MilesBuzz: Canada

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 13, 2013, 10:15 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jerry305
CANADIAN REFERENCE ON FLYERTALK
Canadian Credit Card Master List - Curated for Best Offer A complete listing of all the major credit cards in Canada along with their sign-up bonus, annual fee, CPM, and other pertinent information.

AMEX recent discussion American Express Canada application and reward strategies (2018)Which credit card should I get?Cards with good bonusesList of Credit Cards with Great Welcome bonuses (RFD version)
BLOGS
Canadian KilometersPointsNerdRewards CanadaDon't Call the Airline!PointshoggerCanadian Travel Hacking
CONFERENCE
PointsU conference (2018 & 2019 website)
Print Wikipost

MilesBuzz: Canada

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2015, 9:26 pm

Programs: *void
Originally Posted by Cphil1
I guess I'll ask since it is an Amex plat (Canadian version).

There's been talk of an ultra bonus you can talk yourself into;

100k MR for 10K$ spend. As if 3K$ wasn't bad enough last year, this year it's about 5K$ biz or 10K$ Plat spend.
Sorry, no suggestions for MS'ing. But, I've gotta ask. There is a CANADIAN Amex Plat offer for 100k MR for 10K$ spending?
Old Jan 6, 2015, 10:11 pm

Originally Posted by JJonahJ
Sorry, no suggestions for MS'ing. But, I've gotta ask. There is a CANADIAN Amex Plat offer for 100k MR for 10K$ spending?
After reading his post I had to call Amex and try to negotiate that deal - no luck at all
Old Jan 6, 2015, 10:31 pm

Originally Posted by zer0k1
After reading his post I had to call Amex and try to negotiate that deal - no luck at all
Canadian or US?

Or this (US only?): http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...l#post24116149
Old Jan 7, 2015, 4:47 am

Originally Posted by pokee
AirMiles dream miles really blow. They're useless now that there's no gift cards. It doesn't seem you can convert them to anything useful. I may get a cordless phone answering machine with the 2000 points I have (yeah, I should be able to get a $500 airfare with that, and I am thinking of redeeming for a $70 phone). It's so bad I am surprised that they are still able to make enough money to run the program...
I know.....I used up my last bit of Dream miles on a mini food processor just to get rid of most of them, then switched all my collection to Cash Rewards, so I can cash them in for groceries. I'm a very, very low level collector, and gift cards were all I ever collected towards.
Old Jan 7, 2015, 6:58 am

Canadian or US?

Or this (US only?): http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...l#post24116149
US only
Old Jan 7, 2015, 6:20 pm

Programs: BA,Aeroplan,Delta, SPG, Marriot, IHG
Airmiles account

Can BMO airmiles pooled? I don't have an airmiles account. Can I link my spouse's airmile account when applying for BMO master card?
Old Jan 7, 2015, 7:45 pm

Originally Posted by peacestar
Can BMO airmiles pooled? I don't have an airmiles account. Can I link my spouse's airmile account when applying for BMO master card?
Wife and I have done it with our BMO MCs (no-fee) and Amex Airmiles Plat (FYF) CCs. All cards post points into one single Airmiles account. I mentioned it recently, here at the Amex thread.
Old Jan 7, 2015, 7:59 pm

Programs: BA,Aeroplan,Delta, SPG, Marriot, IHG
Wife and I have done it with our BMO MCs (no-fee) and Amex Airmiles Plat (FYF) CCs. All cards post points into one single Airmiles account. I mentioned it recently, here at the Amex thread.
thanks JJonah. I knew about Amex but did know whether we can pool BMO as well. Thx a lot.
Old Jan 7, 2015, 8:15 pm

Programs: 25 million points to burn!
So I'd like to bless someone here with these: I've got 3 Maple Leaf Lounge passes that expire February 28, 2015 that I'd like to give away. Free. No strings. I just can't use them and would like to see someone on here enjoy them. PM me if you want them, and I'll mail them up to you.

***Gone!

Last edited by Preacher7; Jan 10, 2015 at 9:00 pm
Old Jan 7, 2015, 8:47 pm

Originally Posted by Preacher7
So I'd like to bless someone here with these: I've got 3 Maple Leaf Lounge passes that expire February 28, 2015 that I'd like to give away. Free. No strings. I just can't use them and would like to see someone on here enjoy them. PM me if you want them, and I'll mail them up to you.
Great offer, can you clarify for us whether those are from TD (Reward flights on AC flights ONLY), or regular MLL passes from Air Canada?

I wouldn't need them, but hopefully they go to those in need
Old Jan 7, 2015, 9:03 pm

I got them with the TD Aeroplan Infinite cards. I don't think you need to be using them for Reward flights, but you do need to be flying AC. Hope that helps.
Old Jan 7, 2015, 9:07 pm

I got them with the TD Aeroplan Infinite cards. I don't think you need to be using them for Reward flights, but you do need to be flying AC. Hope that helps.
I have the same passes (2), it says
"this pass is valid in conjunction with a confirmed same-day departing Aeroplan ClassicFlight or Market Fare flight reward ticket ..... operated by Air Canada, AC Express, or AC Rouge"

= Reward flights only
= AC flights only
= Useless for many, ha
Old Jan 7, 2015, 9:13 pm

You're right! I looked and sure enough, they are only if you're traveling on reward flights. Never knew. That really does limit their usefulness. But if anyone is still interested, let me know...

***Gone!

Last edited by Preacher7; Jan 10, 2015 at 9:01 pm
Old Jan 7, 2015, 9:38 pm

You're right! I looked and sure enough, they are only if you're traveling on reward flights. Never knew. That really does limit their usefulness. But if anyone is still interested, let me know...
Such a generous offer. The FT-world needs more kind souls like you!

You probably should post in this thread instead:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-c...-mll-pass.html

I have so many leftover Aero-affiliated MLL passes that I should have given them away earlier last year. For a while, the lounge dragon were allowing you to use them EVEN if not on an award flight...but, I gave some to my brother and friends recently during Nov and Dec, and they said they are now laying down the law....HAS to be on an Aero-reward booking and AC metal. Oh well....ker-flush!!!
Old Jan 8, 2015, 7:09 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Bonvoy, Alaska, Avios
I have 4 of those passes too if anyone is interested, no charge.

[GONE]

Last edited by mikeycanuk; Jan 8, 2015 at 8:56 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.