Old Sep 6, 2013, 1:16 pm

Originally Posted by spankytoes
Meh. I'll wait for the AA offer.
What's the typical offer?
Old Sep 6, 2013, 1:52 pm

Programs: AS MVP 75K, DL Gold
How did you set up the money transfer

Originally Posted by jaymar01
The points posted in just a week or two after the terms of the promotion were met....although I was definitely applying pressure.

Make sure you call them when doing the monthly bill payment. A "qualifying" payment is not straightforward as you would think, and I found it better to have the Citibank Customer Service rep make it from my account.

A simple money transfer from my regular checking qualified as "direct deposit".

As I mentioned earlier, I was never assessed any monthly fees prior to account closing.
Thanks for the valuable info. When you said "A simple money transfer from my regular checking qualified as "direct deposit"." How did you set that up? Was that something you set up with your regular checking acct or did you set that up through citi?
Old Sep 6, 2013, 2:05 pm

Programs: AS MVP 75K, DL Gold
Was the offer different last summer?

Originally Posted by jaymar01
I did this promotion last Summer for 40,000 Thank You points, and never got 1099 from Citi. As 40,000 Thank You points equates to $400 in Best Buy gift cards, it may fall below the minimum threshold.

As an aside, I was able to meet the terms of the promo and cash out before any monthly fees kicked in. Of course, YMMV.
Was offer different last summer? This offer says there will be a $30 monthly fee. And it takes 2 different months to complete the terms of the offer.

Hypothetically, could you open the account on Sept. 25. Make a qualifying bill pay on Sept 29 as well as set up an ach to post before then end of september. Then set up another ach on Oct. 1. You could complete the terms of the offer in less than a week, right? Do you think a paypal transfer would qualify as an ach?
Old Sep 6, 2013, 2:15 pm

Programs: The Golden status boy
Originally Posted by Mbcijim10
What's the typical offer?
Same terms for 30K AA miles. Same amount of calling to get your miles to post. I'd rather split a one-way award on AA if I'm going to be given the run around from Citi. But, I live in an AA hub.
Old Sep 6, 2013, 5:26 pm

Programs: UA silver
I pulled up the normal page for the CitiGold checking accounts and it says the 30$ monthly fee is waived for the first 2 month. After two months, you need to meet the 50K minimum.

https://online.citibank.com/US/JRS/p...do?ID=Citigold

Does this deal also waive the first 2 months?
Old Sep 7, 2013, 8:28 am

Programs: American Airlaines, Delta SkyMiles, United, BA, HH, Marriott, SPG, Priority Club
Originally Posted by wmonty67
I pulled up the normal page for the CitiGold checking accounts and it says the 30$ monthly fee is waived for the first 2 month. After two months, you need to meet the 50K minimum.

https://online.citibank.com/US/JRS/p...do?ID=Citigold

Does this deal also waive the first 2 months?

Yes it does. I called in a couple days ago and asked and was told the 1st 2 months are waived.
Old Sep 7, 2013, 1:20 pm

Programs: UA/AA
Originally Posted by alaskantraveler
Thanks for the valuable info. When you said "A simple money transfer from my regular checking qualified as "direct deposit"." How did you set that up? Was that something you set up with your regular checking acct or did you set that up through citi?
Set it up with your regular checking account. Because the transfer will be between banks (Citi and non-Citi), it will take a few days to post.
Old Sep 7, 2013, 1:26 pm

Programs: UA/AA
Originally Posted by alaskantraveler
Was offer different last summer? This offer says there will be a $30 monthly fee. And it takes 2 different months to complete the terms of the offer.

Hypothetically, could you open the account on Sept. 25. Make a qualifying bill pay on Sept 29 as well as set up an ach to post before then end of september. Then set up another ach on Oct. 1. You could complete the terms of the offer in less than a week, right? Do you think a paypal transfer would qualify as an ach?
You need to complete 1 qualifying Bill Payment and Direct Deposit for 2 consecutive months, so I guess you could get it done quickly if your timing works.

Paypal transfer should work.
Old Sep 7, 2013, 3:11 pm

Programs: All of em...
Originally Posted by mosquito
No luck opening an account from IL.
Is it limited to certain states? I didn't see that in the T&C. Anybody know?
Old Sep 7, 2013, 8:33 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA, UA, AS, DL, BA, F9, IHG Plat, HH Gold, CC Gold, SPG Gold, MR Silver
Originally Posted by mosquito
No luck opening an account from IL.
Wife and I had accounts and we are from IL, unless something has changed.

Anyone know how long you have to wait to churn this offer?
Thx
Old Sep 8, 2013, 1:55 pm

I did this offer in April, completed the requirements in May and June, and still waiting for the points... The $30 fee was charged the first time on 9/1. Hoping I can get them to post the points before another fee is charged.
Old Sep 9, 2013, 5:50 pm

Early in the thread there was mention of clawback possibility. If you meet all the terms and conditions, but then close the account after getting the TYP, why would there be a clawback? Has this happened to anyone?
Old Sep 9, 2013, 6:56 pm

Originally Posted by Jetsfan
Early in the thread there was mention of clawback possibility. If you meet all the terms and conditions, but then close the account after getting the TYP, why would there be a clawback? Has this happened to anyone?
No never heard of clawback on TYP's. Not sure how they would even go about clawing back points after redeemed. Some people are just too paranoid.
Old Sep 11, 2013, 6:14 am

Can anyone tell me if Citi does hard pull for opening a checking account? TIA

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.