Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

AMEX Business Gold, New Round, New Offer 75K!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AMEX Business Gold, New Round, New Offer 75K!

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2011, 7:44 pm

Any Tips for Successful AMEX Business App?

Scanning some posts, it appears that it is best to put one's name as the business, one's salary as income, and sole proprietorship. Is this correct?
Old Jul 28, 2011, 8:34 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AMEX Plat, AA EXP, DL Diamond Medallion, US, B6, SPG Gold,Marriott Gold,Hilton Gold,Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by astrogator
Scanning some posts, it appears that it is best to put one's name as the business, one's salary as income, and sole proprietorship. Is this correct?
^
Old Jul 29, 2011, 6:01 am

Should I go with the $1500 or $4000 link, seems some people might be having problems with the $1500? I'll apply later today. I just closed the Continental card to free up some credit line.
Old Jul 29, 2011, 6:41 am

Originally Posted by bluto
I would wait til you get your card, then wait awhile, then try. It sounds like you've called them 6 times already in just a 1 or 2 week span. I suspect all those calls start to pile up in their system. If they're logging the customer service calls, as any good company would, then you don't want your account to be tagged with something like "last six calls about more points - already denied."
I agree with this. Wait until you receive your cards. Activate them, then nag them via securemail (being sure to send a fresh message each time and delete any denial messages from your inbox).
Old Jul 29, 2011, 6:41 am

Programs: Amex Plat, AA, BA Silver, Marriott Plat, Choice Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Diamond
Should I go with the $1500 or $4000 link, seems some people might be having problems with the $1500? I'll apply later today. I just closed the Continental card to free up some credit line.
No matter which link you choose, just don't be disappointed when you get a Citi AA Amex card instead of an American Express Business Gold Rewards Card. Which is what this thread is about. . .
Old Jul 29, 2011, 6:42 am

I believe you are referring to the American Airlines offers. Think this thread is about the American Express Membership Rewards offers.

Edit - lwildernova beat me to it

Last edited by cheapdad; Jul 29, 2011 at 7:03 am
Old Jul 29, 2011, 7:28 pm

Programs: UA1K 3MM, AS MVP 75K Gold
Originally Posted by juggler451
Uggg. I'm on attempt number 4 to get the biz promo added for 100k points.

I got the personal 75k point offer after attempt 2.

Still haven't received either card in the mail.
How did you get the personal 75K card?
Old Jul 29, 2011, 8:20 pm

I don't have any Amex charge card or Amex Accounts. If I apply for the AMEX Premier Rewards Gold link for 15k, will I be able to bump it up to 75k?

Has anyone done this recently?

Also, do you need to wait 30 days between applying for another AMEX?

I would like to apply for the SPG 30k and the Premier Rewards Gold Card.

thanks in advance
Old Jul 29, 2011, 8:43 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat, PC Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by metoo
I don't have any Amex charge card or Amex Accounts. If I apply for the AMEX Premier Rewards Gold link for 15k, will I be able to bump it up to 75k?

Has anyone done this recently?

Also, do you need to wait 30 days between applying for another AMEX?

I would like to apply for the SPG 30k and the Premier Rewards Gold Card.
I applied for the Premier Rewards Gold card a month ago, using the 25k link (was in the dedicated Gold card thread as I recall) and bumped up to 75k via CSR. Met the spend, requested expedited bonus and MR points are in my account already.

Then applied for the 30k SPG about 10 days ago, no problem there. And just today I applied for the Premier Rewards Platinum and was approved instantly online, waiting for the card now and hope to successfully bump that to 100k too

Hope that helps! Go for the two Amex cards you have in mind, definitely worth it...
Old Jul 29, 2011, 8:52 pm

Is there an expiry date for the Premier Reward Gold card for the 75k bump?
Old Jul 29, 2011, 9:33 pm

Programs: Delta-PM, Marriott-Plat, PC-Gold
And the 100k business... expiration date of the promo? I've had to hold off due to refi....
Old Jul 30, 2011, 6:48 am

Does anyone have links for the Personal Gold and Business Gold cards that have more than 10,000 MR points? The American Express website only shows 10,000 points. My goal would be to obviously upgrade these to the 75,000 points after receiving the card and spending the required amount, but if I'm not successful getting the 75,000 points applied to the account, I'd like to at least be guaranteed something more than 10,000.

I'd also consider the Platinum card, but it does not appear that the annual fee is waived on that one for the first year. It looks like lots of people are applying for it though - are people really shelling out $450 annual fee for this year or cancelling as soon as they get points and getting the annual fee prorated?
Old Jul 30, 2011, 9:39 am

For the Platinum card with bump to 100k and $450 annual fee, does the membership award of upgrading to gold Starwood preferred guest status only for a year or longer?
Old Jul 30, 2011, 11:24 am

Awesome. Applied as Sole Proprietorship and was instantly approved.

@metoo

As far as I know 100k bonus for Platinum card expired July 1st. (which is why I applied for Biz PGR and Pers PGR)
Old Jul 30, 2011, 11:26 am

This is partially related, but doesn't seem like it's worth starting a new thread: What's Amex's policy on multiple cards? I have blue for students I use about once every other year. I've kept it only because it's my oldest card. (It isn't enrolled in MR). Would that get in the way of applying for one of these amex promos? I'm guessing not the business ones, but perhaps the personal ones? And if I do need to close it to apply to the promos how long does it need to be closed?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.