Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

AMEX Business Gold, New Round, New Offer 75K!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2011, 2:41 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AMEX Plat, AA EXP, DL Diamond Medallion, US, B6, SPG Gold,Marriott Gold,Hilton Gold,Starbucks Gold

Hey all, let me just say I know there is an AMEX thread about 75k Gold PR offer, but what I'm going to discuss doesn't appeared to be discussed in that thread.

So amongst the interesting pieces of snail mail I received from Hilton and Delta, was an AMEX snail mail in the bottom in my mailbox. Hmmmmm! It is an offer for 75k for the Business Gold Rewards, the requirements:

Spend $2,000 by October 11th and earn 75,000 Membership Rewards bonus points.

It appears to be targeted, I have an RSVP #. Fee is $125 annually, not waived. ***CORRECTION, FIRST YEAR IS WAIVED***
Offer expires in July.

So while there was a consumer 75k, there also appears to be a Business 75k. So folks, look out for it in your mailbox!

Bonus ID on offer is 6497

Last edited by krpjr; Jun 21, 2011 at 6:41 pm Reason: added bonus ID
Old May 27, 2011, 5:42 pm

Originally Posted by krpjr
Hey all, let me just say I know there is an AMEX thread about 75k Gold PR offer, but what I'm going to discuss doesn't appeared to be discussed in that thread.

So amongst the interesting pieces of snail mail I received from Hilton and Delta, was an AMEX snail mail in the bottom in my mailbox. Hmmmmm! It is an offer for 75k for the Business Gold Rewards, the requirements:

Spend $2,000 by October 11th and earn 75,000 Membership Rewards bonus points.

It appears to be targeted, I have an RSVP #. Fee is $125 annually, not waived.
Offer expires in July.

So while there was a consumer 75k, there also appears to be a Business 75k. So folks, look out for it in your mailbox!
thanks for sharing.

i was wondering if there was an offer code like the personal card?
Old May 27, 2011, 5:57 pm

Programs: UA,CO,SPG
If you don't mind, could you provide the 4 digit offer id which is not targeted?
Old May 27, 2011, 7:37 pm

Programs: A few
Thanks for posting. I just finally got approved under the prior 50k for $10k spend in 6 months. Will do some gift cards to get my spend up on that one, then call in and try to get the improved amount. Seems that has worked for some other cards
Old May 27, 2011, 8:46 pm

Programs: All of em...
I return home next week from being gone for 3 months, and I"m hoping I have some offer codes waiting for me
Old May 28, 2011, 5:26 am

What documentation does AMEX usually require for a business card? I know CITI sometimes asks for 3 bills at your address.
Old May 28, 2011, 5:48 am

Programs: A few
Originally Posted by mileshound
What documentation does AMEX usually require for a business card? I know CITI sometimes asks for 3 bills at your address.
I just opened without anything. I think the trick as per Citi is not to try to be clever and say Bob Smith Consulting or BSC as the business name. Just make it Bob Smith, type of business Sole Proprietorship and use your SSN as tax ID.
Old May 28, 2011, 8:05 am

Programs: AA EXP
Great news that this is circulating. Amex MR is quickly becoming the easiest way to earn tons of miles for BA (with a good xfer bonus), Aeroplan, or ANA transfers.
Old May 28, 2011, 9:50 am

Programs: DL Gold, CO, SPG gold, FL Elite
How does one actually go about applying for this card? Weblink or phone operator?

Does this offer exclude prior amex business card holders?
Old May 28, 2011, 10:08 am

Programs: BAEC (Gold), PC (Plat), HH (Gold), MR (Gold)
Originally Posted by omars007
How does one actually go about applying for this card? Weblink or phone operator?

Does this offer exclude prior amex business card holders?
I expect it will say on the flyer they mailed you.
Old May 28, 2011, 10:33 am

Originally Posted by User Name
I expect it will say on the flyer they mailed you.
I did not receive a flyer.
Old May 28, 2011, 1:54 pm

Originally Posted by omars007
I did not receive a flyer.
Then you may not be eligible for this targeted offer.

Some people have luck by applying for a public offer for the same card, and then call in with the bonus ID after approval, looking for the bonus to be matched. However, as far as I can tell, the AMEX Gold Rewards card doesn't have any real good introductory bonus now (25K after 50K in spending), so it may not be worth the effort.
Old May 28, 2011, 8:38 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Platinum, Marriott Silver
Received this promotion today.
Old May 29, 2011, 3:49 pm

Originally Posted by ckpeter
Then you may not be eligible for this targeted offer.

Some people have luck by applying for a public offer for the same card, and then call in with the bonus ID after approval, looking for the bonus to be matched. However, as far as I can tell, the AMEX Gold Rewards card doesn't have any real good introductory bonus now (25K after 50K in spending), so it may not be worth the effort.
You can also apply for the card, and have the promo applied retroactively by the MR team (if they feel you're "worthy", lol).
Old May 29, 2011, 4:05 pm

Can someone confirm that this offer is still available to one who has had a business open card in the past (not a biz gold)?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.