Search

U.S. Travel Association's Daily Getaways 2016

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2016, 4:50 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by Firewind
Or maybe, e.g., even downtown SF or Oakland on a SFO rental. Let's see, how far is Napa? But seriously, if I want to be picked up, I'll rent from Enterprise.
Or Silvercar.

But I really want to know how this Avis one is being gamed.
Old Apr 3, 2016, 4:57 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Originally Posted by GUWonder
Or Silvercar.

But I really want to know how this Avis one is being gamed.
You left me in the dust with the Choice points+cash thing.
Old Apr 4, 2016, 1:48 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
The 30$ for one Avis day upto group G is nice...
Old Apr 4, 2016, 2:17 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Firewind
You left me in the dust with the Choice points+cash thing.
You mean the ones where the Choice points+cash "award" has a cash component that is 2-3 times higher than the cheapest regular paid rate not using points? Either way, I wanted to call those the Choice "points+cash" "penalty awards".
Old Apr 4, 2016, 8:18 am

Programs: A3 Silver
Any data points on Canadians being able to purchase these?
Old Apr 4, 2016, 9:39 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by montezume
Any data points on Canadians being able to purchase these?
If your bank card works and you meet the other criteria to use the deal(s) purchased, then it works. If your bank card doesn't work but you meet the other criteria to use the deal(s), then it won't work unless you have access to a credit card that works on the site.

Some kind of credit cards issued to persons with no US banking/borrowing activity did work in prior rounds, but some didn't.

I am not sure if you have to fool around with addresses or not to make it work, but that was something to consider at least with some previous years' deals.
Old Apr 4, 2016, 9:41 am

Programs: AA Plat, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriot Gold
So let's be real here, how fast does choice sell out? What are the odds of getting multiple packages?
Old Apr 4, 2016, 9:44 am

For those who bought IHG points last year, does it go through points.com? I'm asking because I'm wondering if it posts as "travel" so I could use the miles on my Arrival+ to pay for it.
Old Apr 4, 2016, 10:19 am

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
Originally Posted by miadukes
So let's be real here, how fast does choice sell out? What are the odds of getting multiple packages?
One year, I think 2 years ago, I bought 50k worth. Very, very good to use in Nordic countries.
Old Apr 4, 2016, 10:22 am

Originally Posted by hiima
One year, I think 2 years ago, I bought 50k worth. Very, very good to use in Nordic countries.
Thanks, I'm anxiously counting down to 1pm. I'd like to nab close to 100k in points but feel like if i get one it will be great, lets see I guess.
Old Apr 4, 2016, 10:36 am

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
Originally Posted by miadukes
Thanks, I'm anxiously counting down to 1pm. I'd like to nab close to 100k in points but feel like if i get one it will be great, lets see I guess.
These should last at least half an hour ish. Maybe a little less, but definitely more than mere minutes.
Old Apr 4, 2016, 10:37 am

Originally Posted by hiima
These should last at least half an hour ish. Maybe a little less, but definitely more than mere minutes.
Oh good that's promising then! I have high hopes for summer travel with these! lol
Old Apr 4, 2016, 11:02 am

Programs: Aeroplan, BMI, Hyatt, SPG, PC
Sorry if this question has been answered already, but can I purchase a package for someone else's account? Specifically I am looking at buying IHG points.
Old Apr 4, 2016, 11:05 am

Programs: A3 Silver
I got a confirmation and it seems like everything went through fine using my (Canadian) Chase Marriott Rewards visa (entered a US billing address though). Fingers crossed it works. Bought 1x the 40k choice points.
Old Apr 4, 2016, 11:10 am

Boy, was I wrong, that went fast.oh well, got 36k. I guess there was less time to purchase years before, so people couldn't hold out forever before purchase.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.