Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Status Match Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2006, 4:04 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, UA Platinum
Spg / Mr

SPG just matched my MR gold status over the phone in 5 minutes with no documentation requirements. I was surprised that they didn't want to confirm anything I told them.
Old Mar 8, 2006, 8:27 am

Programs: MR PL, Hyatt GP Diamond, HH Gold, UA Silver, WN A-LIst, National EE
Without debating the warrants of having status with NW, the comp to their elite status was easy, and better than expected.

I asked them to comp my AA Gold (just dropped from PLT) to their equivalent level. I faxed them a copy of my two most recent AA summaries (which still showed me as PLT), and received a comp in less than two week to NW Gold. ^ ^

I have a couple of flights upcoming on NW, and sitting up front has to be better than sitting in the back, no? The opportunity to get upgraded on CO flights is a benefit, too. And, almost ALL of my travel is domestic US, and everything I have read says that NW has one of the most domestic upgrade friendly programs.

Worst case scenario? The pilots go on strike, the airline folds, and someone else will comp my NW Gold?
Old Mar 8, 2006, 8:33 am

Programs: TK/QR Gold, Marriott/Accor Plat, IC Dia Amb, Avis/Hertz PC
Worldperks Asia Status Match

http://asia.nwa.com/asia/en/oaconversion/index.jsp

Registered and faxed in my SQ PPS card 5 weeks ago and still no change to my WP status...apparently its still "being processed" by WP HKG.
Old Mar 8, 2006, 9:05 am

Programs: Delta Diamond, Alaska MVP Gold75, Marriott Platinum, SPG Platinum
I am interested to know if CO has any chllenge opportunities. If so, when is the best time to do the challenge?
Old Mar 10, 2006, 9:36 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum-2 MM Starwood Plat,Delta DM
I am lifetime GOLD with AA. Will the following airlines status match and if so do they match for one year, or more than one year if I resend the status match every 12 months?

I have not flown these airlines much over the years. Also what levels will they consider the equivelant?

Delta
United
US Air
Continental

thanks
rob
Old Mar 10, 2006, 9:50 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
United will match AA Gold with United Premier generally.
USAir will match AA Gold with US Air Silver
Continental will match AA Gold with Continental Silver.
Delta used to status match AA Gold with DL Silver but now seems to be doing challenges mostly where you have to do a certain amount of DL flying to get status.

An airline will generally upgrade your account only once -- once in an account lifetime -- with a status-match from another airline. The status match is good through at least the end of February of the following year. Some status matches will result in status that is good for more than one membership year, but that usually involves asking for a status match in the the latter part of the year.
Old Mar 13, 2006, 7:15 am

Programs: UA GS, 1.5 MM
A big ^ ^ ^ ^ to FT for the knowledge and to CO for comping me Platinum Elite. My company just struck a deal with CO for all their business so alot of good my UGS status will do me this year, Now I just have to get access to the CC to dump all my SWUs and CRUs

Last edited by UA2PEK; Mar 17, 2006 at 4:47 pm
Old Mar 13, 2006, 7:32 am

Location: Charlotte, NC, USA | CLT, formerly LHR & AMS (with just a bit of PSP)
Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, BonVoy Titanium, (soon former) Caesars7*, (former) Wynn Black, HR "Icon"
AirTran Status Match

Decided to recently look into flying AirTran from DAY. Fare from DAY-BWI was awesome, so decided to book some future trips.

Being the good Flyertalker... figured I would try for an Elite Status match. Everything I read on Flyertalk pretty much reinforced the fact that AirTran NO LONGER does a Status Match.

These are my results :

Called A+ rewards to inquire on Status Match; was quickly told, they NO LONGER do status matches.

Sent an email through the Contact Us Link; and received a reply within 24 hours, which stated that they NO LONGER do status matches.
The polite response :
"Dear baccarat_king"
In response to your e-mail, unfortunately the promotion that allowed us to match the status from other airlines ended in December 2004. We do apologize for any inconvenience. If you have any further questions please contact us at www.airtran.com.
Sincerely,
xxxxxx
Customer Relations"

At the same time I did the email, I fax'ed a letter, using the FAX number from the status match thread on MilesBuzz; Letter Follows :
March 8, 2006
Page 1 of 4
Elite Matching Program
Air Tran
Via fax: 912-966-6378

a+ rewards # : xxxxxxx

Dear Sir/Madam :

I am currently a Northwest Platinum Elite. I am NW Platinum until 02/2007. I plan on traveling quite a bit in 2006 on AirTran from Dayton Airport. I would like to request a status match to your Elite Status. This would be very helpful at this time, as I would like to start booking my trips on AirTran.
Documentation of my NW status follows.

