Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

AMEX Business Gold, New Round, New Offer 75K!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AMEX Business Gold, New Round, New Offer 75K!

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2, 2011, 7:28 pm

Programs: UA Premier Platinum; Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by IkeEsq
Yeah, I just applied for the basic link with the $50K spend for 25K points.

Ike
So you have to apply for the $50k spend and then apply the offer code for the lower spend?
Old Jul 3, 2011, 5:21 am

Originally Posted by Yuengling
So you have to apply for the $50k spend and then apply the offer code for the lower spend?
Yes. The $50K spend for 25K points is not (according to HikerT) a signup bonus, so you do not need to spend the $50K. Just do your $1000 spend and ask them to match the 6499 promo and they note your account. Same thing happened with the Personal card for me. They say the points will post in 8 weeks from the statement in which you make the spend. I'm just waiting now.

- Ike
Old Jul 3, 2011, 10:27 am

Yep, that is what the rep told me when I called to bump and indicated my sign up bonus was 25K for $50K of spend. The rep said that's not really a sign up bonus (it's applicable in any year you meet 50K of spend).
Old Jul 4, 2011, 7:32 am

I received an invitation for Amex Business Gold with 50K bonus points and $2000 spending within 3 months. Which one better to sign up? The one with the sign up bonus or the one without the sign up bonus?
Old Jul 4, 2011, 9:04 am

I would apply via your targeted offer, then call after you meet 2K of spend and request the bump to 75K. While it's an extra 1K of spend (vs. the 6499 code) it's worth the guarantee of 50K in case you get shot down on the bump request.
Old Jul 4, 2011, 1:16 pm

Does anyone know about Bonus Offer ID 6608? 100k MR for Business Gold after 2k of spend?
Old Jul 5, 2011, 2:12 am

Programs: Spg Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Missing my mail

Originally Posted by compddd
Does anyone know about Bonus Offer ID 6608? 100k MR for Business Gold after 2k of spend?
Does anyone know how to find out if I am targeted for any of these offers.

I am away from home, thus my mail for 3 months, and for all I know something could be sitting in my mail box.

Instead of applying for this and then fighting it out with Amex

I have been a regular platinum holder for 20 + years
Old Jul 5, 2011, 8:15 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Originally Posted by tru2logan
What are the chances of getting 2 PRG bonus if i apply on the same day? I have 2 seperate business and got 2 seperate invitiations in my mail box today. Just wondering if they would catch it if both applications were submitted on the same day. Any thoughts?
I have the same question - my wife got two separate invitations in the mail and has multiple small businesses. I could also use the RSVP code for one of my small businesses (we got two separate codes).

Any advice on which are the better odds? I'm think that it's better if I use the second RSVP code (she was instantly approved).
Old Jul 5, 2011, 8:49 pm

My wife was targeted but she's opened 4 cards recently. If she applies for the Amex Bus Gold, is there a chance they will decline her for numerous inquiries?

She doesn;t have a business and plan to use sole proprietary but what do you put for business income?

Her offer states that she may be required to submit business entity or formation documents.

Anyone care to share how they went about applying?
Old Jul 6, 2011, 5:04 pm

Originally Posted by HikerT
I would apply via your targeted offer, then call after you meet 2K of spend and request the bump to 75K. While it's an extra 1K of spend (vs. the 6499 code) it's worth the guarantee of 50K in case you get shot down on the bump request.
Thanks. I just applied and was instantly approved. If I were to apply for a Platinum Business Card as well, is it pushing it? I want to try to bump the plat to 100K points. I recently got my Amex Personal PR Gold Card with a bump of 75K points.
Old Jul 7, 2011, 10:38 am

Programs: DL DM, UA 1K, SPG PL
Another sample point. Applied for regular Business card online, and after approval called for code 6499. Got approved for 75K after spend of $2K.

First business card for Amex.
Old Jul 7, 2011, 10:52 am

Originally Posted by ms247
Another sample point. Applied for regular Business card online, and after approval called for code 6499. Got approved for 75K after spend of $2K.

First business card for Amex.
Okay, after seeing this recent datapoint I am going to take a chance on this one. Sounds too good to pass up. I hope I do not have too many recent inquiries.
Old Jul 7, 2011, 11:10 am

For Sole-Proprietorship do you enter your SSN# in the box that asks for your Federal Tax ID#? The SSN# does not fit wihout breaking it up between the two boxes designated for the Tax ID#. There is no other place for me to enter my SSN#.
Old Jul 7, 2011, 11:38 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Amex MR
Just applied for the Gold Biz card thinking I would be an easy instant approval. I thought timing was perfect since I am just starting my own business, I would take advantage of this. Applied and was not instantly approved. Got the "we will let you know" message. I have a personal gold card for years now, high spend as well with it.

Think I have anything to worry about? Anyone know if its worth calling for status of application?
Old Jul 7, 2011, 11:41 am

Programs: DL DM, UA 1K, SPG PL
Originally Posted by zutmin
For Sole-Proprietorship do you enter your SSN# in the box that asks for your Federal Tax ID#? The SSN# does not fit wihout breaking it up between the two boxes designated for the Tax ID#. There is no other place for me to enter my SSN#.
Yes. Just enter your SSN in the split manner.

Best
ms247

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.