MilesBuzz: Canada

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 13, 2013, 10:15 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jerry305
CANADIAN REFERENCE ON FLYERTALK
Canadian Credit Card Master List - Curated for Best Offer A complete listing of all the major credit cards in Canada along with their sign-up bonus, annual fee, CPM, and other pertinent information.

AMEX recent discussion American Express Canada application and reward strategies (2018)Which credit card should I get?Cards with good bonusesList of Credit Cards with Great Welcome bonuses (RFD version)
BLOGS
Canadian KilometersPointsNerdRewards CanadaDon't Call the Airline!PointshoggerCanadian Travel Hacking
CONFERENCE
PointsU conference (2018 & 2019 website)
Print Wikipost

MilesBuzz: Canada

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2017, 9:14 pm

I had Alaska card that I cancelled a couple of months ago, and got the 2% cash back mbna card instead. Both cards had been showing up in my online account until about a couple of weeks ago, when I suddenly could not log in any more. I called, they fixed something, now I can log in fine, but only the current active 2% cash back card is showing in my profile. Alaska card is no longer showing there.

My plan is to reapply for the Alaska card about 3 months after cancelling. Will they approve it if I currently have another active mbna card (non-Alaska)?
Old Feb 9, 2017, 9:39 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy, Aeroplan, Best Western, IHG Rewards, AAdvantage, Executive Club
Originally Posted by echino
I had Alaska card that I cancelled a couple of months ago, and got the 2% cash back mbna card instead. Both cards had been showing up in my online account until about a couple of weeks ago, when I suddenly could not log in any more. I called, they fixed something, now I can log in fine, but only the current active 2% cash back card is showing in my profile. Alaska card is no longer showing there.

My plan is to reapply for the Alaska card about 3 months after cancelling. Will they approve it if I currently have another active mbna card (non-Alaska)?
I am having trouble logging into my MBNA online account too. When I spoke to tech support they said they are having a system wide issue with the online login. Hope it is resolved soon.
Old Feb 9, 2017, 11:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: A loyal Amerisuites customer... oh wait
Originally Posted by pointshogger
I am having trouble logging into my MBNA online account too. When I spoke to tech support they said they are having a system wide issue with the online login. Hope it is resolved soon.
Yes, I've tried every day since Saturday to log in. It's quite the issue they're having.
Old Feb 9, 2017, 11:30 pm

Programs: *void
Guys, as I mentioned in my post, just call MBNA's online banking support and mention that you've heard that cancelled cards at the online page is the issue and they should be able to fix it for you. If that's your case, I mean.
Old Feb 10, 2017, 6:47 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy, Aeroplan, Best Western, IHG Rewards, AAdvantage, Executive Club
Originally Posted by JJonahJ
Guys, as I mentioned in my post, just call MBNA's online banking support and mention that you've heard that cancelled cards at the online page is the issue and they should be able to fix it for you. If that's your case, I mean.
Mine is an active card. Glad there's a fix for cancelled cards at least.
Old Feb 10, 2017, 9:46 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JJonahJ
And furthermore: "You have...hmm, let me see....<counting, counting, counting...> 13 closed card accounts!". And I said "Ooopsies!".

JJJ, the Muttley-Lover
Ah. I didn't realize that having one cancelled card in my profile would be causing the login problem. I have 12 less cancelled cards in my profile than you did.

Old Feb 10, 2017, 3:01 pm

Originally Posted by jerry305
I have 12 less cancelled cards in my profile than you did.
Jerry, kick off those sandals and put some running shoes on!
Old Feb 10, 2017, 3:08 pm

Originally Posted by echino

Should be no problem. Even better, actually. MBNA had been delaying our card applications because of the duplicate concurrent/active cards in our files, so they decided to shut down our older cards, before continuing with the process. Now we are cancelling our cards ahead of time, before applying for that same card product, so that they don't do it for us on our behalf.
Old Feb 10, 2017, 6:19 pm

I had them shut down my profile because of the cancelled cards still sitting there. I created a new one when I got my new AS MC.
Old Feb 13, 2017, 7:01 pm

My sister canceles her rbc westjet mastercard not knowing she would lose her unused 99$ companion flight. She now needs one, what is the chance of opening a new account 2 montha later? Will she get her westjet dollars and companion voucher? The card has an up front annual fee so as long as shes paying that she should be fine I would think?

Any experience with this or any other rbc mastercard?
Old Feb 13, 2017, 10:20 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by hearna
My sister canceles her rbc westjet mastercard not knowing she would lose her unused 99$ companion flight. She now needs one, what is the chance of opening a new account 2 montha later? Will she get her westjet dollars and companion voucher? The card has an up front annual fee so as long as shes paying that she should be fine I would think?

Alternative:
You could apply for the card yourself, and buy the ticket and companion fare through your card.
Old Feb 13, 2017, 11:42 pm

Originally Posted by jerry305
Alternative:
You could apply for the card yourself, and buy the ticket and companion fare through your card.
Believe for that to work one of the pax has to be the card or voucher holder.
Old Feb 14, 2017, 7:01 pm

If she can get approved thru an online application,then she would also get the $250 welcome wj dollars,as well as new companion ticket voucher.If she is not immediately approved and has to call....then the old account may be reopened and she would have to wait for the next year's companion voucher.
Old Feb 14, 2017, 7:07 pm

A pax has to be the cardholder.The pax for the voucher has to be booked on the same flight as the c/h.
Old Feb 14, 2017, 11:15 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jubberly
A pax has to be the cardholder.The pax for the voucher has to be booked on the same flight as the c/h.
Sorry. Thank you for correcting me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.