Reload this Page >

[Expired]Alaska Air Visa - 40K bonus

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Expired]Alaska Air Visa - 40K bonus

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17, 2011, 3:35 pm

Maybe just me then, or could be that I applied for the Biz and Personal at the same time. One of the pulls showed up as FIA CSNA, the other 3 were listed as Bank of America.
Old Jun 17, 2011, 6:04 pm

Originally Posted by InBur
Really a great card! I wish BOA wont pull Experian in Massachusetts. Can anybody confirm it?
Lock down experian and force them to pull Equifax alone.
Old Jun 18, 2011, 12:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Originally Posted by althes
Lock down experian and force them to pull Equifax alone.
Have you had sucess doing this? I ask as it sounds fishy.
Old Jun 18, 2011, 12:34 pm

Programs: A few
Originally Posted by UA Fan
Have you had sucess doing this? I ask as it sounds fishy.
Actually nothing fishy about this. If you have a problem with one particular bureau - for example too many inquiries - you can put a lock on your credit so that nobody can pull it. By default most companies will generally just try their "second choice" so they'd probably go Equifax. Of course they may just deny and then if you appeal they'd ask why it's locked. You could always make up some mumbo jumbo but then it gets a bit fishier
Old Jun 18, 2011, 12:43 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: Hertz 5 star, Priceline Hotel bidder. AA PLT, 1MM.
Originally Posted by ma91pmh
Actually nothing fishy about this. If you have a problem with one particular bureau - for example too many inquiries - you can put a lock on your credit so that nobody can pull it. By default most companies will generally just try their "second choice" so they'd probably go Equifax. Of course they may just deny and then if you appeal they'd ask why it's locked. You could always make up some mumbo jumbo but then it gets a bit fishier
Since there are so many mistakes posted on credit bureaus reports, one could say there is an reporting error that needs to be fixed on Experian (EXP). Or there may be an ID theft issue with a specific lender that posts only on Experian. One of my loans only post on EXP. Not sure those are valid reasons but YMMV.

Too many lenders pull EXP. I have heard that AMEX will deny if they can't pull EXP.
Old Jun 20, 2011, 4:38 am

Programs: All of em...
from the t&c. Similar to Barclays:

"You will qualify for 40,000 bonus miles upon approval of a Visa Signature® account, 6,000 bonus miles upon approval of a Platinum Plus® account or 4,000 bonus miles upon approval of a Preferred account. "

Y U C K
Old Jun 20, 2011, 8:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Folks new to AS, one drawback of this program is that one cannot mix partners on an award booking, except for AS. So if you are in a place without AS service and/or partner service, this is might not be a good program.

Last edited by UA Fan; Jun 22, 2011 at 2:56 pm
Old Jun 22, 2011, 1:08 pm

Programs: A little bit of miles and points scattered everywhere
has anyone actually rec'd their 40k miles? or confirm when activating of the 40k offer. there was mention this was targeted and i haven't seen anyone say they have their miles yet. also is there an expiration date on this offer?
Old Jun 22, 2011, 8:42 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT; HH Diamond; AS 75K
Not a big fan of AS or their FFP but I did apply to top off to get a FC award to Asia or Africa. I find AA to be a much better choice for mileage awards.

Thanks for the OP for the post.
Old Jun 23, 2011, 9:33 pm

I'm fairly new on here, but I thought I'd share.

Alaska Airlines told me you may not use your companion ticket if you are using any reward miles. Also, their partners Delta, AA will not honor the companion ticket.
Old Jun 24, 2011, 3:19 am

Programs: All of em...
Does anyone have a 1-800 # to call if you got the "application pending" status?

Or an app recon csr #?
I think I'm going to have to sweet talk this one!
Old Jun 24, 2011, 10:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by koctail
has anyone actually rec'd their 40k miles? or confirm when activating of the 40k offer. there was mention this was targeted and i haven't seen anyone say they have their miles yet. also is there an expiration date on this offer?
I applied for the 40K card and got approval instantly (never had a BofA Visa before) but so far, no miles and not one person reporting receiving their miles so yeah, strange...fishy...hmmm...
Old Jun 24, 2011, 10:39 am

Originally Posted by x712xdamx
Does anyone have a 1-800 # to call if you got the "application pending" status?

Or an app recon csr #?
I think I'm going to have to sweet talk this one!

Here you go, recon# 877-721-9405. Ask for a credit analyst and be prepared for a few questions.
Old Jun 24, 2011, 11:12 am

Applied 06.24.2011

I just applied through the link and got instantly approved for $12,500 credit. Again, it did not tell me if I am getting 40,000 miles or not. I may need to call around and ask.

Interesting - within the last month I applied for Southwest Chase - got 40 K miles, AA Citibank - got 75 K miles and now hopefully Alaska Air BofA with 40 K. I think I was able to get all 3 because I hadnt applied for a new credit card in years...
Old Jun 24, 2011, 11:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Libra7474
I just applied through the link and got instantly approved for $12,500 credit. Again, it did not tell me if I am getting 40,000 miles or not. I may need to call around and ask.

Interesting - within the last month I applied for Southwest Chase - got 40 K miles, AA Citibank - got 75 K miles and now hopefully Alaska Air BofA with 40 K. I think I was able to get all 3 because I hadnt applied for a new credit card in years...
Most likely you have got 40K as signature cards require a minimum of 5K.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.