Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

36 British Airways Avios Per Dollar Spent at Nordstrom (Expired)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

36 British Airways Avios Per Dollar Spent at Nordstrom (Expired)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2012, 1:44 pm

I have a feeling a Nordstrom in-store employee wouldn't know how this works.

Originally Posted by shmoosh1285
I was at Nordstrom yesterday and asked what would happen if you returned merchandise to a gift card. They said you would lose the points. Anyone else have thoughts / experience with this?

Also, what do you think might happen if you used some points and then returned some merchandise? Would BA try to charge you for the points.
Old Feb 11, 2012, 2:33 pm

Just noticed at Staples today that they have Nordstrom gift cards up to $200 value, worth 1000 UR points when paid with Ink Bold. That would have combined nicely with this promo if the promo was still valid! Oh well, next time.
Old Feb 11, 2012, 2:44 pm

Programs: Skywards Platinum
Originally Posted by mattolo
Same here. Ordered on 2/8 and I have two entries in my shopping history - "Nordstrom" and "Bonus Avios". From The Points Guy's screenshot we should have another entry that says "Nordstrom Bonus Avios". I hope this appears soon as I know I entered the bonus code.
My points are showing up in my purchase history today, but opposite to the posters above experience I am seeing the line listed items with 12x points and the Nordstrom Bonus Avios, but not Bonus Avios.
Old Feb 11, 2012, 10:12 pm

Programs: BA/AA/UA
For now, just take a screen shot of your order and the page where it said the coupon nordx3 was verified
Hope this works better than the AA deal did. It took me hours upon hours of wasted time to get Nordstroms to credit the miles I legitimately earned--and I wasn't returning anything. Once burned...

Congrats to those who scored anyway.
Old Feb 11, 2012, 11:04 pm

Programs: Starwood, Delta, American Airlines, USA, United
Originally Posted by dcmke
Hi all,

Longtime FlyerTalk lurker. I was actually the one who alerted TPG to this promotion. The miles from my purchase on January 27th just posted to my Avios account today, and it was indeed 36x (so it seems like there is a two week wait). It sounds like they've lowered the promo down to 12x now, so hopefully everyone gets their miles! If it does work out, I'm happy that I was able to finally contribute to something to the FF community!
Thanks lurker DCMKE! welcome to flyertalk!
Old Feb 12, 2012, 7:25 am

Originally Posted by bangkokiscool
Just noticed at Staples today that they have Nordstrom gift cards up to $200 value, worth 1000 UR points when paid with Ink Bold. That would have combined nicely with this promo if the promo was still valid! Oh well, next time.
I can't believe I didn't think of that. Nice find for the next Nordstrom promo
Old Feb 12, 2012, 10:31 am

Here's a new one...anyone else's pending points showing up as "0" for the "Earned Points" column?
Old Feb 12, 2012, 11:50 am

Programs: DL PM, AS MVPG, Hyatt DIA, PC PLAT, Club Carl Gold, HH Gold, Accor Dia
I purchased at about 1am PST on 2/10 and points showed up in my e-store history to day as

Nordstrom ...$ ( 12x)

No mention of the "Avios bonus" line like others. Has there been a delay having that bonus show or am I going to miss out.

Portal showed 12x nordstrom plus I entered 3x promo code
Old Feb 12, 2012, 11:54 am

Originally Posted by OLYflyer
I purchased at about 1am PST on 2/10 and points showed up in my e-store history to day as

Nordstrom ...$ ( 12x)

No mention of the "Avios bonus" line like others. Has there been a delay having that bonus show or am I going to miss out.

Portal showed 12x nordstrom plus I entered 3x promo code
I purchased on the 9th, and I still don't have anything on the avios bonus, so i'm missing the last bonus as well.
Old Feb 12, 2012, 12:07 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Fairmont Platinum, Starwood Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by Mrgolfer21
I purchased on the 9th, and I still don't have anything on the avios bonus, so i'm missing the last bonus as well.
Same story! Let's hope something turns up on Monday.
Old Feb 12, 2012, 1:16 pm

Originally Posted by Frequent Miler
I can't believe I didn't think of that. Nice find for the next Nordstrom promo
I would not have taken the risk for an extra 5x. If GCs don't generate miles on the purchase you would lose out on 36x. Is 41x worth the potential outcome of 0x? Not just that but if the deal was not honored you lose the ability to return the merchandise and walk away because you are stuck with GCs. Similarly if you bought GCs and waited too long to get in on the deal, you are stuck with them. If there's one thing I've learned over the years is not to get too fancy with these deals.

Last edited by HikerT; Feb 12, 2012 at 1:22 pm
Old Feb 12, 2012, 1:42 pm

Programs: No preference
Originally Posted by HikerT
I would not have taken the risk for an extra 5x. If GCs don't generate miles on the purchase you would lose out on 36x. Is 41x worth the potential outcome of 0x? Not just that but if the deal was not honored you lose the ability to return the merchandise and walk away because you are stuck with GCs. Similarly if you bought GCs and waited too long to get in on the deal, you are stuck with them. If there's one thing I've learned over the years is not to get too fancy with these deals.
I usually take the gift card route for these deals, if there is the opportunity. Fortunately is worked out this time (miles posting), but I have had it not work out in the past. In all cases of it not working out, I have been able to have the gift cards cancelled and the funds credited back (Walmart, Walgreens to name two, both >$1000).
Old Feb 12, 2012, 2:07 pm

I suppose you might be able to purchase Nordstrom GCs at Staples, scratch off the security layer to reveal the code, use the GCs, then return items, have them credit funds back to the used GC, and return the used GC to Staples but requires a big leap of faith! But even if you can cover that angle, my bigger concern would be taking the risk on a one in a lifetime 36x deal. If it doesn't work out the risk is huge. You lose 36x and don't necessarily get another quarter to play again. It's not a risk I would take on a one-time 36x offer. I might do it all day long for an ongoing/repeatable 5x offer to double my payoff, but not 36x.
Old Feb 12, 2012, 5:20 pm

I suppose you might be able to purchase Nordstrom GCs at Staples, scratch off the security layer to reveal the code, use the GCs, then return items, have them credit funds back to the used GC, and return the used GC to Staples but requires a big leap of faith! But even if you can cover that angle, my bigger concern would be taking the risk on a one in a lifetime 36x deal. If it doesn't work out the risk is huge. You lose 36x and don't necessarily get another quarter to play again. It's not a risk I would take on a one-time 36x offer. I might do it all day long for an ongoing/repeatable 5x offer to double my payoff, but not 36x.
Yep, you make a good point.
Old Feb 12, 2012, 5:24 pm

Staples is terrible to deal with gift cards. They will not let you return them no matter what.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.