Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

[OP link EXPIRED]Hilton HHonor AMEX points - 62,500 (50k easy)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[OP link EXPIRED]Hilton HHonor AMEX points - 62,500 (50k easy)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2011, 12:55 pm

Programs: Doing GS11, probably affiliated with every program out there
yay, it's a no fee card, no-brainer right :P got instant approved. thanks for the info, free points is always good
Old Apr 29, 2011, 4:27 pm

Programs: AA, BA, UA, Spirit, Delta, PC Plat, SPG Gold, HHonors Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, Marriott Gold
This is the message I've got after filling up the application. Tried it 4 times in both IE and Chrome.

---------------Problem with the input data for one of the fields-------------

Could it mean that they pulled the promotion?
Old Apr 29, 2011, 4:33 pm

Originally Posted by xp0
For those that signed up for the Hilton Surpass card a while back here is a no annual fee Hilton Amex card that can net up to 62,500 points.

It is an easy 50k points and more if you actually stay at their hotels.

I recently signed up for the Surpass card and have received the points. I just applied for this card tonight and got instant approval. This should bring most peoples totals over 150k HHonor points.

Edit - > Link

Get an Instant Account and Receive up to 62,500 Hilton HHonors® Bonus Points
Receive 20,000 HHonors Bonus Points with your first purchase1

Receive up to 2,500 additional HHonors Bonus Points on your first four Hilton WorldWide portfolio of hotels stays charged to the Card during your first 18 months of Cardmembership2

Receive 30,000 HHonors Bonus Points When you spend $500 in your first three months of Cardmembership3
Kudos on the extensive details.
Old Apr 29, 2011, 6:00 pm

Programs: AA, BA, UA, Spirit, Delta, PC Plat, SPG Gold, HHonors Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by mnscout
This is the message I've got after filling up the application. Tried it 4 times in both IE and Chrome.

---------------Problem with the input data for one of the fields-------------

Could it mean that they pulled the promotion?
UPDATE: Tried to do it again from an office computer in another location - same message. Some time ago I had a similar problem with Citi app which was fixed after I typed all the info myself (I had used Roboform before that).
Old Apr 29, 2011, 6:31 pm

Applied for this card 2 weeks ago, and Im now just seeing the offer for a $50 statement credit on a Hilton stay within the first 3 months. I sent Amex a secure message regarding this. Will see what they have to say about it.
Old Apr 29, 2011, 6:44 pm
DrG

Programs: UA 2P, SPG Gold, PC Plt Amb
It sounds like it is not possible to get the full bonus for the two Amex Hilton cards. Is there a suggested application order to get the max bonus from both cards (free and Surpass)?
Old May 12, 2011, 12:01 pm

Programs: A little bit of miles and points scattered everywhere
i do remember researching this a ways back and i just applied for this card and was approved. the best approach does seem to be to sign up for this no annual fee card first. then in the future if you sign up for the surpass card you will receive 20000 bonus points. amex will give you the difference in the first purchase bonus between the 2 cards as surpass now has 40000 points after first purchase. but the best option seems to be to get the free card and then wait for a much better offer for the surpass card. some had reported being targeted for bonuses much greater than the 40000 points for the surpass card.
Old May 17, 2011, 8:38 pm

Programs: AA PLT, Hilton diamond, Hyatt Diamond
So stupid me didn't check FT for this lovely offer and I applied via the regular amex website. I just got the card and was wondering if sending them an email would get me the offer?
Old May 17, 2011, 8:51 pm

Programs: Some.
Couldn't hurt... Give it a try.
Old May 18, 2011, 10:44 am

Programs: AA PLT, 1.6MM, HH Silver, Marriott Silver
Smile awesome deal

I just used my Hilton AmEx for the first time at the Trafalger in London recently. I now have 52,500 hhonors pts in my acct. This is an awesome way to accumulate Hilton pts.
Old May 18, 2011, 10:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Originally Posted by dopey!
So stupid me didn't check FT for this lovely offer and I applied via the regular amex website. I just got the card and was wondering if sending them an email would get me the offer?
Amex has been generous in such circumstances (read towards the end):

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...ts-signup.html

Two or three secure messages with some time gap should do the trick.
Old May 18, 2011, 10:49 am

Programs: UA, AA, SPG, HH
Originally Posted by akcae
This is correct - Amex has a "Member Since" date on your card(s) and will use the earliest one for any subsequent cards they issue you. I have a DL Plat, Plat, and SPG cards and they all say Member Since 98, even tho my Plat card was issued in Feb of this year. Amex will report this date to the credit bureaus as the Open Date on your accounts.
Emphasis mine. Can anyone else verify this, I've got a credit report sitting at home that I can check but I was so shocked to see this I wanted immediate verification. I know akcae is correct about the Member Since date being a reflection of when you got your first AMEX card but I didn't know that they actually reported this older date to the credit bureaus. If this is true then opening AMEX's will help age your credit report significantly (assuming your first AMEX account was opened a while back)

Originally Posted by koctail
i do remember researching this a ways back and i just applied for this card and was approved. the best approach does seem to be to sign up for this no annual fee card first. then in the future if you sign up for the surpass card you will receive 20000 bonus points. amex will give you the difference in the first purchase bonus between the 2 cards as surpass now has 40000 points after first purchase. but the best option seems to be to get the free card and then wait for a much better offer for the surpass card. some had reported being targeted for bonuses much greater than the 40000 points for the surpass card.
I was actually thinking about starting a thread on this recently but I'll try and piggyback here first. What are the best offers that anyone has seen or heard of (both targeted and non-targeted) on both the standard no annual fee HHonors card and the $75 annual fee Surpass card?

I'm debating pulling the trigger on this 62,500 offer for the non-annual fee card. If there have been better offers in the past I may hold off until they reappear
Old May 23, 2011, 8:06 pm

Programs: AA PLT, Hilton diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by UA Fan
Amex has been generous in such circumstances (read towards the end):

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...ts-signup.html

Two or three secure messages with some time gap should do the trick.
So I did send them a secured message and got one back saying they would mail me their decision, which today I got and it was a flat out "no, you were not solicited". Can I try again or did I just go through the wrong department with writing the secure message?
Old May 23, 2011, 9:38 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Fairmont Platinum, Starwood Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum
I suspect with the PRG card they are more generous in giving out miles because they can value them internally at a lower cost than buying the HHonor points outright, plus they get to aggressively promote their own program. It's also a completely different department for requests like yours, since MR is administered by Amex.
Old May 23, 2011, 10:23 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond
i received the 20k bonus points already, but its already been 10 weeks and still haven't gotten the additional 30k. have others had issues receiving the additional 30k?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.