MilesBuzz: Canada

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 13, 2013, 10:15 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jerry305
CANADIAN REFERENCE ON FLYERTALK
Canadian Credit Card Master List - Curated for Best Offer A complete listing of all the major credit cards in Canada along with their sign-up bonus, annual fee, CPM, and other pertinent information.

AMEX recent discussion American Express Canada application and reward strategies (2018)Which credit card should I get?Cards with good bonusesList of Credit Cards with Great Welcome bonuses (RFD version)
BLOGS
Canadian KilometersPointsNerdRewards CanadaDon't Call the Airline!PointshoggerCanadian Travel Hacking
CONFERENCE
PointsU conference (2018 & 2019 website)
Print Wikipost

MilesBuzz: Canada

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2018, 10:37 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Lifetime Plat, (now an AC nobody)
Can someone post a copy of the letter (email) regarding the elite night credit of 15 nights?

I'm with an American Express SPG CSR right now, and they are absolutely clueless.
Old Dec 21, 2018, 10:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: A loyal Amerisuites customer... oh wait
I don't have the email. Hope this is of some help.

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-Iiycmzrj1...pg15nights.png

Source:
Rewards Canada: December 20 Update: SPG Amex will have 15 elite night credit added early in 2019, United adding Toronto-San Francisco flights & more!
CanRulez likes this.
Old Dec 21, 2018, 10:48 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Lifetime Plat, (now an AC nobody)
Thanks Jerry. Was there an email as well and did it come from Marriott/SPG or American Express Canada?
Old Dec 21, 2018, 10:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: A loyal Amerisuites customer... oh wait
Dunno. I didn't get the email.
Anyone else?
Old Dec 21, 2018, 2:25 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by CanRulez
I'm with an American Express SPG CSR right now, and they are absolutely clueless.
just curious as to what you expect to achieve with an agent right now. the benefits won't apply until sometime next year.
Old Dec 21, 2018, 2:55 pm

Programs: United Premier 1K
Originally Posted by CanRulez
Thanks Jerry. Was there an email as well and did it come from Marriott/SPG or American Express Canada?
My e-mail (with the graphic above) came from American Express Canada.
Old Dec 24, 2018, 5:36 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Interesting, considering SPG no longer exists. Sounds like their copywriter never got the memo...
Old Dec 24, 2018, 5:47 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
Interesting, considering SPG no longer exists. Sounds like their copywriter never got the memo...
The credit card is still called the SPG card though, no? They did not rename the product itself.
Old Dec 25, 2018, 10:15 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim
The credit card is still called the SPG card though, no?
I was thinking more of the "15 Elite Night Credits towards the next level of Elite status in the SPG Program". Elite status in a non-existent program is of limited use. It would be interesting to see what the footnotes are, but the OP neglected to include them.
Old Dec 27, 2018, 8:21 am

Originally Posted by mahasamatman
I was thinking more of the "15 Elite Night Credits towards the next level of Elite status in the SPG Program". Elite status in a non-existent program is of limited use. It would be interesting to see what the footnotes are, but the OP neglected to include them.
Terms and Conditions 1. To be eligible to receive the 15 Elite Night Credits with this Card, you must be the Basic Cardmember, your Card Account must be in good standing at the time of the 15 Elite Night Credit deposit, and you must have an active Starwood Preferred Guest Loyalty Program account. To receive the 15 Elite Night Credit deposit, your Card Account must be linked to an SPG or Marriott Loyalty Program account in your name. You will receive a maximum of 15 Elite Night Credits per calendar year even if you have more than one Starwood Preferred Guest Consumer or Small Business credit card account or have more than one SPG or Marriott Loyalty Program account. American Express is not responsible for fulfillment of this benefit. It will take approximately 8 weeks from Card Account approval date for the credits to be applied to your loyalty account.2. Each year if, before the annual reset date, you reach $30,000 in net purchases charged to your account you will earn Gold Elite status in the Starwood Preferred Guest program for a minimum of 1 year (unless you are already enrolled at that or a higher level). Account must be in good standing. On the annual reset date, the amount of annual net purchases resets to zero. Subject to terms and conditions at www.spg.com. If you already have Gold Elite or Platinum Elite status with Starwood Preferred Guest, you will retain that status as long as you meet the requirements specified in the Starwood Preferred Guest terms and conditions.®, TM: Used by Amex Bank of Canada under license from American Express.®*: 2018 Marriott International, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Marriott Rewards, Ritz-Carlton Rewards, Starpoints, SPG, Preferred Guest, Sheraton, Westin, St. Regis, The Luxury Collection, W, Le Méridien, Design Hotels, Tribute Portfolio, Element, Aloft, Four Points and their respective logos are the trademarks of Marriott International, Inc., or its affiliates.Sent from Amex Bank of Canada, P.O. Box 3204, Station “F”, Toronto, ON, M1W 3W7. You can contact us or verify with us the authenticity of this e-mail by visiting www.americanexpress.ca/contactus.
Old Dec 29, 2018, 8:42 pm

If I book an aeroplan award flight from KIX-YVR,transiting through SFO travelling on
United Airlines KIX-SFO then
Air Canada SFO-YVR
will I have to re-check my luggage and have to go through US immigration upon arrival and then departure?
Old Dec 29, 2018, 8:47 pm

Programs: IHG Gold
Originally Posted by jubberly
If I book an aeroplan award flight from KIX-YVR,transiting through SFO travelling on
United Airlines KIX-SFO then
Air Canada SFO-YVR
will I have to re-check my luggage and have to go through US immigration upon arrival and then departure?
You will go through US immigration at SFO. Luggage will be tagged all the way to YVR but you must pick up at SFO to clear customs.
jubberly likes this.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 2:42 am

Programs: Platinum Zirconium in Life, aeroplan, FB, Avios, IHG
There were a few days in 2018 that Flying Blue was a part of Amex Canada transfer partner.and buzz around it coming and staying.

What is the latest? Will other partners be added this year preferably flying blue, WestJet and SQ?
Old Jan 3, 2019, 3:49 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Originally Posted by aeroman380
There were a few days in 2018 that Flying Blue was a part of Amex Canada transfer partner.and buzz around it coming and staying.

What is the latest? Will other partners be added this year preferably flying blue, WestJet and SQ?
SQ just got devalued, so maybe?
Old Jan 4, 2019, 8:35 am

Has anybody self referred for a second Amex SPG using the same Marriott account number?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.