MilesBuzz: Canada

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 13, 2013, 10:15 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jerry305
CANADIAN REFERENCE ON FLYERTALK
Canadian Credit Card Master List - Curated for Best Offer A complete listing of all the major credit cards in Canada along with their sign-up bonus, annual fee, CPM, and other pertinent information.

AMEX recent discussion American Express Canada application and reward strategies (2018) • Which credit card should I get? • Cards with good bonuses • List of Credit Cards with Great Welcome bonuses (RFD version)
BLOGS
Canadian Kilometers • PointsNerd • Rewards Canada • Don't Call the Airline! • Pointshogger • Canadian Travel Hacking
CONFERENCE
• PointsU conference (2018 & 2019 website)
Print Wikipost

MilesBuzz: Canada

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6, 2016, 8:31 pm
Suspended

Programs: Anything with sweet spots
Originally Posted by ecgz88
anyone have tried switch RBC card? is it possible switch from BA to Avion card with no credit check and get 15K bonus points?
RBC Avion Visa Infinite welcome bonus terms say:
Originally Posted by http://www.rbcroyalbank.com/credit-cards/travel-credit-cards/infinite-avion.html#legal
Additional cardholder(s), as well as cardholder(s) with existing RBC Royal Bank travel rewards credit cards, applying for or transferring to an RBC Visa Infinite Avion card as of the offer eligibility period, are not eligible for this offer
The question is which cards are considered or not as travel rewards credit cards ?
Old Nov 6, 2016, 10:30 pm

Additional cardholder(s), as well as existing RBC Visa Infinite Avion, Visa Platinum Avion, Cathay Pacific Visa Platinum, RBCŪ British Airways Visa Infinite‡, RBC Rewards Visa Preferred cardholders, applying for or transferring to an RBC Visa Infinite Avion card as of the offer eligibility period, are not eligible for this offer.
Old Nov 7, 2016, 7:52 pm

Programs: *void
Posted this at the Chase Marriott Visa thread, but repeating it here as this thread seems to get more traffic.

https://mrpoints.chirpify.com/mrpoints/register

Earn up to 1,500 points by December 7th, 2016.
It’s easy as 1, 2, 3

2. Then, Connect your Facebook, Instagram and Twitter profiles to your Marriott RewardsŪ account for 500 points each (a total of 1,500 points)
Old Nov 8, 2016, 10:56 am

Programs: Aeroplan 50K, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Aeroplan Terms and Conditions:

Effective December 6, 2016, changes to unused flight rewards (i.e. flight date(s), flight time(s), class of service, routing and/or itinerary) may be made up to a minimum of two hours prior to departure. A fee of C$100.00 plus taxes per direction, per ticket will apply. This fee is non-refundable.

and

Effective December 6, 2016, unused and valid flight rewards may be refunded, along with any applicable Taxes, Fees and Surcharges associated with such flight rewards, in the original form of payment made by the Aeroplan Member at the time such flight reward bookings were made, up to 22 days before the scheduled date of departure. A C$150.00 fee plus taxes per ticket will apply. This fee is non-refundable.
Old Nov 10, 2016, 6:02 am
Suspended

I was thinking that it would be nice to have A Milesbuzz Canada sub-forum rather than a long and tangled thread. I find it inconvenient having to piece threads together that are interspersed among varying topics.
Anyone else agree?
Old Nov 10, 2016, 6:44 am

Originally Posted by BenSenise
I was thinking that it would be nice to have A Milesbuzz Canada sub-forum rather than a long and tangled thread. I find it inconvenient having to piece threads together that are interspersed among varying topics.
Anyone else agree?
Yes, I definitely agree! Great idea!
Old Nov 14, 2016, 10:29 am

Programs: Aeroplan 50K, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond
RBC Avion to Avios 50% conversion bonus is back!

Valid until December 17th, 2016.
Old Nov 14, 2016, 12:33 pm

Originally Posted by BenSenise
Anyone else agree?
+1 !!!
Old Nov 14, 2016, 7:15 pm

Originally Posted by loun80
RBC Avion to Avios 50% conversion bonus is back!

Valid until December 17th, 2016.
So what's the point of the RBC Avios card? Avion seems better in every way and smaller AF too. Am I missing something?
Old Nov 14, 2016, 9:51 pm

Originally Posted by dmt0
So what's the point of the RBC Avios card? Avion seems better in every way and smaller AF too. Am I missing something?
Spend $30k in a calendar year on the RBC BA card and you'll get a companion award eVoucher
Old Nov 15, 2016, 12:58 am
F 1

From your experience, approximately how many days does it take for the Avion - Avios transfer to happen?

If I call Avios to book a reward ticket, do they hold the ticket for 5 days while I transfer my points? I recall AA did that one time for me.
Old Nov 15, 2016, 9:07 am

Originally Posted by F 1
From your experience, approximately how many days does it take for the Avion - Avios transfer to happen?

If I call Avios to book a reward ticket, do they hold the ticket for 5 days while I transfer my points? I recall AA did that one time for me.
For me,usually within 5 business days.Make sure your name and address matches between RBC and Avios and make sure the RBC rep uses the correct card #( ie primary card # with RBC if using Avios membership registered in the primary's name or co applicant card # if using Avios membership registered in the coapplicants name)
Old Nov 15, 2016, 10:06 am

5 Marriott Rewards / $1 spend at Starwood

I just received an email.... I've been waiting for this. Great option for out of Canada travel:

We can now earn 5 Marriott Reward points per Canadian dollar at Starwood properties using our Chase Canada Marriott Visa to pay:

"Earning Rewards: You will earn 5 points per CAD$1 in qualifying purchases made at participating Marriott and The Ritz-Carlton hotels, and at all Starwood-branded hotels which participate in Starwood Preferred Guest ("SPGŪ"), including participating: Four Points Hotels, Sheraton Hotels, Aloft Hotels, W Hotels, Le Meriden Hotels, Element Hotels, Westin Hotels, St. Regis Hotels, Tribute Portfolio, Design Hotels and The Luxury Collection. .... "

It starts 1 December.
Old Nov 15, 2016, 11:15 am

Got a similar email from AmEx regarding the SPG amex. Earn 2 SPG points for every dollar spent at all SPG and Marriott properties , worth six Marriott points per dollar

The SPG amex is now the best card for Marriott and SPG stays within Canada due to the forex fee for international stays.

This starts November 15, so effective immediately.
Old Nov 15, 2016, 11:38 am

Originally Posted by crimsona
Got a similar email from AmEx regarding the SPG amex. Earn 2 SPG points for every dollar spent at all SPG and Marriott properties , worth six Marriott points per dollar

The SPG amex is now the best card for Marriott and SPG stays within Canada due to the forex fee for international stays.

This starts November 15, so effective immediately.
Yes, that's a great one too.
My plan is SPG Amex for domestic and Marriott Visa for international.
We're going on a one year travel sabbatical in july. So the Marriott Visa changes are pretty significant for us.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.