Reload this Page >

[Expired]Alaska Air Visa - 40K bonus

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Expired]Alaska Air Visa - 40K bonus

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2011, 6:43 am

Programs: Any program with a credit card, or good prices.
Originally Posted by Bored_Russian
Is this still open for new applications?
When I click on the link I see the sign up screen, I did not submit an application but I see the application form.
Old Jul 11, 2011, 1:24 pm

Offer still available

Last edited by cutnana; Jul 11, 2011 at 3:12 pm
Old Jul 11, 2011, 3:54 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold, AMEX Platinum, Global Entry
Smile Approved...eventually

Applied online today and got the dreaded "considering your application and will mail a response within 30 days."
Wasn't pleased so called to speak with one of their credit analysts, and after a few questions he approved me for a $3000 line. I let him know that I was interested in the VISA Signature card in order to obtain the sign on bonus (which he surprisingly was very receptive to). Asked a few more questions before he approved me for the Signature Card with a $5000 line. Success!
Old Jul 11, 2011, 4:59 pm

Programs: A little bit of miles and points scattered everywhere
Originally Posted by cutnana
Offer still available
somewhere i read its available until 7/30, but I dont see that anywhere on the application page. does anyone know the definitive date?
Old Jul 21, 2011, 12:54 pm

Programs: A little bit of miles and points scattered everywhere
any info on which bureau was pulled in CA, specifically northern CA? I scanned the thread and have seen Equifax and Experian both indicated. i would prefer it to be Experian. Citi and Chase both pull Equifax in my area.
Old Jul 21, 2011, 1:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by koctail
any info on which bureau was pulled in CA, specifically northern CA? I scanned the thread and have seen Equifax and Experian both indicated. i would prefer it to be Experian. Citi and Chase both pull Equifax in my area.
I'm not sure if such info is dependable. According to both my experience and thread in the Credit Card Forum, Citi can pull from different bureaus at different times of month, for the very same person! One speculation I recall (from one of those threads in the Credit Card Forum) is that they have a monthly allotment with one bureau for certain areas, and when they use that up they switch to the other bureau, rather than consistently always using the same bureau for all pulls in a given area.

And if Citi does that, despite you not being aware of it, how can you be sure BofA doesn't do the same thing?
Old Jul 23, 2011, 4:53 pm

Link and 40k for biz card

Originally Posted by HikerT
Maybe just me then, or could be that I applied for the Biz and Personal at the same time. One of the pulls showed up as FIA CSNA, the other 3 were listed as Bank of America.
Hi. Do you have a link for the biz card and if so did you get 40k for it? Thanks!
Old Jul 23, 2011, 7:44 pm

After applying online, I did not get instantly approved or denied. It said something like instant approval cannot be given at this time, will let you know within 30 days.

What is the phone number to call to inquire (reconsideration number) to speak to live person?
Old Jul 23, 2011, 7:47 pm

Programs: AA, SWA, CO, UA, PC Plat, HH Gold, SPG
Originally Posted by metoo
After applying online, I did not get instantly approved or denied. It said something like instant approval cannot be given at this time, will let you know within 30 days.

What is the phone number to call to inquire (reconsideration number) to speak to live person?
The same thing happened to me last month - the first time I hadn't been instantly approved, so I figured I was going to be declined. I have opened/closed several cards in the last year. But two weeks later I got the card in the mail!
Old Jul 24, 2011, 1:56 am

Programs: PC Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz Gold, UA Gold, DL Silver
Applied and approved on the spot. Haven't even activated the card and the 40k hit my account along with 500 miles for signing up for the FF program. Checked online and some dates around Thanksgiving from SAN to HNL would be 40k R/T award redemption. Thanks OP!
Old Jul 24, 2011, 9:20 am

Called 877-721-9405 to inquire about status of application yesterday.

Spoke with someone and he couldn't give me info but said I was not approved and I will receive a letter in the mail in 7 - 10 business days explaining why and how i can get a free credit report.

Well, I guess 5 inquiries within 3 months would probably be the reason or that they were only able to receive Equifax from me.

Customer service said he doesn't know the reason and I will have to call on Monday....so therefore, it seems like no re-consideration at all since I have not been approved.

Just called again to explain that if I was not approved for the Visa Signature, I don't want any credit card from B of A. She said that is fine as I was not approved for Signature, Platinum or ? cards. lol

Last edited by metoo; Jul 24, 2011 at 9:35 am
Old Jul 24, 2011, 12:59 pm

Programs: UA, DL, AA, Sutherlands Lumber
You may have been forwarded to Asia.

I tried this number on a weekday went straight to a credit analyst and was approved.

Maybe try again Monday.

----------------

Whoops! I may have dialed 866-458-8805.

Last edited by pierre mclopez; Jul 24, 2011 at 1:21 pm
Old Jul 25, 2011, 7:46 am

GOT approved on the phone for visa signature card. Lady on weekend told me I was denied and couldn't give info. This morning, I called credit analyst who reversed the decision for me. Reason it was denied was because my Experian was blocked. I asked if she could check Equifax which she did and approved me.....This is the 6th credit pull since early May 2011. She said my credit report is excellent.

I almost gave up on this but wanted the 40k miles...
Old Jul 25, 2011, 3:07 pm

Programs: AS, DL
How long to get the card and FF?

Spoke to a credit analyst and got approved.

When can I expect the Alaska frequent flyer account to be created and the 40k miles deposited? (I don't currently have an Alaska frequent flyer account). I have an international trip in 10 days and would like to have the miles deposited into the account.

Also when can I expect the card?

Thanks.
Old Jul 25, 2011, 3:35 pm

Programs: AA, SWA, CO, UA, PC Plat, HH Gold, SPG
Originally Posted by koopas
Spoke to a credit analyst and got approved.

When can I expect the Alaska frequent flyer account to be created and the 40k miles deposited? (I don't currently have an Alaska frequent flyer account). I have an international trip in 10 days and would like to have the miles deposited into the account.

Also when can I expect the card?

Thanks.
I received my card two weeks after I applied and the 40k miles were in my account the day I got the card. If you don't have an account already established I'll assume they open one for you.

I received the two lounge passes and the companion certificate in the mail about a week later - but the companion cert was already showing up in the account so the paper version is just marketing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.