Reload this Page >

Hotel Status Match Master Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hotel Status Match Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2009, 7:06 pm

Programs: JL Diamond, CX MPC Silver, OW Emerald, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Richey66
Do comped Hyatt Diamonds also receive 4 suite upgrade certificates?
Yes. I was comped last week and just received 4 suite upgrade certificates today that will expire on 2/28/10.
Old Oct 1, 2009, 9:09 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by Richey66
Do comped Hyatt Diamonds also receive 4 suite upgrade certificates?
Yes, my account also showed the certs expire in Feb 2010.
Old Oct 12, 2009, 4:15 pm

Location: San Francisco, Shanghai, Taipei, Hong Kong, Shenzhen.
Programs: SPG Plat, Hyatt Diam, UA GS
Originally Posted by LTN Phobia
Is there an email address to which I can send a request for status match for Hyatt (from SPG Plat)? I saw a fax number on in the first post but it will be easier for me by email.
Hyatt Customer Service said I could send my status match request to: [email protected]
Old Oct 25, 2009, 5:57 pm

Programs: CX Gold, Krisflyer PPS, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum
Thanks!

Thanks to all previous posters on FT for the tips and advices!!

I have matched my Hyatt Diamond with SPG Platinum.

With Hyatt Diamond and SPG Platinum I have matched Priority Platinum Elite status.
Old Oct 27, 2009, 5:04 pm

Programs: AA/EP, PC/RA
Originally Posted by sl00001
Thanks to all previous posters on FT for the tips and advices!!

I have matched my Hyatt Diamond with SPG Platinum.

With Hyatt Diamond and SPG Platinum I have matched Priority Platinum Elite status.
Did you have any stays on your Hyatt account? I've just match to Hyatt diamond, and i only have two stays at hyatt places, will SPG reject my request if i show them my account activities.
Old Oct 27, 2009, 5:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
Starwood will interface with Hyatt to verify your actual status. So if your Hyatt status came matched from another account, and you didn't earn it, they may not offer to match you.
Old Oct 27, 2009, 11:14 pm

Originally Posted by gleff
Starwood will interface with Hyatt to verify your actual status. So if your Hyatt status came matched from another account, and you didn't earn it, they may not offer to match you.
that was my concern, but sl00001's post gave me some hope, that's why i'm asking him about his stays?
Old Oct 30, 2009, 2:25 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
As a Hyatt

If you can demonstrate elite status with another chain and 10 stays or 30 nights within the past 12 months, Hyatt will comp you to Diamond status.

Send a fax with a copy of your elite statement (online statement is fine) and elite card to the Hyatt Account Services Desk (402-593-9449).
gleff, is this still available?

Thank you.
Old Oct 30, 2009, 3:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
No one has reported it isn't...
Old Oct 30, 2009, 3:51 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
No one has reported it isn't...
Just got done calling Hyatt Gold Passport. The csr was not sure and then he got back to me saying this offer expired Sept. 31 ... I didn't take his word and emailed HGP ... I guess we will find out next week.

BTW, I am Platinum with Hyatt and thus far this year have stayed about 40 nights at Hyatt, JW Marriott, Conrad, *wood & Accor.
Old Oct 30, 2009, 4:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Kalboz
Just got done calling Hyatt Gold Passport. The csr was not sure and then he got back to me saying this offer expired Sept. 31 ...
Actually I checked and the offer expired Sept. 32nd.

Seriously, don't ask, just submit and request.
Old Oct 31, 2009, 8:28 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime PLT
Thumbs up Success with Marriott

I was successful in getting a conditional status match/challenge to Platinum at Marriott by using the "Contact Us" feature on the website. I had initially called and the best they could do was a 6 night challenge to Silver.

I sent an e-mail stating that I was Platinum with Starwood, and will be visiting a new location which will require me to change my business to either Hilton or Marriott. I pointed out that I had prebooked my next 5 weeks worth of stays with them, trusting that they would take care of me. I also guaranteed them a minimum of 130 nights/year of business and offered to send them all of my past history with Starwood.

Within a few hours I received a response that I was immediately upgraded to Platinum and needed 18 nights in the next 3 months to maintain that status. Keep in mind this is over the holiday season, so it might have been a longer period then normal. I also think it helped that I sent it from my corporate address, which Marriott has a very strong relationship with.
Old Nov 2, 2009, 6:41 am

Originally Posted by Kalboz
...this offer expired Sept. 31 ...
That can't be true, i just got a match in mid Oct. (form PC with less than 20 nights)
Old Nov 2, 2009, 6:53 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Starwood will interface with Hyatt to verify your actual status.
I doubt that very much.

Why should one competitor assist another competitor in poaching their own customers?
Old Nov 2, 2009, 6:57 am

Originally Posted by HIDDY
I doubt that very much.

Why should one competitor assist another competitor in poaching their own customers?
I'm guessing to prevent people like me from matching from PC to Hyatt to *W

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.