FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Status Match Master Thread
View Single Post
Old Mar 13, 2006, 7:32 am
baccarat_king

Location: Charlotte, NC, USA | CLT, formerly LHR & AMS (with just a bit of PSP)
Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, BonVoy Titanium, (soon former) Caesars7*, (former) Wynn Black, HR "Icon"
AirTran Status Match

Decided to recently look into flying AirTran from DAY. Fare from DAY-BWI was awesome, so decided to book some future trips.

Being the good Flyertalker... figured I would try for an Elite Status match. Everything I read on Flyertalk pretty much reinforced the fact that AirTran NO LONGER does a Status Match.

These are my results :

Called A+ rewards to inquire on Status Match; was quickly told, they NO LONGER do status matches.

Sent an email through the Contact Us Link; and received a reply within 24 hours, which stated that they NO LONGER do status matches.
The polite response :
"Dear baccarat_king"
In response to your e-mail, unfortunately the promotion that allowed us to match the status from other airlines ended in December 2004. We do apologize for any inconvenience. If you have any further questions please contact us at www.airtran.com.
Sincerely,
xxxxxx
Customer Relations"

At the same time I did the email, I fax'ed a letter, using the FAX number from the status match thread on MilesBuzz; Letter Follows :
March 8, 2006
Page 1 of 4
Elite Matching Program
Air Tran
Via fax: 912-966-6378

a+ rewards # : xxxxxxx

Dear Sir/Madam :

I am currently a Northwest Platinum Elite. I am NW Platinum until 02/2007. I plan on traveling quite a bit in 2006 on AirTran from Dayton Airport. I would like to request a status match to your Elite Status. This would be very helpful at this time, as I would like to start booking my trips on AirTran.
Documentation of my NW status follows.

Thank you for your consideration.
baccarat_king

Within 24 hours of sending the FAX letter, and at about the same time I received the email which stated they DO NOT do Status Matches, I checked online --- and I had BEEN UPGRADED to Elite Status.

Booked my flights, and confirmed, they all have my Elite Status --- so, my suggestion would be to FAX in requests for Status Match. Not sure if being a NW Platinum had anything to do with it, but I must say, the match was handled very quickly, based on the letter which included a copy of my Elite Card and Statements.