Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

36 British Airways Avios Per Dollar Spent at Nordstrom (Expired)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

36 British Airways Avios Per Dollar Spent at Nordstrom (Expired)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2012, 7:40 pm

Originally Posted by keirnna
Staples is terrible to deal with gift cards. They will not let you return them no matter what.
If you get stuck with Nordstrom gift cards, you can reduce you loss by selling them. Unfortunately, most gc resellers only offer 87% value for Nordstrom, but you could go through MyDealsAndCoupons to giftcards.com. There you can sell the cards for 86% of their value and get 3.2% cash back for a total of 89.2% of the face value. Not great, but if you bought the gcs at a discount or got lots of points, it might not be too bad. Note that giftcards.com won't buy cards worth more than $300 so you might need to go to Nordstrom to ask them to break up the value into multiple cards.

In case anyone is interested: here is my referral link
Old Feb 12, 2012, 9:12 pm

Programs: Hyatt Platinum, CC Gold, AA, BA, UA
Interesting update. I received my merchandise and two of the sweaters did not fit well. Went into Nordstrom with the online receipt and explained that my mom had bought them for me and I did not want her knowing I was returning them...what could we do. The clerk explained that as long as we had the receipt, she could refund me in cash or to any credit card I wanted. Since this is not being pushed back through the system like a normal return, I will let you know what happens with the miles. It has been 3 days and they are still showing.
Old Feb 12, 2012, 9:17 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by teege
I have a feeling a Nordstrom in-store employee wouldn't know how this works.
+1
Old Feb 12, 2012, 9:54 pm

Originally Posted by evan410
Interesting update. I received my merchandise and two of the sweaters did not fit well. Went into Nordstrom with the online receipt and explained that my mom had bought them for me and I did not want her knowing I was returning them...what could we do. The clerk explained that as long as we had the receipt, she could refund me in cash or to any credit card I wanted. Since this is not being pushed back through the system like a normal return, I will let you know what happens with the miles. It has been 3 days and they are still showing.

Good update! Keep us posted! Let me know as I might do just this.

Or

I am thinking of just returning it to another debit card AFTER the points post. Im assuming they cant take it away after it posts.
Old Feb 12, 2012, 10:41 pm

Programs: I was loyal to One Pass & Star Alliance before FT ... now I value all miles and programs
Originally Posted by evan410

Great idea! I just returned a few things today that didn't fit well. I went to two different Nordstroms to explain my situation but none of the folks I talked to knew what to do to get around the system. I tried it without a receipt at the first, but they weren't taking it ... and rightfully so.

When they took your items, did they still have to look up your online order? If so, the return might still show in the system regardless of how it's paid out, but good luck!
Old Feb 12, 2012, 11:01 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
Darn...I waited too long.
I thought this promo was good until 2/13!
Old Feb 12, 2012, 11:08 pm

Originally Posted by lrluis
I tried it without a receipt at the first, but they weren't taking it ... and rightfully so.
That's odd. Nordstrom is famous for impeccable customer service and lenient refund/exchange policies. I can't imagine them refusing your return just because you didn't provide a receipt?
Old Feb 13, 2012, 6:30 am

Originally Posted by Frayed_Yak
Darn...I waited too long.
I thought this promo was good until 2/13!
Actually it's dead now. It's 4 avios/dollar normally. 3X is 12.
Old Feb 13, 2012, 6:59 am

Originally Posted by turtleisland
Same story! Let's hope something turns up on Monday.
No extra pending points as of this morning.
Old Feb 13, 2012, 9:45 am

Programs: AA, BA, CO
As of this morning .... I see them doubling (24pnts/$1) my points.,,,, but not tripple (36pnts/$1) as it should be.

I spent $830 with them and so far I have 19,956 Avios pending .... it should be 29,916.

Also ... one of the items $259 was not available so they just e-mailed me to let me know they'll refund me. Curious to see if they'll take Avios out for that 1 item.

P.S. A few weeks ago I considered Avios to be sh*t .... but after looking at great reward for South America travel, I am starting to like this program. Just don't fly to Europe.
Old Feb 13, 2012, 9:54 am

I think the best value for avios is for those of us on the west coast. 25000 to Maui or 20000 to anchorage on Alaska airlines is great use of points.
Old Feb 13, 2012, 2:48 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Igor718
Curious to see if they'll take Avios out for that 1 item.
If? Why wouldn't they remove the points?
Old Feb 13, 2012, 3:34 pm

I realize now I should have ordered a lot more than I did because my $5000 order has slowly become a $1500 order as they are out of stock of nearly everything. And $1500 worth of points isn't worth my time.
Old Feb 13, 2012, 4:09 pm

Originally Posted by keirnna
I realize now I should have ordered a lot more than I did because my $5000 order has slowly become a $1500 order as they are out of stock of nearly everything. And $1500 worth of points isn't worth my time.
It's been surprising to hear from different people how Nordstrom.com is OOS on many items ordered. Does not speak volume about their availability levels, which is strange....
Old Feb 13, 2012, 4:22 pm

So now that the promo's dead, what did folks order for reselling? I couldn't get the Beats to work for me, I was just too afraid of getting burned on resell given that Monster and Beats have ended their relationship. I ended up buying a bunch of stuff, but for keeping and surprising my lovely wife. Ordinarily I wouldn't shop at Nordstrom, but Cole Haan, Clinique, Jo Malone, Kate Spade, this stuff rarely goes on sale so we stocked up.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.