Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

[OP link EXPIRED]Hilton HHonor AMEX points - 62,500 (50k easy)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[OP link EXPIRED]Hilton HHonor AMEX points - 62,500 (50k easy)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2011, 8:30 pm

Any more thoughts on this message:

Problem with the input data for one of the fields

Can't find any problems with the form. Tried a reboot, cleared cookies, different computer, different browsers - no luck.
Old Jun 26, 2011, 9:07 pm

Programs: AS, AA Gold, and Hilton
Originally Posted by Saas
A big benefit to this card is 6 points per dollar at gas stations, grocery stores, drug stores, wireless and home phone service (unless you have Frontier who doesn't accept AMEX ), cable and satellite providers.

I'll rack up the points pretty quick with those perks.
Sounds like a good program. To bad it's through Amex. Just not accepted at enough places to make it pay for me.
Old Jun 26, 2011, 9:59 pm

Originally Posted by jamesensor

Can't find any problems with the form. Tried a reboot, cleared cookies, different computer, different browsers - no luck.
I used Chrome in Incognito mode with this link:
https://www262.americanexpress.com/a...canexpress.com

And had no problem, try that?
Old Jun 27, 2011, 8:05 am

Originally Posted by mindbowels

Hmmm -- tried that too, plus tried tinkering with the url to truncate it.

Getting the same message on a third (my work) computer.

I guess this offer just isnt for me -- which is too bad since i have three Hilton stays planned in the next two months.
Old Jun 27, 2011, 9:38 am

Programs: Any program with a credit card, or good prices.
Originally Posted by mindbowels

I just applied from work comuter using Safari in private browsing and was approved - have spg cards.
Old Jun 29, 2011, 8:57 am

Need Help. Amex Hilton did not post 30K bonus points for spending 500K

Hi- Newbie here so this might be in the wrong place. Regardless, Amex-Hilton is requiring me to come up the with the following to obtain the 30k bonus award after spending 500..... "I request you to provide us with the offer code so that we can research the promotion and assist you. The offer ID is in the alpha numeric form and looks like X000:0000" . You can also provide the Bonus ID (four digit number), which is usually mentioned in bold." I signed up for the offer which is outlined below and I am unable to find the offer code anywhere on the application form. Does anyone have the offer ID of bonus ID. Or is there some link where I can find it.....THANKS a bunch. Can't believe that Amex will not honor their offer. Thought FT boards would be interested in this. Thanks, "Selone"

Get 20,000 HHonors Bonus Points after your first purchase with the Card.
Get 30,000 HHonors Bonus Points when you spend US$500 in your first three months of Cardmembership.
Get 2,500 HHonors Bonus Points for each of your first four stays at one of ten distinct brands within the Hilton Worldwide portfolio paid for with the Card during the first 18 months of Cardmembership.
And get 2,500 HHonors Bonus Points when you add an Additional Cardmember.
Old Jun 29, 2011, 10:29 am

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold
I checked the materials I have for this offer and couldn't find any sort of Bonus ID or Promo Code either. Not sure why they can't find the offer.

Sorry.
Old Jun 29, 2011, 10:32 am
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
Maybe try printing it out and faxing it to them?
Old Jun 29, 2011, 10:33 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by PSilks
...I am unable to find the offer code anywhere on the application form.
Welcome to Flyertalk.

American Express is not "refusing" to do anything, a customer service representative is merely asking a question to locate the offer in their system. 1.How did you find this offer, through the postal service, in an email from Hilton or American Express, or on a webste? 2> How did you apply for the card, through the mail, online or by telephone?
Old Jun 29, 2011, 3:47 pm

Thanks for the comment Mia. Actually, Amex Hilton wants documentation. They are not asking for how I found out about it nor are they asking about my application process. They should have that anyway. Even if I did not use "refuse" I will now say they are refusing to honor their offer. The most important part is that I cannot find the information they are asking for easily. I did print out the offer and its dated and its in my office. But, I can't get to right now since Los Alamos National Laboratory and Los Alamos is closed due to a wild fire. But, I will get access soon. Regardless, those print outs probably will not have the offer code on them. My last resort is to call. Which is fine. But, I am afraid it will result in my canceling my Blue Sky and Hilton cards. It would be disappointing since I have put some time and effort into this. But, I pay all my credit cards off in full so, its not a hardship on me. And I get to join Flyertalk to chat! Not sure American Express really wants this. All they have to do is honor their offer. Thanks to all for their patience. P
Old Jun 30, 2011, 10:01 am

Programs: Any program with a credit card, or good prices.
Quick question - I did not have a Hilton HHonor's number when I applied, will I get something from Hilton with that number in the mail? Also anyone have any data points as how soon the points post?

I'm shooting for a September reservation, I've met the spending requirement and assume my statement close date will be late August. Would it help to set my payment date in early August so that my statement closes sooner?
Old Jun 30, 2011, 10:08 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by PSilks
...They are not asking for how I found out about it nor are they asking about my application process.
Sorry for the confusion, *I* am asking those questions in order to better advise you how to proceed in providing American Express with the information they have requested.
Old Jun 30, 2011, 10:09 am

Originally Posted by iolairemcfadden
Quick question - I did not have a Hilton HHonor's number when I applied, will I get something from Hilton with that number in the mail?
Yes, your Silver card will arrive about 2-3 weeks after you apply. Note that they don't set up an online account, so you'll have to call HH to have them issue you a PIN (will be emailed to you).
Old Jun 30, 2011, 10:14 am

Originally Posted by jamesensor

Did you look for things like commas in the income field, no '@' sign on your email address, or a required field not completed?
Old Jun 30, 2011, 10:45 am

Hi Mia- Thanks for the clarification!!! Hey, I called Amex Hilton. Usually don't like doing that but I needed to have a final answer. Cheryl was very nice and she said I needed to wait 8-12 weeks for those points to post. NOT that I was ineligible for those points. Unlike the online emails. So, I guess it would help me if I just call and talk. Anyway, they appear to be honoring their offer. Thanks for everyones patience.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.