Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

AMEX Business Gold, New Round, New Offer 75K!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AMEX Business Gold, New Round, New Offer 75K!

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2011, 10:56 pm

Programs: AA,DL,BA,UA,SPG, and any other free trip!
interesting...I got in on the Business Rewards Card with a 50,000 sign up bonus after a 10K spend within 4 mths.............I wonder if I lob a few emails thru secure email, I could score an addt'l 25K??

Of course my deal had no annual fee for the first year.
Old May 30, 2011, 12:02 am

anyone know if applying for amex biz cards is like citi, where they might ask you to verify and fax in proof that it's for your business, or like cap1 where it's just another personal card with the "business" moniker?
Old May 30, 2011, 12:03 am

Programs: AA,DL,BA,UA,SPG, and any other free trip!
Originally Posted by wdogg
anyone know if applying for amex biz cards is like citi, where they might ask you to verify and fax in proof that it's for your business, or like cap1 where it's just another personal card with the "business" moniker?
they didnt ask me for anything ...filled out the online app no problem...selected SOLE PROP.....of course YMMV?
Old May 31, 2011, 6:51 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Platinum, Marriott Silver
Instantly approved as a sole proprietor, and I got the first year waived. Pretty sweet deal.
Old May 31, 2011, 7:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I still go the 50K business offer on my desk. Wondering, if I should call in and ask if they would sweeten it. Anybody got any feedback on that approach by chance?
Old May 31, 2011, 7:53 pm

Originally Posted by mrx900
they didnt ask me for anything ...filled out the online app no problem...selected SOLE PROP.....of course YMMV?
Originally Posted by yoshapman
Instantly approved as a sole proprietor, and I got the first year waived. Pretty sweet deal.
were you solicited for the 75k offer? if not, upon approval, did you receive a confirmation that you will receive 75k MR points?

has anyone who has successfully received 75k for the unsolicited PERSONAL rewards gold also applied and got 75k for the unsolicited BUSINESS gold?
Old May 31, 2011, 10:25 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Platinum, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by jtmann
were you solicited for the 75k offer? if not, upon approval, did you receive a confirmation that you will receive 75k MR points?

has anyone who has successfully received 75k for the unsolicited PERSONAL rewards gold also applied and got 75k for the unsolicited BUSINESS gold?
Sorry, I got the 75K + First year free offer in the mail. Upon entering my 13 digit code, it said I'd get 75K after spending 2K by Oct 11, and an extra 25K if I spent 50K in the first year.
Old Jun 3, 2011, 4:24 pm

For those of us not targeted and looking to apply / call for a match, anyone have a link for the best non-targeted bonus offer for the business gold card?
Old Jun 4, 2011, 12:53 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, HH Diamond
Thanks,
Points and Miles. ^
Old Jun 4, 2011, 2:27 pm

Programs: A few
Been shot down twice so far for upping my 50k offer to this 75k . First on activation - they were actually trying to be clever and say the card I had already had 75k as it was 25k additional after 50k spend. Yeah right. Then I tried email to customer service and Raj in Mumbai said he was really very sorry but I am not a solicited customer. Will try calling membership rewards on Monday, am pretty sure from what I have read elsewhere with enough tries I will win out
Old Jun 5, 2011, 9:43 pm

Programs: DL Gold, CO, SPG gold, FL Elite
Received targeted mailing...although was targeted for a Company that isn't at my address. Still used the RSVP and signed up anyway. Instant approval online without requiring any supporting information.

I selected Sole Prop...entered my name, household income >$250k, I put annual income of business at $100-150k, # of employees 1.

Anyone know how quickly the MR points post after $2000 spend?
Old Jun 5, 2011, 11:48 pm

Originally Posted by omars007
Received targeted mailing...although was targeted for a Company that isn't at my address. Still used the RSVP and signed up anyway. Instant approval online without requiring any supporting information.
Hahaa. That's pretty funny. Anything for a mile, eh?
Old Jun 6, 2011, 5:35 am

Programs: All of em...
This is great!

Is there somewhere on the AMEX site, and other financial institution sites where you can select an option to receive solicited mailings of these offers that you guys are receiving?

I'm worried I selected to NOT receive offers when making online accounts for all my cards. I have all the major bank cards - CITI, CHASE, AMEX, CAP1, BARCLAYS, etc...
Old Jun 6, 2011, 4:47 pm

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by omars007

I selected Sole Prop...entered my name, household income >$250k, I put annual income of business at $100-150k, # of employees 1.

Anyone know how quickly the MR points post after $2000 spend?
Can multiple people use same RSVP code and still get the bonus? I got this one today at my business address and have an employee that wants to apply as well.
Old Jun 6, 2011, 5:07 pm

Programs: AA mm, Hilton Dime, Hyatt Xpl.& PC Plat, Miracle Fruit-su club
Yep, strategy that worked so well on getting the personal cards isn't working on the business card for recent applicants. I was told that because my 1st year fee was waived, I would have to re-apply for the sweeter offer. When transferred to the applications center, they wanted to verify by my address that I was targeted.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.