Wiki Posts
Search

The Status Match Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4, 2006, 5:56 am

Programs: TK/QR Gold, Marriott/Accor Plat, IC Dia Amb, Avis/Hertz PC
CO Status Match info from the horse's mouth:
http://web2.flyertalk.com/forum/show...2&postcount=15

Elite matches made after June 1 will automatically be renewed for the subsequent year's program - for example, if you qualify for an Elite Match now, it'll apply through Feb 2008. ^
Old Jul 10, 2006, 3:14 pm

Programs: AA GLD, Marriott SIL, Hyatt GLD
FWIW, the following worked. I faxed this to them and UA responded by email 10 days later. They upped me from General Member to Premier Exec, expiring in 2/08. I had 16,951 YTD EQMs on the AA statement I sent, dated 6/26/06.:

Date: June 26, 2006

Number of pages including this cover: 2

To: UA Mileage Plus Service Center
Premier Service Match

Fax number: 605-343-0215

As you can see from my attached statement, I am currently have “Platinum” status on American Airlines, but I would like to shift my business to United. I have a trip booked on UA for tomorrow (conf # X9X9XX), and a number of additional trips in the works, which I would prefer to fly on UA if you would be willing to match my elite status to your equivalent level.

Please feel free to call me at 999-999-9999 or email if you have any questions.

My Mileage Plus number is 99999999999.

Thanks in advance for your consideration.
Old Jul 13, 2006, 1:34 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, UA 2P, AA PLT, PC Platinum
Comp at UA for AA Gold?

The posts here seemed to be all about AA PLT or EXP to UA status. Is UA going to comp a lowly AA Gold to UA 2P?
Old Jul 14, 2006, 4:39 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by asyoulike
The posts here seemed to be all about AA PLT or EXP to UA status. Is UA going to comp a lowly AA Gold to UA 2P?
UA has done it before.
Old Jul 14, 2006, 6:22 am

Originally Posted by asyoulike
ORDinary Gold is now ORDinary Platinum. So the comp is AA Plt to US 2p
Old Jul 15, 2006, 3:02 pm

Programs: AA-Million Miles++, Pan Am, Eastern, Asia Miles, True Blue, IHG Spire, Emirates, APEC & Global Entry
AA to ?

Hi Flyertalkers--
Your opinions please-- I'm an AA Gold, flying mostly NYC to SF or LA. I'd like to try for a status match, but don't know which airline to choose. I've read that Continental rarely upgrades on those routes, and their coach is less than wonderful. So how about the others? United? (If no upgrade, do you usual get a E+ seat?) NW, Delta, US? Thanks for the help!
Old Jul 21, 2006, 9:36 am

Programs: AA-Million Miles++, Pan Am, Eastern, Asia Miles, True Blue, IHG Spire, Emirates, APEC & Global Entry
UA match?

Originally Posted by Cyllabus
Hi Flyertalkers--
Your opinions please-- I'm an AA Gold, flying mostly NYC to SF or LA. I'd like to try for a status match, but don't know which airline to choose. I've read that Continental rarely upgrades on those routes, and their coach is less than wonderful. So how about the others? United? (If no upgrade, do you usual get a E+ seat?) NW, Delta, US? Thanks for the help!

I think I answered my own question--or at least, Barnett did in his recent column at Joe Sent Me:
http://cb.biztravelife.com/

(Just booked a PS seat JFK/SJC for less than every other airline I tried. Hope they status match before the flight!)
Old Jul 21, 2006, 9:47 am

Programs: UA/Prem Exec, HH/Gold, TW/Gold
PS to SJC?

Originally Posted by Cyllabus
(Just booked a PS seat JFK/SJC for less than every other airline I tried. Hope they status match before the flight!)
Do you mean JFK-SFO? UA doesn't fly PS (or even non-stop) to SJC from JFK.
Old Jul 22, 2006, 9:32 pm

Originally Posted by jmhayes
Do you mean JFK-SFO? UA doesn't fly PS (or even non-stop) to SJC from JFK.

You're so right. Asked for JFK-SFO, got SJC-LAX-JFK. It's OK. More miles!
Old Jul 24, 2006, 4:21 pm

925, did you get your answer? I'm thinking of getting US to match my CO Silver Elite. Going by the answers for other airlines, if it's past July 20th it should be fine till Feb 2008?

Originally Posted by 925
Since it is on the US Air website here http://usairways.custhelp.com/cgi-bi...hp?p_faqid=363 I assume that US Air is still matching.

For US, how late in this year do I have to match to make the US Status Match good until February 2008?
Old Jul 24, 2006, 4:33 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by deburn
925, did you get your answer? I'm thinking of getting US to match my CO Silver Elite. Going by the answers for other airlines, if it's past July 20th it should be fine till Feb 2008?
I never got an answer from anyone here, so I decided to wait until January 1 to request the match. Sorry I don't know. Please post if you find out!
Old Jul 24, 2006, 8:26 pm

timing/length of US elite status match

Originally Posted by 925
I never got an answer from anyone here, so I decided to wait until January 1 to request the match. Sorry I don't know. Please post if you find out!
I asked just before you guys (post 648), but didn't hear back either. So, I faxed in my info on 7/8/06 (I was hoping that if half the year was over, they'd give me all of next year also).

The card arrived today. While I'm excited that they matched my AA status, unfortunately it expires 2/28/07. (I may try calling to get it extended or at least find out the cutoff for others here).

In any case, thanks to Gleff and others, without whom I'd have had no idea this was possible.
Old Jul 24, 2006, 9:50 pm

Originally Posted by pevo
The card arrived today. While I'm excited that they matched my AA status, unfortunately it expires 2/28/07. (I may try calling to get it extended or at least find out the cutoff for others here).
I recall from one of Viajero Joven's Mileage Run seminars (actually I took notes on it and made sure to write it down because I was interested in it) that he said that the America West Elite comp would be valid for 2 years only if it were requested after Oct. 31 in a given year. I assume the same would be true for US Airways since they are now one.
Old Jul 31, 2006, 1:43 pm

Programs: AA GLD (1MM), Hyatt PLT, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by ORDinary Gold
Date: June 26, 2006

Number of pages including this cover: 2

To: UA Mileage Plus Service Center
Premier Service Match

Fax number: 605-343-0215

As you can see from my attached statement, I am currently have “Platinum” status on American Airlines, but I would like to shift my business to United. I have a trip booked on UA for tomorrow (conf # X9X9XX), and a number of additional trips in the works, which I would prefer to fly on UA if you would be willing to match my elite status to your equivalent level.

Please feel free to call me at 999-999-9999 or email if you have any questions.

My Mileage Plus number is 99999999999.

Thanks in advance for your consideration.
I used pretty much the same letter.

Faxed it on Friday, and was Premier Executive by noon Monday.

Thanks for posting the "template"

alex
Old Aug 5, 2006, 5:26 pm

I need to do a status match for someone for UA.
when should I wait till to get it till 2008?

they arent travelling till dec but want to make sure he getas a good seat but he is silver now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.