Community
Wiki Posts
Search

U.S. Travel Association's Daily Getaways 2016

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2017, 7:52 am

Programs: AA Plat, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriot Gold
Originally Posted by MileageAddict
I've got my fingers crossed that this promotion returns for 2017.
me too!!! I already know what would be on my list
Old Feb 17, 2017, 9:27 am

I contacted the US Travel Association - they told me they will be sending our preliminary info around March 1, 2017, with the promotion to begin in early April, 2017 - so it will be back
Old Feb 17, 2017, 12:41 pm
Original Member, Moderator: Hotel Deals and MilesBuzz

Originally Posted by dburns
I contacted the US Travel Association - they told me they will be sending our preliminary info around March 1, 2017, with the promotion to begin in early April, 2017 - so it will be back
Awesome news - thanks for doing the recon!
Old Feb 23, 2017, 4:04 pm

2017 Participating Partners

Alamo Rent-a-Car

Avis Car Rental

Best Western International

Caesars Entertainment

Choice Hotels International

Expedia

Fairmont Hotels and Resorts

Hertz Rent-a-Car

Hilton Hotels and Resorts

Hyatt Hotels and Resorts

InterContinental Hotel Group

Las Vegas Sands Corporation

Loews Hotels and Resorts

Marriott International

MGM Resorts International

Omni Resorts and Hotels

SeaWorld Parks and Entertainment

Universal Parks and Resorts

Wyndham Hotels & Resorts

Old Feb 23, 2017, 4:49 pm

so excited to hear this news!!! I will be losing a lot of money those two weeks LOL
Old Feb 23, 2017, 6:15 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
This year the competition should be less intense. Buyers who in past years bought hotel points to transfer to Southwest to top off their Companion Pass qualification will no longer have that option post-March 31. Although I'm sure we will see many posts from such buyers expressing their outrage that Southwest changed the rule on this in early January.

I hope the bloggers and floggers of Daily Getaways prominently note that these points will not help you earn a Companion Pass. The closest you can get is to transfer your existing hotel points to Southwest now and buy new points to backfill your hotel accounts.

I predict that Best Western and perhaps even Choice will not sell out this year.
Old Feb 23, 2017, 6:41 pm

Originally Posted by nsx
This year the competition should be less intense. Buyers who in past years bought hotel points to transfer to Southwest to top off their Companion Pass qualification will no longer have that option post-March 31. Although I'm sure we will see many posts from such buyers expressing their outrage that Southwest changed the rule on this in early January.

I hope the bloggers and floggers of Daily Getaways prominently note that these points will not help you earn a Companion Pass. The closest you can get is to transfer your existing hotel points to Southwest now and buy new points to backfill your hotel accounts.

I predict that Best Western and perhaps even Choice will not sell out this year.
Let's hope so as too Choice, I am really looking forward to maxing out each one as that is the way we take weekend trips, the points from last year have gotten us a bunch of nights, I have 20 nights lat year and still have 59k in my account, granted I also opened up a choice card. and I didnt manage to max out last year. This year I am hoping to get it all LOL vacations here I come!
Old Feb 23, 2017, 6:43 pm

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
Originally Posted by miadukes
Let's hope so as too Choice, I am really looking forward to maxing out each one as that is the way we take weekend trips, the points from last year have gotten us a bunch of nights, I have 20 nights lat year and still have 59k in my account, granted I also opened up a choice card. and I didnt manage to max out last year. This year I am hoping to get it all LOL vacations here I come!
Choice is great in Scandinavia and I mean GREAT.
Old Feb 23, 2017, 6:44 pm

Originally Posted by hiima
Choice is great in Scandinavia and I mean GREAT.
Thats what I hear, I already matched to the nordic status I'm hoping I can squeeze a trip in this year or before it expires. lets see.
Old Feb 23, 2017, 10:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by miadukes
With the exception of some oddities (like Scandinavia), Choice is not as good a program as it used to be. I would say they've devalued by about 1/3rd. It's a bit hard to know, because there aren't any bloggers who invest the time to figure out Choice's exact devaluation. But it is very real. I've personally seen many properties that require 2x the number of points they used to. So unless you've studied their chart and have specific redemptions in mind, I'd be cautious with Choice. While there are certainly still some good redemptions for many travelers at certain properties, you probably don't need as many Choice points as you think you do. Instead of it being a great deal, buying these Choice points (assuming the price is the same) is now just one tool among many for finding affordable hotel rooms.
Old Feb 24, 2017, 2:17 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Hmm... I need to be in Universal with the kids in mid April...!
Old Feb 24, 2017, 2:25 am

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
I started a new thread for the 2017 Daily Getaways yesterday, see:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...ys-2017-a.html

Old Feb 24, 2017, 4:18 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by iahphx
With the exception of some oddities (like Scandinavia), Choice is not as good a program as it used to be. I would say they've devalued by about 1/3rd. It's a bit hard to know, because there aren't any bloggers who invest the time to figure out Choice's exact devaluation. But it is very real. I've personally seen many properties that require 2x the number of points they used to. So unless you've studied their chart and have specific redemptions in mind, I'd be cautious with Choice. While there are certainly still some good redemptions for many travelers at certain properties, you probably don't need as many Choice points as you think you do. Instead of it being a great deal, buying these Choice points (assuming the price is the same) is now just one tool among many for finding affordable hotel rooms.
Choice is getting worse for use in Scandinavia. A growing proportion of the Nordic Choice hotel rooms are no longer available for Choice (US) reward nights; and the new Nordic Choice properties are ending up at such high prices in points that even the cash+point stays are ending up being a rip-off like crazy compared to even regular paid cash/card rates. There really is no longer a need to stack up on large volumes of Choice points and expose yourself to a massive program devaluation when you can pretty cheaply buy Choice points at any time using cash+points and then cancelling the cash+points stay; and this is a backdoor way to buy Choice points on the relative cheap -- all without hoarding points and getting burned by the next program devaluation or hotel game.
Old Feb 24, 2017, 5:26 am
Original Member, Moderator: Hotel Deals and MilesBuzz

With the start of a new thread for the 2017 promotion, I'm going to close this thread to avoid cross-posting.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...ys-2017-a.html

Thanks,

MileageAddict

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.