Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

60 AA miles/$ at Magazine.com

Old Dec 4, 13, 7:33 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, IHG Plat
My 2nd order (submitted 11/29) posted correctly today.
Old Dec 4, 13, 9:16 am

My miles posted but they are giving me the wrong purchase amount.
Old Dec 4, 13, 9:53 am

Programs: AA Plat/2MM, UA Silver, DL Plat (challenge), Marr LTTitanium, HH Gold, Hyatt Disc
Originally Posted by bosman View Post
Maybe premature to be concerned, but I did check my account activity on the AA shopping portal to see if my 11/26 Magazines.com transaction had shown up. It has not, so I sent Cartera a "Missing Activity" email. We'll see what that generates.

My experience with Cartera has generally been pretty awful and I was relieved when I no longer had to be a slave to them for AA Lifetime miles. This was my first transaction wth them since the change to BIS miles, and may be my last depending on how they handle this.
My miles posted today. Also, I got a PM from the Cartera rep in response to my previous post. Looks like their customer service is improving!
Old Dec 4, 13, 10:04 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hertz 5*, IHG RA, Hyatt Diamond, Amex Plat, SPG Gold
2 of 10 orders posted but for only 40% of the actual order.
Old Dec 4, 13, 10:33 am

Originally Posted by silver-tls View Post
2 of 10 orders posted but for only 40% of the actual order.
I called up magazines.com and they corrected the problem. Apparently they reported the wrong amount as My Time Magazine was not included.
Old Dec 4, 13, 10:47 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hertz 5*, IHG RA, Hyatt Diamond, Amex Plat, SPG Gold
I just called them and they said because some subscriptions do not match my name (obviously they are gift subs) they cannot honor the miles. Looks like I will have to cancel.
Old Dec 4, 13, 1:08 pm

Programs: Hilton HHonors Gold

Data Point -My 11/24 order posted this morning on on shopping portal
Old Dec 4, 13, 2:17 pm

Just received a response to my inquiry from ~2 days ago. I had an order for $250.84, of which the rep confirmed that $244.84 was eligible. Looking at my order, It looks like Popular Science (a $6 subscription) was not eligible somehow. I can't really figure out why.

The only disappointment is that I will now only receive 1,500 miles rather than 2,500 of the holiday bonus.

Either way, not that big of a deal - still a great return and a good bump to my AA miles bonus.
Old Dec 4, 13, 2:34 pm

To my complete surprise, my purchase posted today. 4200 for a $70 (manual) renewal of the New Yorker.
Old Dec 4, 13, 7:10 pm

Programs: AA, DL
Originally Posted by CFFrost View Post
Looking at my order, It looks like Popular Science (a $6 subscription) was not eligible somehow. I can't really figure out why.
That appears to be what I am missing as well.
Old Dec 4, 13, 8:06 pm

Originally Posted by zeddy218 View Post
That appears to be what I am missing as well.
Interesting. I can't figure out what about it is "ineligible" - though I suppose it is possible that it will post separately?
Old Dec 4, 13, 8:36 pm
2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: AS MVPG
Originally Posted by CFFrost View Post
Interesting. I can't figure out what about it is "ineligible" - though I suppose it is possible that it will post separately?
Popular Science is missing from mine too. Though actually now nothing is showing in my account, but I did get a screenshot when they were showing up sans Popular Science. Hopefully they are just doing maintenance or something.
Old Dec 4, 13, 9:03 pm

My miles posted on aadvantageshopping but my Time magazine subscription was not included (based on the missing amount). Anyone else not receiving credit for Time?
Old Dec 5, 13, 2:10 am

Programs: Skywards Platinum
I made 3 orders and 2 orders posted at the correct amount. My 3rd order only has $51 out of $127 posted, which represents only 2 of the 7 magazines ordered. I emailed magazines.com and they said:

"Good news! Our records indicate that your order was successfully placed through the appropriate Linkshare. This means that your work is done - simply look forward to your AAdvantage credits, which will be awarded within 6-8 weeks of your order. Furthermore, I see that the correct amount was sent to AAdvantage, so they should be granting points on the full amount."

So, they claim they sent the correct amount to AAdvantageShopping, though I find it hard to believe that it would be posted in separate transactions.
Old Dec 5, 13, 8:33 am

So- Magazines.com told me that Time MAgazine should absolutely qualify. Meanwhile I received another email from Cartera saying that it does not qualify b/c it is an international magazine? Since when were there restrictions like this?

Magazines.com told me they would try to rectify it again for me as this seems to be a mistake by Cartera. Frustrating!

Search this Thread