Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[EXPIRED] AA Citi / Citibank Card, 75K sign up bonus [read post #2 first]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2010, 12:03 pm

Programs: AA PLT 2MM
Originally Posted by Happy
They did, too. That is why they were all caught by surprise when the final screen showed their 2nd card turned into the 1st card version.

It probably also has something to do with people's own computer set up.
Well, I don't know what to say, other than... that sucks. Glad it has never happened to me during all my churning.

It is more involved to use 2 different profiles in your FF as described, then simply use IE and FF simultaneously. This is the easiest path to follow, no additional work involved to delete the cookie, change the profile etc etc.
True. I just like multiple profiles in FireFox, and thought I'd share how to do it. I make a lot of use of it, as one profile is loaded with greesemonkey scripts, tool bars, etc...and another profile is clean, etc.
Old Sep 14, 2010, 12:06 pm

Originally Posted by cevee
I was approved for both visa and amex -and called to answer questions and be approved - verified the offer then and messaged citi to confirm the offer and the visa records showed yes I have the offer however the amex message came back with this

Our records do not indicate you were solicited for the offer you mentioned. Please send a copy of the front and back of the offer you received. Once we receive this information, we will review your account and contact you.

since I applied online I do not have the front and back of the offer -so I guess all I can do is submit a screen print of the offer- has anyone else had this happen? If so did you send a screen print and did they confirm? Thanks!
oops - I can't find a screen print of the offer- I searched this thread and one at another site and don't see one- can anyone point me to it? thanks!
I have the printed 75,000 offer. PM me if you need a copy emailed
Old Sep 14, 2010, 12:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by thehawk75
True. I just like multiple profiles in FireFox, and thought I'd share how to do it. I make a lot of use of it, as one profile is loaded with greesemonkey scripts, tool bars, etc...and another profile is clean, etc.
My friend who is a google employee told me NOT to download any toolbar - theirs included.

I would rather to have separate computers - one for fun one for serious matters that does not allow any junk to populate it.
Old Sep 14, 2010, 7:53 pm

Hi guys and girls, I'm one of those people whose applications got mixed up by using the same browser! I applied for Biz Visa and Personal Visa literally at the same time (filling out applications in different tabs, firefox) and submitted them 1 second apart. Both were not instantly approved but went to step 4 to register account online. That's where both got mixed, and when I was done with step 4, both application were for Biz Visa and had the same application ID number. Great.

Well, I am happy to report that in the end, it seems like I have been approved for both personal and biz. Since I didn't want to speak to the Citi rep, I called the automated number for both Biz and Personal, and I am approved for both cards. Hopefully I will get the 75k bonus from both! Thank you everyone for your info and advice!
Old Sep 14, 2010, 8:11 pm

Sorry if this has been answered, but I haven't found it. I applied for the Biz card, was asked for address verification, faxed some documents, and was wondering how long it takes for Citi to verify the address/confirm that the documents are sufficient?

Thanks guys!
Old Sep 14, 2010, 8:39 pm

did not see screen prints

Originally Posted by deant
Which AMEX card did you apply for? http://frugaltravelguy.com/ has links to all the information you probably need.
thanks - though I looked there and only saw links to the app- no screen prints but I could have missed them I suppose. Schutzee (sp?) offered an email that might solve the problem- will keep you all updated

anyone who hasn't done so - you might check to see if the offer is associated with your card or cards
Old Sep 14, 2010, 9:10 pm

Balance Transfers?

Does anyone know if Balance Transfers count towards the minimum purchase requirements?

Even though balance transfers are subject to a service fee, it may be a good option for those who don't spend much.
Old Sep 14, 2010, 9:19 pm

Originally Posted by tzoom84
Haha. Not relevant to the thread directly but my wife and I cracked up when we read this and the post above it. I'm in the SAAAAME boat with my wife there travelinterpreters!
+1 . She is fine with me telling her she just got a new credit card but she is annoyed if she has to do something else.
Old Sep 14, 2010, 9:22 pm

Originally Posted by mr.deke
Does anyone know if Balance Transfers count towards the minimum purchase requirements?

Even though balance transfers are subject to a service fee, it may be a good option for those who don't spend much.

Nope, balance transfers do not count towards the purchase requirement.
Old Sep 14, 2010, 9:26 pm

Any of these promo cards give you also a 10% off on an AA ticket purchae ?
Old Sep 14, 2010, 9:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by best
Any of these promo cards give you also a 10% off on an AA ticket purchae ?
Nope. Citi does not seem to ever have this type of feature, unlike the Chase genre.
Old Sep 14, 2010, 9:36 pm

Question

If this was posted earlier, I apologize. I didn't see this on the 1st page. Does the Citi BIZ AA Card report to the credit bureaus? I know many of the biz CCs from Citi, Chase, etc DON'T report, so just trying to see where the AA Biz fits in. Thanks in advance.

SuperG03
Old Sep 14, 2010, 10:51 pm

Programs: AA
I applied CitiBusiness eventhough I don't have a business. Like everyone else I put my ss# and claim myself and sole proprietory. Now Citi's asking me to fax proof of business, what's my option? I sell personal stuff on ebay once a while, does thay considered small business?
Old Sep 14, 2010, 10:53 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by Hi5z
Now Citi's asking me to fax proof of business, what's my option?
A copy of your Schedule C would work.
Old Sep 14, 2010, 11:53 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
Regarding for IP addresses: I can assure you if you have both spouses to apply you would be advised to change IP address between the 2 sets if you are going to use same computer. Citi fraud alert dept once called me because it saw 4 applications from SAME IP back to back. I have affirmative information on this happening from other FTers via PMs.
FWIW, I put in an app. for the personal Visa for my wife, just minutes after doing the personal/business combo for me, and on the same desktop and browser (I used laptop/desktop combo for my apps). Both personal apps were instantly approved and we have both cards; they requested proof of business address for the other card, and I'm still waiting to hear on that one.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.