Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

36 British Airways Avios Per Dollar Spent at Nordstrom (Expired)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

36 British Airways Avios Per Dollar Spent at Nordstrom (Expired)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2012, 4:22 pm

Originally Posted by CodeAdam10
It's been surprising to hear from different people how Nordstrom.com is OOS on many items ordered. Does not speak volume about their availability levels, which is strange....
Right, far less prestigious retailers do a far better job of properly maintaining inventory. Interestingly enough I was told when I placed my order that several items were only available in qty of say 19 instead of 30, but then after placing my order 12 of them were canceled for being OOS! What gives!?
Old Feb 13, 2012, 4:28 pm

Originally Posted by keirnna
Right, far less prestigious retailers do a far better job of properly maintaining inventory. Interestingly enough I was told when I placed my order that several items were only available in qty of say 19 instead of 30, but then after placing my order 12 of them were canceled for being OOS! What gives!?
Perhaps they are cancelling multiple quantity orders and claiming the item to be OOS, when it's really not. Who knows, but it doesn't make sense for them to be OOS on many different items.
Old Feb 13, 2012, 4:37 pm

Originally Posted by CodeAdam10
Perhaps they are cancelling multiple quantity orders and claiming the item to be OOS, when it's really not. Who knows, but it doesn't make sense for them to be OOS on many different items.
I suspected this at first, but there's no rhyme or reason to it. For example I ordered something like 10 of each item in each color offered. Several of them have shipped in part, the rest are back ordered, then others just have 5 canceled, 1 shipped and 4 back ordered. It's odd. Either way I'll have enough miles to take the kids to Hong Kong for the weekend or something so it's all good!
Old Feb 13, 2012, 4:51 pm
KCW

I believe that especially for higher priced items (which were probably being purchased), Nordstrom does some of the fulfillment from the physical stores, which could account for the spotty inventory issues. I'm surprised as they typically have a pretty good system.
Old Feb 13, 2012, 4:55 pm

so still no 2nd sweep for the last 12X points posted for the orders placed after 2/3/2012 ?
Old Feb 13, 2012, 5:33 pm

Programs: DL DM; 2MM
I placed one order for 11 items totaling approx. $5.500-.
Consequently received the follow-up call, inquiring and verifying if indeed the order was legit and placed from Cape Town, South Africa
All items were received within days ^

Last edited by Travelomania; Feb 13, 2012 at 5:44 pm
Old Feb 13, 2012, 5:44 pm

Programs: Skywards Platinum
Originally Posted by Travelomania
Consequently received the follow-up call, inquiring and verifying if indeed the order was placed from Cape Town, South Africa
Wow, you received your orders within days to Cape Town? That is impressive, what service did they use for shipping?
Old Feb 13, 2012, 5:47 pm

Originally Posted by anchor79
so still no 2nd sweep for the last 12X points posted for the orders placed after 2/3/2012 ?
Doesn't look like it. I ordered on 2/6, got all my items today, but only have 24x. Can anyone confirm getting 36x on orders after 2/3?
Old Feb 13, 2012, 5:48 pm

Programs: Skywards Platinum
Originally Posted by bangkokiscool
So now that the promo's dead, what did folks order for reselling? I couldn't get the Beats to work for me, I was just too afraid of getting burned on resell given that Monster and Beats have ended their relationship. I ended up buying a bunch of stuff, but for keeping and surprising my lovely wife. Ordinarily I wouldn't shop at Nordstrom, but Cole Haan, Clinique, Jo Malone, Kate Spade, this stuff rarely goes on sale so we stocked up.
I ordered about $8k worth of stuff that I actually would use, or can give as gifts. Therefore, if I get around to selling some of it, even at a 20% loss, fine. If I don't end up selling I will likely use what I bought or can give away as birthday gifts, christmas presents, etc...

Most of what I bought was the Tumi luggage.
Old Feb 13, 2012, 6:51 pm

Does anyone see Nordstrom listed on the BA Estore? I cant find it there anymore? Whats the outcome is it still (12 per $1) x3 = 36x ???
Old Feb 13, 2012, 6:53 pm

Originally Posted by mords22
Does anyone see Nordstrom listed on the BA Estore? I cant find it there anymore? Whats the outcome is it still (12 per $1) x3 = 36x ???
Old Feb 13, 2012, 7:16 pm

Originally Posted by cyin
Doesn't look like it. I ordered on 2/6, got all my items today, but only have 24x. Can anyone confirm getting 36x on orders after 2/3?
I placed my order on 2/5, and got the 36x points, but it still shows as "pending" in payment status, and has not posted into my BA account.
Old Feb 13, 2012, 7:19 pm

Originally Posted by Travelomania
Consequently received the follow-up call, inquiring and verifying if indeed the order was legit and placed from Cape Town, South Africa
Didn't know they shipped overseas...just curious, how much did they charge for shipping?
Old Feb 13, 2012, 8:02 pm

Originally Posted by mords22
I guess we put them out of business
Old Feb 13, 2012, 8:09 pm

They are still there but only 4x. Put nordstrom in the search box at the BA shopping portal.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.