Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

[Targeted]No Fee 1st yr. American Express Gold Card 75,000 Bonus Reward Points Signup

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Targeted]No Fee 1st yr. American Express Gold Card 75,000 Bonus Reward Points Signup

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2011, 2:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Platinum, Marriott Gold, Everything else: Dirt

Received this offer in the mail today for $500 spend within first three months. This offer is good until May 20, at least for me. It contains a unique RSVP code, but the bonus offer number is 5894. I have never had a traditional AMEX (only the Citi AA AMEX) so I am not sure how the RSVP thing works, but you may be able to call and ask if you can still get it. I had received a bunch of 50K offers via mail prior to this, but never pulled the trigger. I am thinking 75K is probably worth pulling the trigger on, even though I have recently signed up for Cap1, and both AA cards.
Old Apr 11, 2011, 2:17 pm

Programs: UA, AA, SPG, HH
Wow, that's big time. I would hop on that in a second if I got it
Old Apr 11, 2011, 2:17 pm

that offer was posted in another financial forum 2 days ago - public link available to anyone but was shortly thereafter taken down. Now everything is RSVP unfortunately...
Old Apr 11, 2011, 2:20 pm

Programs: UA 2P, HY Diamond
Definitely a great offer, better than BA imho. Wish I had got it.
Old Apr 11, 2011, 2:21 pm
sgb

My daughter, who is a college student with little income to her name, got that in the mail, with an RSVP code. What are the chances she will get rejected if she actually applies?

Also, is it a no-fee card, or only the first year fee-free? Her's said first year free, as far as I can recall.
Old Apr 11, 2011, 2:21 pm

Location: MSP (Mahtomedi, MN, USA) - Delta hub captive, Marriott Gold, US Mint Silver, CVS Red
Programs: "We've been starving, and sitting on a ham sandwich the whole time."
it's easily worth it, no questions asked. 75,000 is worth $750 in gift cards at common places like home depot, never mind ways to use those points which may you get several multiples of that amount in value.
Old Apr 11, 2011, 3:03 pm

Originally Posted by sgb
My daughter, who is a college student with little income to her name, got that in the mail, with an RSVP code. What are the chances she will get rejected if she actually applies?
I just finished school myself and have had the Platinum card throughout my time at the University of Minnesota. Then again, I took special care to build a sold credit history and read lots of flyertalk. All depends on what your daughter's credit score is and what kind of credit she has...

And yeah, my income was tiny too.
Old Apr 11, 2011, 3:16 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, AA, BA Silver, Marriott Plat, Choice Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Diamond
Keep in mind that American Express has had several bonus offers with British Airways over the past year that allowed transfers of MR points to a BA Executive Club account. The last promo, expired as of April 1, gave a 40% bonus--105,000 BA miles. There's no guarantee this promo will return, but I suspect Amex will have similar offers for BA and other airline partners.
Old Apr 11, 2011, 4:00 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, AA, BA Silver, Marriott Plat, Choice Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Diamond
Forgot to mention, since I'm not currently a Delta SkyMiles member, that Amex indeed has a 50% transfer bonus promotion for a first-time bonus transfer, as well as a structured 25% (for transfers up to 100,000 miles) and 40% (for transfers over 100,000 miles) transfer bonus for those who have previously made transfers going on with Delta right now.
Old Apr 11, 2011, 6:13 pm

Programs: Some.
I'm not planning on applying for the BA card until the first week of May, but if I get targeted for this in the meantime, I'll go for this instead.
Old Apr 11, 2011, 6:15 pm

Originally Posted by MaineFlyer16
Received this offer in the mail today for $500 spend within first three months. This offer is good until May 20, at least for me. It contains a unique RSVP code, but the bonus offer number is 5894. I have never had a traditional AMEX (only the Citi AA AMEX) so I am not sure how the RSVP thing works, but you may be able to call and ask if you can still get it. I had received a bunch of 50K offers via mail prior to this, but never pulled the trigger. I am thinking 75K is probably worth pulling the trigger on, even though I have recently signed up for Cap1, and both AA cards.

Wow! This is an amazing offer! Catch it if you can~~
Old Apr 11, 2011, 6:27 pm

How to get RSVPs

Wow! I would love to get this offer. Any idea on to how to get yourself into their list of RSVP candidates?
Old Apr 11, 2011, 7:37 pm

A bit off topic -- but how do you ever get offers in the mail? I've never received one for any credit card, yet have signed up for many offers on FT without issue.
Old Apr 11, 2011, 7:43 pm

Originally Posted by libuser
that offer was posted in another financial forum 2 days ago - public link available to anyone but was shortly thereafter taken down. Now everything is RSVP unfortunately...
can anyone confirm fee free card?

most of them are first year .... could be huge if its not.
Old Apr 11, 2011, 7:48 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, Emerald Exec., PC Plat, AA, CO, DL, UBS Charter Card, Palladium Card, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by dilvala
can anyone confirm fee free card?

most of them are first year .... could be huge if its not.
They are obviously referring to the first year fee free aka fee waived.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.