Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

36 British Airways Avios Per Dollar Spent at Nordstrom (Expired)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

36 British Airways Avios Per Dollar Spent at Nordstrom (Expired)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2012, 8:25 am

Programs: The Golden status boy
Originally Posted by prasha11
you need to search for 'Arbitrage' the word you used and described in your post.,,,,,.
Really?

And with that, our discussion is over. This isn't a billable hour
Old Jul 18, 2012, 10:05 am

Originally Posted by Stoughton
Returning item A on receipt for Item B is what's dishonest.
No, you are returning item A for item A. The only thing dishonest is that points will be taken away for an exchange unless you force the order of the processing, so you need to buy and return instead of return and buy.
Old Jul 18, 2012, 11:11 am

Originally Posted by RedRiver
You should read his link...

"Price arbitrage: Purchasing differently priced, but similar-looking merchandise and returning the cheaper item as the expensive one."

Also,

http://www.sitejabber.com/blog/2010/...-of-retailers/
I think there is an error(may be a bias?) on the part of the writer of linked article to use the word 'Arbitrage' and wrongly describe it. If you are curious to learn, find the definition of Arbitrage on the web, Price Arbitrage is buying the 'same' product and not 'similar-looking' at a different price from different place/vendor or at a different time.

Arbitrage is 'Legal' - Banksters do it all the time, no one goes to jail.

I am done with 'pro bono' explanation of 'Arbitrage' I do accept the fact there are always some that argue, defend but refuse to learn! -The end-

Last edited by prasha11; Jul 18, 2012 at 6:21 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.