Reload this Page >

Hotel Status Match Master Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hotel Status Match Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2011, 5:57 am

Does someone know if GHA ( http://www.gha.com/loyalty-home.aspx ) is matching RA's??
Old Feb 4, 2011, 9:30 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, Hyatt Diamond
Thumbs up Hyatt Diamond to PC Platinum

Thanks folks. I called Priority club as instructed and received an immediate Platinum elite match from my Hyatt Diamond status.
Old Feb 6, 2011, 10:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by tin509
Thanks folks. I called Priority club as instructed and received an immediate Platinum elite match from my Hyatt Diamond status.
welcome to ft tin509....glad it all worked out....
Old Mar 17, 2011, 10:08 am

Programs: National EE, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Markus1301
Does someone know if GHA ( http://www.gha.com/loyalty-home.aspx ) is matching RA's??
I was successful in getting Omni to match my HGP Plat with Plat last summer, which became GHA Plat this winter. The local experiences benefit is pretty nice.
YMMV
Old Mar 18, 2011, 10:21 pm

Programs: Marriott PLT, SPG GLD, DL PM, National EE
I am Elite Plat with Marriott... will SPG match it? Thinking of switching to them if the Q2 promo rumor of free nights is true.
Old Mar 31, 2011, 2:10 pm

Programs: *Wood Gold, Marriott Plat, HH Gold, National Exec Elite
Sent a mail to HHonors to match Marriott Plat to their Diamond status. Received gold status and a diamond challenge.

First, we are always thrilled anytime a member reaches out to us in an effort to attain our most prestigious Diamond membership level. Given the benefits associated with the Diamond membership level as well as the commitment we uphold for those who achieve Diamond, we currently do not provide tier matching or complimentary status.

Since you are currently a Platinum member with one of our competitors and wish to take advantage of this offer I have upgraded your account to Gold membership level so that you may begin to enjoy the benefits while working to earn Diamond with just 21 nights within 90 days of today's date.
Old Apr 6, 2011, 3:26 pm

Originally Posted by thecompdude
Sent a mail to HHonors to match Marriott Plat to their Diamond status. Received gold status and a diamond challenge.
What did you have to send them to get the match? Starwood is asking me for my Marriott Rewards card... I lost that... heck I never even used it. store my Loyalty program numbers on my phone.
Old Apr 12, 2011, 4:09 pm

Starwood rocks! They matched without my Marriot rewards card.
Old Apr 12, 2011, 6:34 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, SGC Gold, IHG Plat, Delta Diamond, Cont Gold, US Air Chairmans
Originally Posted by afraidofheights
There seem to be conflicting reports. Does anyone have recent experience on whether the Hyatt status match/challenge requires six nights or twelve nights? Also, does it have to be done in thirty days?

Thanks
12 nights in 60 days - per the email I received yesterday.
Old Jul 16, 2011, 11:08 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Silver Medallion, Gold AAdvantage
Hyatt diamond trial

12 nights in 60 days and I am 1/2 way there. Besides doing MRs, are there other options to complete the remaining 6 nights? The place that I fly for business doesn't have hyatt properties unfortunately.
Old Jul 16, 2011, 11:16 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Silver Medallion, Gold AAdvantage
Ditto, that's correct. I am in the middle of my hyatt diamond trial. It's not easy if you are not traveling for business. Even if you travel for business just hope that there is a hyatt property near by where you work.
Old Jul 26, 2011, 2:42 pm

Programs: DL-DM; HH-Diamond; SPG-Gold
SPG Status Match...no more??

Originally Posted by umct
I sent an email to [email protected] with a scan of the front and back of my Hilton Honors Diamond card and a screen capture of my Hilton stay history. An hour later I received a reply that SPG had upgraded my SPG Gold to SPG Platinum through 2011.
The only thing that could make me happier is if Planet Hollywood in Vegas and the Resort at Singer Island in FL were still Starwood properties.
Just tried to status match HH Diamond to SPG Plat and received the following letter. I don't know if this is because I am already SPG Gold of if it is truly a new policy.

15 nights in 90 days isn't too bad, but August and Sept are my two slow months. Will have to delay my reply until Oct 1

______
Dear MRTCPA,

I would like to take a moment to thank you for your loyalty to Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide and the Starwood Preferred Guest program.

As of April 1, 2011 we no longer upgrade members based on a status match or solely on a request ; I am pleased to inform you that we now offer an elite 'Status Challenge'. This challenge consists of having 15 eligible nights credited to your Starwood Preferred Guest account within 90 days of the request for Platinum Status. The Platinum Status challenge applies to new reservations only. Any previous nights already credited to the account do not apply to the challenge.

Should you choose to participate, once you have completed the challenge, we will upgrade your account to Platinum Status for a full year. Platinum Preferred Guest status offers the program?s greatest range of privileges. With our highest tier of membership, you will enjoy personalized attention and unparalleled rewards at an extraordinary collection of hotels and resorts worldwide; as well as exceptional elite status enhancements. Please visit the Platinum Preferred Guest page on SPG.com to view all of the benefits and our member guide.

If you have any questions regarding the status challenge and/or you are interested in participating, please reply to this email and we will get you started.

Best Regards,

Diona Kemp
Platinum Concierge Liaison
Starwood Preferred Guest
[email protected]
512-997-9046 fax
Old Jul 26, 2011, 7:24 pm

mrtcpa--- Received the same message when I tried to status match with SPG just a few days ago. Was looking forward to the benefits during the trial, oh well.
Old Jul 26, 2011, 7:28 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, National Executive
That is correct, the SPG change was announced back in March and was discussed with some passion in the SPG forum
Old Jul 27, 2011, 2:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by Gamecock
That is correct, the SPG change was announced back in March and was discussed with some passion in the SPG forum
here is the thread for those who are interested....

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starw...-1-2011-a.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.