FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [OP link EXPIRED]Hilton HHonor AMEX points - 62,500 (50k easy)
Old Jan 3, 2012, 7:17 am
Moorea

Originally Posted by ksf45632
So, I applied and was approved for this card using the link in my offer email.

My 20,000 point first purchase bonus was awarded no problem. I spent $500 by August 30th, and continued spending, and I did the math and I should have received them by 11/22. I waited for my statement to close on November 28th, and no 30,000 point bonus.

So I called and asked where my points were and they read me the bonus points they thought I should have received which were:

20,000 first purchase bonus
2,500 points for each Hilton stay, up to 10,000 points.

I told them about the 30,000 point bonus after $500 spend and she said no, that's not tied to my account.

THANKFULLY I kept the email and faxed it to her for proof yesterday. Still waiting for confirmation.

Anyway, this should be a lesson to all of you to keep all of your credit card offer terms & conditions - especially for this card. Slimy.

Who in their right mind would sign up to get a 20k/30k point bonus from Hilton (rhetorical question).
Update: I faxed them the email, which clearly states 30,000 bonus points after $500 spend. I waited a whole month for my points to post with my statement, only to find they gave me 25k points. Seriously?? I guess I'll be contacting them yet again and waiting yet another month for my points to post.