Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

AMEX Business Gold, New Round, New Offer 75K!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AMEX Business Gold, New Round, New Offer 75K!

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2011, 9:19 am

Programs: AA:LT Platinum DL:LT Gold UA:1P MAR:LT Titanium
Originally Posted by IkeEsq
That is what I did for myself and my wife. Note that 6499 is for $1000 spend, 6497 is for $2000 spend. The first CSR applied a note to both of our accounts and said to expect all points in 8 weeks from statement containing the $1000 spend. You can also try with a secure message, it was just easier for me with two accounts to do it over the phone. If you get push-back, just try a new CSR.
Thanks for the data point. Any suggestion for the best link to use for the initial signup?
Old Jul 9, 2011, 11:47 am

Programs: Spg Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Agree with moper

Originally Posted by mooper
Thanks for the data point. Any suggestion for the best link to use for the initial signup?
I am a little confused. Do I apply for a Amex bus r personal gold card to get the 75k miles which I will settle for with the $1000 spend. I already ave Amex plat for many years pre FT.

I am working on my 1500 Citi ,Visa and $4000 Citi Amex in 5 remaining months and would obviously prefer lower send.

Pardon me for being sort of punchy, but it's 845 pm here in ATH and I am trying to catch up with the 23 emails I have from threads I subscribed to in FT in the 2 1/2 days I was without net access

Have pity on me , I am not lazy just overwhelmed
Peter
Old Jul 9, 2011, 12:31 pm

Applied before 7/1 through the generic offer, it wasn't instantly approved. Called in after a few days to request, in the event of an approval, to have the offer 5894 on the account. The rep notated it on the application. Just received the card and was able to confirm the correct offer code. Thanks FT ^
Old Jul 11, 2011, 8:53 am

Programs: Anything CC gives me
Do these PR personal Gold and Biz Gold offers work for someone who currently has a Platinum charge account open?
Old Jul 11, 2011, 9:37 am

Programs: DL DM, UA 1K, SPG PL
Originally Posted by zutmin
I would like to know this as well.

Also, has anyone tried to get the bump via secured messaging?
I would say, call right away when you activate the card. they will note it in the account, and then only you start spending the requisite amount.
Old Jul 11, 2011, 9:48 am

Originally Posted by ms247
I would say, call right away when you activate the card. they will note it in the account, and then only you start spending the requisite amount.
Shot down 3 times via securemail to upgrade bonus on my wife's PR Business Gold card. Will try again once she has received the card.
Old Jul 12, 2011, 1:56 am

Programs: Spg Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
I am a little confused. Do I apply for a Amex bus or personal gold card to get the 75k miles which I will settle for with the $1000 spend. I already have Amex plat for many years pre FT.

I am working on my 1500 Citi ,Visa and $4000 Citi Amex in 5 remaining months and would obviously prefer lower spend.
Old Jul 12, 2011, 6:39 am

I was shot down on the 75K bump when calling in before receiving and activating my card. I activated my card last night and sent a secured message this morning. Fingers are crossed for the bump, but I am not really expecting it considering my recent luck with these types of requests.

Will report back after I get a reply.
Old Jul 12, 2011, 8:31 am

I was shot down on the 75K bump when calling in before receiving and activating my card. I activated my card last night and sent a secured message this morning. Fingers are crossed for the bump, but I am not really expecting it considering my recent luck with these types of requests.

They just bumped my wife's bonus (on the Business Gold PR card) to 75K using offer 6499. It took 5 secure mails to Amex before a CSR cooperated. She tried a mix of 6608 and 6499 on the previous attempts. After she has met the spend and the points have posted, may try to get the extra 25K using 6608 (or whichever code is valid at the time).
Old Jul 12, 2011, 2:20 pm

Congratulations! Did you call or secure-message them again after you meet the spending requirements (1k) request for the points to be posted? Or the points automatically posted after you meeting the spend requirment?

BTW, how to send a secure message when you log into your AE account? I tried but could not find it?

Thanks!

Originally Posted by cheapdad
They just bumped my wife's bonus (on the Business Gold PR card) to 75K using offer 6499. It took 5 secure mails to Amex before a CSR cooperated. She tried a mix of 6608 and 6499 on the previous attempts. After she has met the spend and the points have posted, may try to get the extra 25K using 6608 (or whichever code is valid at the time).
Old Jul 12, 2011, 3:22 pm

Here is the reply I just received

"Yes, I will certainly honor your request!

I have made appropriate notation on your new Card so that once you meet the spend criteria of your current Card's promotion and write back to us, we will honor the bonus ID 6499.

Simply meet the spend criteria of $1,000 within three months of having your Card and write back to us with your confirmation. We will manually issue the points to your account.

I hope my response resolves your inquiry and leaves a smile on your face. I thank you for your valuable time to email us and giving me the opportunity to serve you today.

Sincerely, XXXXX XXXXXXXXXXEmail Servicing Team American Express Interactive Services"
Old Jul 12, 2011, 8:01 pm

Originally Posted by sunnyface2011
Congratulations! Did you call or secure-message them again after you meet the spending requirements (1k) request for the points to be posted? Or the points automatically posted after you meeting the spend requirment?

BTW, how to send a secure message when you log into your AE account? I tried but could not find it?

Thanks!
Securemail - we always securemail if we can help it - hate talking to CSRs. Just received the card yesterday, so have not started spending on it. They did say to email back after meeting spend threshold and they would manually add the bonus points on.

Securemail - log into AE account, On your Account Summary page, right hand side towards the top - there is a message that reads - "You have xxx unread messages". Click on the number (0,1,2, etc.) and that takes you to your securemailbox where you can compose the messages. In my wife's case she hadn't received the card yet, so she sent the message against one of her other Amex cards referencing, the new Business gold PR account number suffix (which had been emailed to us right after approval). Rinse and repeat (cut and paste) until you get approved.
Old Jul 12, 2011, 9:41 pm

does anyone know if there's a specific limit at which amex will look warily at matching MR offers? heard figures of 150k-250k floating around but haven't seen anything concrete...
Old Jul 13, 2011, 11:03 am

IT appears that the only AMEX Gold Business promo now is the 25k miles after $50k spend? I can't seem to pull up any bonus links.
Old Jul 13, 2011, 11:08 am

Originally Posted by hqly2001
IT appears that the only AMEX Gold Business promo now is the 25k miles after $50k spend? I can't seem to pull up any bonus links.
You need to start at the beginning of this thread and start reading. All of the info you need is contained within. It's obvious that you have not done so yet.

However, I will provide you with some info to get you started:

You need to sign up under the standard 25K points after $50K spend. Then, once you receive and activate your card you can call or send a secure message to AMEX requesting that they apply one of the bonus offer codes to your new AMEX Business Gold account.

Good luck

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.