Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Expired]Alaska Air Visa - 40K bonus

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2011, 5:14 pm

Programs: CO Plat, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by koctail
any info on which bureau was pulled in CA, specifically northern CA? I scanned the thread and have seen Equifax and Experian both indicated. i would prefer it to be Experian. Citi and Chase both pull Equifax in my area.
SoCal = Experian (that's what happened to me)
Old Jul 25, 2011, 5:27 pm

ditto- Experian but if you have a credit freeze and open up Equifax, no problem as with me
Old Jul 25, 2011, 5:49 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Plat Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Club Carl Gold, IHG Plat
I live in Texas, applied for both regular and business versions of card. Got one Experian pull and one Equifax pull.
Old Jul 26, 2011, 9:28 am

Programs: AA EXP (1M+), HH Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by iamthehpt
I live in Texas, applied for both regular and business versions of card. Got one Experian pull and one Equifax pull.
What is the sign up bonus related to the "business" version of the Alaska Airlines BA credit card?

I just got off the phone with BA and was approved for the personal Visa Signature card. I guess that much is good.
Old Jul 26, 2011, 12:42 pm

Approve on phone for visa signature card yesterday. When will I see 40k miles on my Alaska air mileage account?
Old Jul 26, 2011, 2:15 pm

Originally Posted by metoo
Approve on phone for visa signature card yesterday. When will I see 40k miles on my Alaska air mileage account?
I think many people have reported it to be right around when you receive your card in the mail or shortly thereafter.
Old Jul 26, 2011, 6:13 pm

Checked my Bank of America online and noticed the Alaska Airlines Signature Visa appearing on the web page but no miles posted on alaska air. Received 15k credit limit, much more than I wanted or expected.
Old Jul 26, 2011, 10:38 pm

Programs: AA,DL,BA,UA,SPG, and any other free trip!
Received the cadr on July 25th....still awaiting the bonus 40K miles in my account....hopefully soon???
Old Jul 28, 2011, 12:52 pm

Programs: AA EXP / UA Lifetime Gold / Marriott Lifetime Plat / SPG Plat / Hyatt Diamond / HH Diamond / Avis CC
40k posted to my account 3 days after I received the card in the mail or about 10 days after I was approved.
Old Jul 28, 2011, 4:44 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, American Gold, JetBlue Mosaic 4, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond,
I applied and was approved with a 10K limit. No prior experience with Alaska Airlines, though their relationship with Delta and American will be beneficial to me.
Old Jul 29, 2011, 2:20 pm

Cancelling the card

Here is a silly question. With Alaska Airlines credit card, if I cancel the card before I use my bonus 40,000 miles, would the miles be automatically cancelled?
I know the answer varies depending on the airline, so if anyone knows specifically regarding Alaska Air it would be greatly helpful.
Old Jul 29, 2011, 2:31 pm

Are you talking about canceling now or at renewal? If you cancel immediately (before paying the annual fee) they might take back the miles, but if you pay the annual fee and wait until renewal to cancel you're safe. Plus you get another companion certificate at renewal (even if you cancel and don't pay the annual fee) so definitely better to wait until then to cancel.
Old Jul 29, 2011, 2:46 pm

Originally Posted by HikerT
Are you talking about canceling now or at renewal? If you cancel immediately (before paying the annual fee) they might take back the miles, but if you pay the annual fee and wait until renewal to cancel you're safe. Plus you get another companion certificate at renewal (even if you cancel and don't pay the annual fee) so definitely better to wait until then to cancel.
Thank you for your advice.
Old Jul 29, 2011, 8:37 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat, PC Plat, Hilton Gold
Decided to apply last minute as part of a small app-o-rama; was approved instantly online with a $15k limit, hope to have the card soon. I'll update once I receive it and hopefully have the 40k bonus miles posted right away.
Old Aug 1, 2011, 9:05 am

Programs: SkyMiles Silver / DividendMiles Silver
The link appears to still be up. I want to apply for this in 15-20 days in my next app window, I hope it is still available.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.