested silver status to switch loyalties and within 48 hours - there it was!! i'm so excited. I didn't know I could even possibly do that until finding this board a few days ago.
Another success story...

Welcome to FT ^ ^
Old Jun 10, 2006, 5:55 pm

Programs: US Platinum, UA Premier Exec, AA Gold
Arrow UA Status Match Question

Anybody know for sure if there is a mid-year date in 2006 beyond which if you are granted a status match on UA, your status will remain until Feb. 2008?? I believe with the AA challenges, if you do your challenge beyond
a certain July date, your new status will remain until a year from the following
Feb....
Old Jun 10, 2006, 8:00 pm

Programs: TK/QR Gold, Marriott/Accor Plat, IC Dia Amb, Avis/Hertz PC
Originally Posted by FTonewfan
Anybody know for sure if there is a mid-year date in 2006 beyond which if you are granted a status match on UA, your status will remain until Feb. 2008?? I believe with the AA challenges, if you do your challenge beyond
a certain July date, your new status will remain until a year from the following
Feb....
To piggyback on this, is there a similar date for a CO status match? I've seen this asked a few times on this thread but not answered.
Old Jun 10, 2006, 8:07 pm

Programs: Northwest Platinum
Originally Posted by FTonewfan
Feb....
For AA it's june 16.
Old Jun 11, 2006, 2:22 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium
Since it is on the US Air website here http://usairways.custhelp.com/cgi-bi...hp?p_faqid=363 I assume that US Air is still matching.

For US, how late in this year do I have to match to make the US Status Match good until February 2008?
Old Jun 15, 2006, 7:42 pm

Programs: HH Silver, MR Plat Prem & LT Plat, Hyatt Plat,SPG Plat, Hertz PC, National EE, UA 1K
Does anyone have the cutoff date for NW status match to be good through all of 2007? I historically fly a lot early year, and dont want to status match now if I will only be PE until 2/2007. I will requalify next year, but want to include the whole year. Thanks....a FORMER us flyer!
Old Jun 16, 2006, 9:00 am

Programs: Northwest Platinum
Originally Posted by PhillyPhlyer40
Does anyone have the cutoff date for NW status match to be good through all of 2007? I historically fly a lot early year, and dont want to status match now if I will only be PE until 2/2007. I will requalify next year, but want to include the whole year. Thanks....a FORMER us flyer!
Adding on to this question, If I have NW status until feb of next year, but will lose it after that, will NWA match my status from AA (plat) or UA (premier) after I lose status with them?
Old Jun 16, 2006, 11:14 am

Programs: UA Gold, Mariott Gold, Shangri-la Jade, Hotels.com Gold (does that count?); DL, AA, B6, VX, SPG
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is Delta still offering elite challenges (a la AA)?

I ask specifically because I will be travelling to Israel, Singapore, and Australia this summer, which if not covered by Delta will be covered by Delta partners.

I called Delta Skymiles center, spent about 15 minutes talking to someone in India who kept trying to get me to purchase a ticket ("I'm not interested in a reservation, I'm calling about a CHALLENGE TO ELITE STATUS" -- "What departure city?" --- AGH), before finally getting transferred to a US Call Center, spending another 30 minutes on hold and then being told that there is no challenge program. Incidentally, I did mention I was a United Premier.

I was offered to get my status matched, however I'm more interested in a challenge because I will be flying well over 10,000 miles --> Gold Elite versus Silver Elite by a 2P United Match.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.