Improved UA Explorer card offer

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Improved UA Explorer card offer

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2011, 10:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by wco81
I know the cutoff for getting both bonuses from the CO and MP cards is 7/19/11.

However, the verbiage says "United MileagePlus Explorer cardmembers will only receive one 50,000 bonus miles award if they apply for both the United Explorer Card and the Continental OnePass Plus Card after 7/19/2011."

Well I got a 25k bonus from the Continental OnePass card in September/October.

So I didn't get a 50,000 bonus miles award. Does that mean if I get this MP card, I'd get the 50k bonus?
It does not work this way - Chase focuses is the one-time opening bonus, not the amount of the bonus you get.

So in this case, you will get nothing.
Old Dec 2, 2011, 12:11 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL SM, UA MP.
I called card member services, spoke to a rep, who checked with her manager.

She said they're separate products so I would get the bonus.

So I took down her name and where she is (Springfield, MO) as well as the time of the conversation.

I submitted the app. Will see, I guess I can just cancel.
Old Dec 2, 2011, 3:38 pm

yes im SO confused

I just got the onepass card with the lower bonus. But I want the United one too. DO I get BOTH bonuses? I had a United visa like a year ago - but ive churned them in the past...maybe 3 mileage plus visas (differend FFT numbers) over 5 years....
thoughts?
Old Dec 2, 2011, 5:22 pm

Folks this is big news. Two of my family members just received the better offer (50k on first spend, 10k on $25000 spend). They had probably received 4-5 of the mailings for the lower offer in the past several months. Neither is a United elite. It seems like mass mailings are probably going out with a pretty low threshold for being targeted.

Anyone know if you can use the invitation code for someone else if the address is the same?

As to the bonus questions, the T&C say pretty clearly you can't get both the Continental and United bonuses if you apply for either card after 7/19/11.
Old Dec 2, 2011, 5:50 pm
Suspended

If you want to be lawyerly about it, it says you can only get one 50,000 mile bonus after 7/19/11.

Well I've only gotten one 25,000 mile bonus, not 50,000.

If they give me the MP bonus, then I will have gotten one 50,000 mile bonus in addition to the previous 25,000 mile bonus.
Old Dec 2, 2011, 6:11 pm

If you want to be lawyerly about it, it says you can only get one 50,000 mile bonus after 7/19/11.

Well I've only gotten one 25,000 mile bonus, not 50,000.

If they give me the MP bonus, then I will have gotten one 50,000 mile bonus in addition to the previous 25,000 mile bonus.
The T&C on the 25,000 offer say only one 25,000 bonus.

I guess you could argue you should be able to get one 25,000 bonus and one 50,000 bonus. I doubt Chase will be convinced.
Old Dec 3, 2011, 6:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by drbobguy
Folks this is big news. Two of my family members just received the better offer (50k on first spend, 10k on $25000 spend). They had probably received 4-5 of the mailings for the lower offer in the past several months. Neither is a United elite. It seems like mass mailings are probably going out with a pretty low threshold for being targeted.
I just changed our MP email settings to receive MP promos. Hopefully one of use will get the 50K offer.
Old Dec 4, 2011, 3:53 am

Programs: US Airways/SPG/Club Carlson (Gold)/United/Marriott Rewards Premier (Silver)/Priority Club Platinum
I called card member services, spoke to a rep, who checked with her manager.

She said they're separate products so I would get the bonus.

So I took down her name and where she is (Springfield, MO) as well as the time of the conversation.

I submitted the app. Will see, I guess I can just cancel.
Okay so from what you said if I got a CO chase all the way back in Jan. I can get the United 50K offer now? If so is the 50K targeted or public? If public can anyone please send me a link?

And I wonder if I also got a chase Marriott offer Nov would I even be approved for another Chase card now? How long do you have to wait to apply for another chase card?
Old Dec 4, 2011, 9:14 am
Suspended

Offer showed up for me when I logged into my MP account.
Old Dec 4, 2011, 4:12 pm

Programs: US Airways/SPG/Club Carlson (Gold)/United/Marriott Rewards Premier (Silver)/Priority Club Platinum
Okay thank you........I don't have a MP account guess I could make 1.
Old Dec 4, 2011, 6:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: AA Plat / UA NOTHING / Alaska 75K / Hyatt Diamond / SPG LT Plat / Marriott Gold / Priority Club Plat / Hertz Pres
Me too. Applied and was approved instantly. It even showed up under my Chase online account just a couple days later. ^
Old Dec 5, 2011, 5:52 pm
Used to be highman123

My 4 year old son just got the 50k on first use targeted offer via email. He has no miles in his account which is 2 years old...
Old Dec 5, 2011, 6:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just got my confirmation email -- 50K on first use. Once I get the card, use it and the miles post, I'll have enough with my CO miles for a C trip to Asia. Good stuff.

Last edited by PaulMSN; Dec 5, 2011 at 10:52 pm
Old Dec 6, 2011, 12:38 pm

My MP account shows only an offer for 40K. Does this mean I am not eligible for this 50K offer that everyone is taking an advantage of?
Old Dec 6, 2011, 12:45 pm

Programs: CO
I applied for the Continental MC year ago and rec'd 25K bonus miles, BUT had to pay a $85 annual fee. At the time it was a good deal for me because it got me the miles I needed for a RT ticket to Europe. In reading the posts on this thread it got me wondering (which is why I created an account ;-) ) can I cancel this card and get the UA MC or Visa for another mileage reward? Especially since the fee is waived? I didn't think before to try to open other accounts for more miles but it sounds like others are doing it successfully. Thanks in advance for any advice you can give me on this

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.