Thank you for your consideration.
baccarat_king

Within 24 hours of sending the FAX letter, and at about the same time I received the email which stated they DO NOT do Status Matches, I checked online --- and I had BEEN UPGRADED to Elite Status.

Booked my flights, and confirmed, they all have my Elite Status --- so, my suggestion would be to FAX in requests for Status Match. Not sure if being a NW Platinum had anything to do with it, but I must say, the match was handled very quickly, based on the letter which included a copy of my Elite Card and Statements.
Old Mar 17, 2006, 1:01 pm

Location: NY Tri state- but hangs out in nicer weather in west coast
Programs: CO Plat, National VIP, Avis PC,
Hi, has anyone had AA (plat) match a UA with out having to do a challenge?
Old Mar 17, 2006, 1:12 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
My update...

A couple of weeks ago, I faxed a one-pager to UA with a copy of my AA Gold card.

They snail-mailed me back a request for both the AA Gold card and a printout of my AA Account Summary. (I thought that was weird...seems like the card itself, with the Feb 07 exp date, would be harder to jack around with on Photoshop if someone were faking it. Jacking with the Account Summary would be child's play.)

I could tell by the pace of the snail-mail that they got my fax pretty much instantly. I realized I had forgotten to put an email or phone number on the fax, which is probably why they snailed me.

So I re-faxed the Gold Card and the printout this past Monday, and now I haven't heard or seen a thing on my account. This time, I included a phone/email to contact me immediately if they need anything else. I need to buy a couple of MCI-SEA tickets soon...if United bongs me, I'll have to fly frickin' Southwest, which I hate. (The AA connections for MCI-SEA are simply too far out of the way.)

I don't know why UA would bong me. I already have a couple of MCI-SEA trips completed with them, and I always buy in Q class because I change tickets a lot. Seems that throwing me a small bone isn't too much to ask.
Old Mar 17, 2006, 6:19 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Diamond
Continental Status Match

Faxed Continental a status match to Platinum at 4:35PM this afternoon. I received a call at 7:05PM tonight confirming the match and setting up my account.

2 Hour & 35 Minute turn around time - NOW THAT IS SERVICE!

Faxed to: 832 235-2713 One Pass Service Center ATTN: One Pass Match Program.
Old Mar 17, 2006, 6:48 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by GUWonder
United will match AA Gold with United Premier generally.
USAir will match AA Gold with US Air Silver
Continental will match AA Gold with Continental Silver.
Delta used to status match AA Gold with DL Silver but now seems to be doing challenges mostly where you have to do a certain amount of DL flying to get status.

An airline will generally upgrade your account only once -- once in an account lifetime -- with a status-match from another airline. The status match is good through at least the end of February of the following year. Some status matches will result in status that is good for more than one membership year, but that usually involves asking for a status match in the the latter part of the year.
I have BA Gold (One World Emerald), which airlines can I get a status match with? tHANKS
Old Mar 18, 2006, 5:50 am

Programs: UA 1K & 1MM/AA Gold & 1MM/HH Gold/Marriott Titanium
I had UA match my AA Gold about five years ago but stopped flying after 9/11. I now fly on a regular basis, am currently AA Plat with AA lifetime Gold. I understand airlines usually only comp once. Do you think UA might consider a challenge since they've already comped me Premier status? Thanks!
Old Mar 18, 2006, 5:56 am

Originally Posted by TWA Guy
I had UA match my AA Gold about five years ago but stopped flying after 9/11. I now fly on a regular basis, am currently AA Plat with AA lifetime Gold. I understand airlines usually only comp once. Do you think UA might consider a challenge since they've already comped me Premier status? Thanks!
Very doubtful............that's why they call it a once in a lifetime comp......
Old Mar 18, 2006, 6:05 am

Hyatt GP Diamond

Do you guys know if SPG and PC will match Hyatt Diamond status with their Platinum level?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.