Search

[Expired]Alaska Air Visa - 40K bonus

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2011, 7:11 pm

Programs: Anything CC gives me
Originally Posted by frank_10b
ok, got u,
what is the biz offer and where is the link

by the way u have the link for the chase CO biz cc? where do I find the 30K offer, alll I can find is a 25K total offer

thanks!
The biz offer is on BOA's Small Business website. It's only 20k upon approval, but since I was planning on applying for a bunch, I thought I'd slot it in there along with the 40k. But looks like I'll have to go for 20k (biz) + 25k (pers). I'm running out of cards to apply and trying to chill it with Chase.

I actually don't know anything about the Chase CO Biz card.
Old Aug 18, 2011, 5:46 pm

Offer no longer available for the Visa with 40K miles?

Late in applying for this card, today I discovered that none of the links I have get me to the application. I called their 800-551-0839 and got someone who said I needed to have a 6-digit alpha/numeric promo code. I don't know if he really knows anything about this card but has anyone seen an actual promo code that might work for this. Maybe it was so popular they shut it down.Thanks!
Old Aug 18, 2011, 8:53 pm

See magic phone number here in the other thread.
Old Aug 19, 2011, 12:06 am

Programs: Anything CC gives me
Originally Posted by HikerT
UGH! I applied for the 25k bonus on Monday because the link to 40k was down. I had to apply on Monday because I already applied for a bunch of other cards that day. Was totally unaware of the other thread. Now going to try the bump.
Old Aug 19, 2011, 9:38 am

Programs: SPG PLT
Originally Posted by HikerT
Thanks, thought I was too late also!
Old Aug 19, 2011, 12:02 pm

September 12

I applied for the 40K signature visa on Aug. 7. I received the card yesterday and checked my Alaska Air online account. Only the 500 miles I got for signing up...

So I called CS and the operator said that the 40K would post on September 12. I still haven't activated the card because I don't want it (and the annual fee) if they are not going to post the 40K. I'm trying to be patient-- slow and steady wins the race...

Anyone else have to wait that long for them to post the miles?
Old Aug 19, 2011, 12:07 pm

Originally Posted by Middlebeiz
I applied for the 40K signature visa on Aug. 7. I received the card yesterday and checked my Alaska Air online account. Only the 500 miles I got for signing up...

So I called CS and the operator said that the 40K would post on September 12. I still haven't activated the card because I don't want it (and the annual fee) if they are not going to post the 40K. I'm trying to be patient-- slow and steady wins the race...

Why would they award you the points before you activate the card? People would sign up for cards, get the points, then never activate it.

They'll award you the 40k.
Old Aug 19, 2011, 1:31 pm

Programs: Lotz
Originally Posted by Jesperss
Why would they award you the points before you activate the card? People would sign up for cards, get the points, then never activate it.

They'll award you the 40k.
Actually several of us have had the 40K post before we activated the card or even got it in the mail. May be a wrinkle BofA has ironed out lately.
Old Aug 19, 2011, 2:34 pm

Location: EWR Ionosphere Club, LAX Clipper Club, Still Traveling Global, yearly BIS miles
Programs: EAL Silver Wings, I-Club, Flying Colonels DL, WorldPass PLat from the olde Meatball and PE SMARTbank
Originally Posted by sdbarb
Late in applying for this card, today I discovered that none of the links I have get me to the application. I called their 800-551-0839 and got someone who said I needed to have a 6-digit alpha/numeric promo code. I don't know if he really knows anything about this card but has anyone seen an actual promo code that might work for this. Maybe it was so popular they shut it down.Thanks!
my gift to FT
code
vaazaq
Old Aug 19, 2011, 3:01 pm

Location: EWR Ionosphere Club, LAX Clipper Club, Still Traveling Global, yearly BIS miles
Programs: EAL Silver Wings, I-Club, Flying Colonels DL, WorldPass PLat from the olde Meatball and PE SMARTbank
Any bonuses avail. for new members right now?
thanks!
Old Aug 20, 2011, 5:46 am

Originally Posted by Middlebeiz

My wife received her sign up bonus before the card arrived in the mail. I received the card and have not received the bonus miles. The offer was for miles awarded on approval. We both applied at the same time, but approval times may have varied as neither of us got instant approval. Perhaps the miles post in batches at certain set points in time. I applied for a second card in hopes of snagging another bonus, and wonder if maybe I won't get them at all on account of that. I haven't yet called to inquire.
Old Aug 23, 2011, 11:15 am

so are you guys not activating the card to avoid the annual fee and the miles still post???? if you don't activate it will they take the miles back????
Old Aug 23, 2011, 11:22 am

Programs: Alaska & Hyatt
Originally Posted by debwany24
so are you guys not activating the card to avoid the annual fee and the miles still post???? if you don't activate it will they take the miles back????
yes they give you points for nothing...
Old Aug 23, 2011, 11:23 am

Programs: AA,DL,BA,UA,SPG, and any other free trip!
Originally Posted by dakid23
yes they give you points for nothing...
Are you sure about that? I saw an annual fee on my card, and I had not activated it yet....it takes a while for it...like a few weeks to see that annual fee post on the acct.
Old Aug 23, 2011, 12:01 pm

I suppose someone could roll the dice and see what happens. I'm not sure $75 is worth a credit inquiry and nothing to show for it if you lose the bet a few months down the road (not to mention you get 2 companion tickets for that $75 investment - one now and one at renewal).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.