Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

[OP link EXPIRED]Hilton HHonor AMEX points - 62,500 (50k easy)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[OP link EXPIRED]Hilton HHonor AMEX points - 62,500 (50k easy)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2011, 5:24 am

Programs: Hertz President's Circle, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by SanFranMcG
I got about 100K HHonors pts earlier this year by doing the Citi and Amex, but I've been wondering if it might have been a wiser choice to do the Hawaiian Airlines 35K and the Virgin Atlantic 50K and transfer both of them at 1:2 ratio to HHonors. Of course, those card have annual fees, so the math comes down to whether you're willing to spend about $150 for 70K additional HHonors points... just a thought, and also an idea for those of us who are looking for more ways to get HHonors points.
35k x2 (BOA and BOH) = 70k 1:2 ratio to HH gives you 140k.

Last edited by rookie10; Feb 8, 2012 at 7:38 am
Old Dec 5, 2011, 10:44 am

Originally Posted by rookie10
35k x2 (BOA and BOH) = 70k 2:1 ratio to HH gives you 140k.
The BOA and BOH offers do not have first year annual fee waived, is that correct?
Old Dec 5, 2011, 11:39 am

Originally Posted by michael_v
The BOA and BOH offers do not have first year annual fee waived, is that correct?
No, they have the annual fee. So you'll get getting the HHonors points for a low rate, but not free.
Old Dec 8, 2011, 7:19 pm

2,500 pts for 1st 4 stays

Anyone have approx wait times on the bonus points for the first 4 stays per the offer in OP? I got the 30k and 20k, but have not yet seen my per-stay bonus.
Old Dec 8, 2011, 9:04 pm

Originally Posted by coreyaugustus
Anyone have approx wait times on the bonus points for the first 4 stays per the offer in OP? I got the 30k and 20k, but have not yet seen my per-stay bonus.
I think mine posted within a week -- but note that the stay base charge must be over $100 to qualify.
Old Dec 15, 2011, 5:21 pm

Originally Posted by beltway
I think mine posted within a week -- but note that the stay base charge must be over $100 to qualify.
The stays I'm thinking of were one-nighters, which explains it. Thanks for reminding me, Beltway. Details, details.
Old Dec 16, 2011, 12:29 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond-Marriott Platinum-life
points Hilton

I got 55k wife got 130k Any ideas where we get more without a stay. Did Amex and Citi. Thanks
Old Dec 16, 2011, 12:32 am

Programs: Anything CC gives me
Originally Posted by mike2200
I got 55k wife got 130k Any ideas where we get more without a stay. Did Amex and Citi. Thanks
6 posts up
Old Dec 16, 2011, 5:35 am

Originally Posted by coreyaugustus
The stays I'm thinking of were one-nighters, which explains it. Thanks for reminding me, Beltway. Details, details.
Don't feel bad. I know the details only because I, too, had a one-night stay for business that resulted in no bonus. If only the OKC Skirvin (review posted in the separate master thread) were more expensive.
Old Jan 3, 2012, 7:17 am

Originally Posted by ksf45632
So, I applied and was approved for this card using the link in my offer email.

My 20,000 point first purchase bonus was awarded no problem. I spent $500 by August 30th, and continued spending, and I did the math and I should have received them by 11/22. I waited for my statement to close on November 28th, and no 30,000 point bonus.

So I called and asked where my points were and they read me the bonus points they thought I should have received which were:

20,000 first purchase bonus
2,500 points for each Hilton stay, up to 10,000 points.

I told them about the 30,000 point bonus after $500 spend and she said no, that's not tied to my account.

THANKFULLY I kept the email and faxed it to her for proof yesterday. Still waiting for confirmation.

Anyway, this should be a lesson to all of you to keep all of your credit card offer terms & conditions - especially for this card. Slimy.

Who in their right mind would sign up to get a 20k/30k point bonus from Hilton (rhetorical question).
Update: I faxed them the email, which clearly states 30,000 bonus points after $500 spend. I waited a whole month for my points to post with my statement, only to find they gave me 25k points. Seriously?? I guess I'll be contacting them yet again and waiting yet another month for my points to post.

Old Jan 3, 2012, 10:04 am

Update: I faxed them the email, which clearly states 30,000 bonus points after $500 spend. I waited a whole month for my points to post with my statement, only to find they gave me 25k points. Seriously?? I guess I'll be contacting them yet again and waiting yet another month for my points to post.

I'm having the same problem with my Surpass. Never got the bonus points from spending after 12 weeks. Last week I got 2500 points from a recent stay which shouldn't have been part of the promo I applied. I sent them a message yesterday and worried they'll try to tell me this is the promo(2500 x 8 stays) I signed up for, not the 40,000 points after $3000 spending. I had applied through the main HH website, not through an email, so I have no proof in case they pull that BS
Old Feb 8, 2012, 7:18 am

So, I applied and was approved for this card using the link in my offer email.

My 20,000 point first purchase bonus was awarded no problem. I spent $500 by August 30th, and continued spending, and I did the math and I should have received them by 11/22. I waited for my statement to close on November 28th, and no 30,000 point bonus.

So I called and asked where my points were and they read me the bonus points they thought I should have received which were:

20,000 first purchase bonus
2,500 points for each Hilton stay, up to 10,000 points.

I told them about the 30,000 point bonus after $500 spend and she said no, that's not tied to my account.

THANKFULLY I kept the email and faxed it to her for proof yesterday. Still waiting for confirmation.

Anyway, this should be a lesson to all of you to keep all of your credit card offer terms & conditions - especially for this card. Slimy.

Who in their right mind would sign up to get a 20k/30k point bonus from Hilton (rhetorical question).
Finally, today (6 months after I hit the spend threshold) I got all of the points from this promo applied to my account. I sent copies of the email to customer service THREE times. The first two times, they told me that they couldn't prove that I was targeted for the offer which is total BS because the email has my name, the email address linked to my American Express account and everything. So, the last time I sent in the FIVE targeted emails I have received for this offer and a not-so-nice letter and my points finally posted today.

I'm highly disappointed in American Express.
Old Feb 8, 2012, 12:34 pm

Programs: AA, BA, UA, Spirit, Delta, PC Plat, SPG Gold, HHonors Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, Marriott Gold
...I'm highly disappointed in American Express.
Don't be disappointed in American Express. It's this particular card that has horrific customer service. Every single rep I've contacted has been absolutely useless. When you call they promise to look into matters and never do, then next time you call they have no record of previous requests. Sending them secure messages is as useless, as they always respond with a canned e-mail. Every single CSR I've dealt with via SM including supervisors is India-based, and I have a very strong feeling they just enjoy screwing with customers. Yes, unfailingly polite, yet UNFAILINGLY USELESS.!

Anyone unhappy with my political INcorrectness - too bad! It has been my experience and I stand by it!

Having said that, it has not been my typical experience with other American Express cards and services. I think it's just a bad apple.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.